PDA

View Full Version : In the same paragraph, Arseblog has said City's equaliser was offside but that our

Monty92
12-19-2016, 12:32 PM
defenders "didn't react quick enough to Sane's run".

Apart from playing him offside, presumably :shrug:

Thick c*nt

World's End Stella
12-19-2016, 12:39 PM

Thick c*nt

Anyone who watched that second half capitulation and cares one sh1t about the offside decisions is missing the point.

No one more so than Wenger.

Sir C
12-19-2016, 12:40 PM

Thick c*nt

He's the Irish bloke, right? I enjoy his podcast occasionally but he does sometimes say silly things.

I believe someone said he used to post here.

World's End Stella
12-19-2016, 12:43 PM

Thick c*nt

Also, I expect he meant that had they reacted more quickly they could have more clearly played him offside. Which is not an unreasonable point given how close that decision was. It was so close I don't think we can have any complaint.

Monty92
12-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Also, I expect he meant that had they reacted more quickly they could have more clearly played him offside. Which is not an unreasonable point given how close that decision was. It was so close I don't think we can have any complaint.

There is perhaps an argument for that, but it an unlucky ricochet to Silva that caught us out and left very, very little time for any of our defenders to reach. It wasn't a natural scenerio n which you'd expect all your defenders to step out in unison.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 12:50 PM

I thought the complaint regarding the second was a lot less valid than the first.

But of course your point from earlier - "Anyone who watched that second half capitulation and cares one sh1t about the offside decisions is missing the point" - is entirely valid.

World's End Stella
12-19-2016, 12:55 PM
There is perhaps an argument for that, but it an unlucky ricochet to Silva that caught us out and left very, very little time for any of our defenders to reach. It wasn't a natural scenerio n which you'd expect all your defenders to step out in unison.

Oh I don't think we can particularly criticise the defenders for that goal. I just think that focusing on the offside decisions when you're outplayed that badly is an exercise in missing the point by a mile or two.

Ash
12-19-2016, 01:16 PM
I thought the complaint regarding the second was a lot less valid than the first.

I'd have thought that the complaint regarding the second was more valid than the first. The first was marginal and you can't expect the linos to always get them right. For the second, Silva is in front of the goalie waving his leg at the ball. He has to be interfering with play.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I'd have thought that the complaint regarding the second was more valid than the first. The first was marginal and you can't expect the linos to always get them right. For the second, Silva is in front of the goalie waving his leg at the ball. He has to be interfering with play.

A wonderful game which brings forth different opinions.

I don’t think Silva’s presence in any way affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot given it was low to his left and Silva was moving in from his right, and indeed at a very late stage in the developing move.

There is indeed too much ambiguity surrounding a player interfering, or not, with play and as such I am more than willing to accept this.

In summary this goal was really poor by Cech and our scrambling around for excuses and blame to apportion simply reflects poorly on us.

Wenger out!

Ash
12-19-2016, 01:45 PM

I don’t think Silva’s presence in any way affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot given it was low to his left and Silva was moving in from his right, and indeed at a very late stage in the developing move.

There is indeed too much ambiguity surrounding a player interfering, or not, with play and as such I am more than willing to accept this.

In summary this goal was really poor by Cech and our scrambling around for excuses and blame to apportion simply reflects poorly on us.

Wenger out!

Discussing the interpretation of the laws of the game does not necessarily equate to making excuses. That would reflect poorly on our logic to assume such a connection.

Ash
12-19-2016, 01:51 PM

2015/16Interpretation:

"Players have previously been allowed to be in offside positions if they were not an "active" part of play; to be offside a player had to touch the ball. Referees' chief Mike Riley says the International Football Association Board (IFAB), the sport's law making body, introduced a change meaning anybody in an offside position making a play for the ball, being close to the ball or having an impact on an opponent would be deemed offside - even if they did not make contact."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-new-offside-rule-201516-9879398

SWv2
12-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Discussing the interpretation of the laws of the game does not necessarily equate to making excuses. That would reflect poorly on our logic to assume such a connection.

Yes, but when one says "us" one may have been referring to the larger family and not simply us as is "us".

I don't think we lost the game on rule interpretation, I think we lost as we played very poorly.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 01:57 PM
2015/16Interpretation:

"Players have previously been allowed to be in offside positions if they were not an "active" part of play; to be offside a player had to touch the ball. Referees' chief Mike Riley says the International Football Association Board (IFAB), the sport's law making body, introduced a change meaning anybody in an offside position making a play for the ball, being close to the ball or having an impact on an opponent would be deemed offside - even if they did not make contact."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-new-offside-rule-201516-9879398

As before I don’t believe his presence in any way impeded or affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot.

Fuming (mildly annoyed) is what I would be had such a decision gone against us for example, always a common sense way of judging these things I find. At the time for example I did not even react to the Spaniard’s presence.

Ash
12-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Yes, but when one says "us" one may have been referring to the larger family and not simply us as is "us".

I don't think we lost the game on rule interpretation, I think we lost as we played very poorly.

Of course we lost because we played poorly. The fact that both of their goals were, arguably, offside does not alter the fact that we were **** and deserved to lose. :shrug:

Ash
12-19-2016, 02:07 PM
As before I don’t believe his presence in any way impeded or affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot.

Fuming (mildly annoyed) is what I would be had such a decision gone against us for example, always a common sense way of judging these things I find. At the time for example I did not even react to the Spaniard’s presence.

Had such a decision gone against us I would expect you to accept the decision of the officials and move on, as I have never seen you express fume or mild annoyance at any decision against us.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Had such a decision gone against us I would expect you to accept the decision of the officials and move on, as I have never seen you express fume or mild annoyance at any decision against us.

I suppose you are correct here.

I see it as futile to rage after the event. It is one of the many great personal skills I have which I am very grateful for that upon final whistle I simply move on as opposed to others who for their own reasons may allow such events to spoil their day and/or evening.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-19-2016, 09:56 PM
2015/16Interpretation:

hmmmm Mike Riley... hmmmmm

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-19-2016, 09:58 PM

Wenger out!

One could argue that Monreal could have done more to keep Sterling at bay. Perhaps keep him outside the penalty area as long as possible and allow the other defenders to get back into place. Once Sterling got into that shooting position there was not really much Cech could do. It was low and in the corner. Few keepers would have saved that.

On the other side, what a great ball from De Bruyne in to Sterling's path.