PDA

View Full Version : Where do we stand on Granit Xhaka?

SWv2
12-19-2016, 11:33 AM
I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.

Billy Goat Sverige
12-19-2016, 11:38 AM
I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.

Poor yesterday, but thought he has been very good other than that. Could do with playing next to someone better than Coquelin.

What do we think of Perez would be a good one to ask. Mainly because despite scoring a hat-trick and looking a bit good against Basel he has hardly had a kick since. Meanwhile Iwobi and Chamberlain are stinking the place out.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-19-2016, 11:45 AM

What says ye?

Wenger out.

I think he is a very talented player and seems to have a genuine ability to play in front of the back four or further forward. Yes, some will point to a his red cards etc, but he will work that out in time.

He was very, very poor in that 2nd half yesterday. Let us hope he learns from his mistakes :-D

Your only mistake there was reading the Observer :hide:

Ash
12-19-2016, 12:01 PM

What says ye?

I'm not sure he's better than Santi Cazorla.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Poor yesterday, but thought he has been very good other than that. Could do with playing next to someone better than Coquelin.

What do we think of Perez would be a good one to ask. Mainly because despite scoring a hat-trick and looking a bit good against Basel he has hardly had a kick since. Meanwhile Iwobi and Chamberlain are stinking the place out.

Not sure. Did not watch any of the Basel game so cannot comment on his performance.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest his continued absence suggests that perhaps Wenger does not truly rate him and that perhaps his signing was a simple cheap option to keep critics, both inside and outside the club, off his back?

SWv2
12-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Santi is not available.

redgunamo
12-19-2016, 12:18 PM

"He's taller than Cazorla, but not quite so good a 'baller."

I'm sure some talented songsmith could do something with that.

redgunamo
12-19-2016, 12:20 PM

What says ye?

Wenger out.

I doudt we're ever going to get twenty-five goals a season out of him.

Sir C
12-19-2016, 12:21 PM

What says ye?

Wenger out.

Very happy with his passing game, but I have concerns about his mobility - or it might be his ptredictive powers.

I need to see more.

Ash
12-19-2016, 01:22 PM
"He's taller than Cazorla, but not quite so good a 'baller."

I'm sure some talented songsmith could do something with that.

I think I'd prefer "He's taller than Cazorla, but the better 'baller's smaller".

Ash
12-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Santi is not available.

Ah, when you said "in the club", I assumed that included the wounded.

SWv2
12-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Ah, when you said "in the club", I assumed that included the wounded.

The wounded are an irrelevance to me.

See also youths, reserves, promising starlets and loanees.

7sisters
12-19-2016, 03:04 PM

What says ye?

Wenger out.

We could probably get away with shoving him in at central defence while Shakira is off nursing her injury. He'd at least put a bit of fear into the opposition forwards.

Monty92
12-19-2016, 03:15 PM

What says ye?

Wenger out.

On the evidence so far, there's more chance of him standing on you. Right in front of the c*nting referee.

Tony C
12-20-2016, 09:17 AM
First time I saw Santi & Xhaka in the midfield I thought - JACKPOT

Been a long time since we had a world class combination in front of the back 4 and I'm pretty sure it's why we started to see Ozil become more of a goalscorer ie no need for him to drop so deep to drive our play.

Shame Santi got injured.

Like Xhaka a lot...can be a future Arsenal captain but clearly has bits and pieces of his game he needs to improve upon but guess that's partly why Arsene signed him I.e. Future improvement and value.

Perez would be awesome in a 4-4-2....same as Wellbeck.