PDA

View Full Version : Lunch?

Sir C
12-15-2016, 11:28 AM
It's going to be a corned beef sandwich for me.

Yes. Corned beef. How did it come to this?

Burney
12-15-2016, 11:30 AM
It's going to be a corned beef sandwich for me.

Yes. Corned beef. How did it come to this?

Tinned corn beef? I can't eat corned beef other than in hash form when I've cribbled it to buggery until it loses its unpleasant texture. It smacks of dog food otherwise.

Ketchup? Mustard? Pickle?

World's End Stella
12-15-2016, 11:31 AM
A corporate freebie here:

http://www.spicetraderlondon.co.uk/

Sir C
12-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Tinned corn beef? I can't eat corned beef other than in hash form when I've cribbled it to buggery until it loses its unpleasant texture. It smacks of dog food otherwise.

Ketchup? Mustard? Pickle?

Sliced corned beef from a packet. I don't know why. I just bought it and now I feel I must eat it. Put it down to a moment of madness.

Ketchup would be disgusting, surely? I can't eat pickles because once the jar has been opened, no one remembers how long it's been in the fridge so the pickles therein could be manky. Mustard possibly.

I was thinking of some tomato and shallot.

You're going for the wurst, I take it?

Sir C
12-15-2016, 11:34 AM

By the time you get home your garlic, ginger and chilli breath will have matured nicely. Be sure to give mrs wes the full blast when you kiss her hello.

World's End Stella
12-15-2016, 11:40 AM
By the time you get home your garlic, ginger and chilli breath will have matured nicely. Be sure to give mrs wes the full blast when you kiss her hello.

Oh yes, absolutely. Preceded by a nice curry belch, just to make sure that she understands that after 20 years of marriage the romance has in no way died :-\

Burney
12-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Sliced corned beef from a packet. I don't know why. I just bought it and now I feel I must eat it. Put it down to a moment of madness.

Ketchup would be disgusting, surely? I can't eat pickles because once the jar has been opened, no one remembers how long it's been in the fridge so the pickles therein could be manky. Mustard possibly.

You're going for the wurst, I take it?

I know people who eat it with ketchup in sandwiches. To be honest, the idea of eating it at all turns my stomach, so ketchup could only help, I'd have thought. Also, pickles are preserves. That means they are designed to keep for ages. Indeed, a pickled onion doesn't really reach its apotheosis until it's been hanging around long enough to develop those little yellow dots.

I may go for that Polish job again. It was awfully good and I quite fancy the Polish lady.

Ash
12-15-2016, 01:08 PM

That'll work, although rather a lot of effort. Straight from the packet will be fine. Or the tin. :thumbup:

Sir C
12-15-2016, 01:24 PM
That'll work, although rather a lot of effort. Straight from the packet will be fine. Or the tin. :thumbup:

I went with mustard and cucumber in the end. You won't be surprised to learn that it was just as revolting as it sounds.

Ash
12-15-2016, 01:30 PM
I went with mustard and cucumber in the end. You won't be surprised to learn that it was just as revolting as it sounds.

Cucumber's good. Mustard just makes everything taste of mustard, which is fine if you like that I suppose. Corned beef isn't revolting. Coriander is revolting. Did I mention that? Also rhubarb.

Sir C
12-15-2016, 01:32 PM
Cucumber's good. Mustard just makes everything taste of mustard, which is fine if you like that I suppose. Corned beef isn't revolting. Coriander is revolting. Did I mention that? Also rhubarb.

I'm definitely off corned beef now. You are, of course, correct about rhubarb.

Now I've always been a fan of coriander but recently I can't get enough of the stuff. I'm buying great big catering packs of coriander (and mint) and stuffing them into everything I eat. It's become something of an obsession.

Ash
12-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Now I've always been a fan of coriander but recently I can't get enough of the stuff. I'm buying great big catering packs of coriander (and mint) and stuffing them into everything I eat. It's become something of an obsession.

:yikes: :yikes:

Burney
12-15-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm definitely off corned beef now. You are, of course, correct about rhubarb.

My sausage was excellent and the Polish lady was wearing skin-tight leggings with - insofar as decency allowed me to ascertain - little or no underwear beneath.

Sir C
12-15-2016, 03:37 PM
My sausage was excellent and the Polish lady was wearing skin-tight leggings with - insofar as decency allowed me to ascertain - little or no underwear beneath.

It's enough to turn a chap's thoughts away from his Bratwurst and towards his Knackwurst.

Burney
12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
It's enough to turn a chap's thoughts away from his Bratwurst and towards his Knackwurst.

It's odd, isn't it, how priapic one can become when in the grip of a hangover. Perhaps the body thinks it's dying and seeks to procreate one last time?

Sir C
12-15-2016, 03:44 PM
It's odd, isn't it, how priapic one can become when in the grip of a hangover. Perhaps the body thinks it's dying and seeks to procreate one last time?

I thought it was just me.

Of course, in the grip of the nausea and sweats, the hands shaking, the breath reeking, it is unlikely that one will have an opportunity to exercise the tumescence. Nature loves to play her little tricks, does she not?

Pat Vegas
12-15-2016, 03:44 PM

I work next door to that place.

Burney
12-15-2016, 03:48 PM
I thought it was just me.

Of course, in the grip of the nausea and sweats, the hands shaking, the breath reeking, it is unlikely that one will have an opportunity to exercise the tumescence. Nature loves to play her little tricks, does she not?

I believe it's a widely-observed phenomenon. While all one's other physical functions are in meltdown, one can nonetheless sport an erection that could have someone's eye out if one were capable of sudden movement.