PDA

View Full Version : The mystery of Yaya Sanogo

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
Was not sent on loan, Is never featured in the team or the bench.

Was not even part of the league cup. yet an Arsenal player.

Very strange, Wenger liked him for a while caused unintentional chaos in the penalty area due to him running about like a spinning top.

On a side note I still think we should have kept Joel Campbell.

Ah he has a 'confidential injury' :rosicky:

Just Trent
12-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Was not sent on loan, Is never featured in the team or the bench.

Was not even part of the league cup. yet an Arsenal player.

Very strange, Wenger liked him for a while caused unintentional chaos in the penalty area due to him running about like a spinning top.

On a side note I still think we should have kept Joel Campbell.

Ah he has a 'confidential injury' :rosicky:

Maybe he's being saved for Bayern Munich game?

Mo Britain less Europe
12-14-2016, 09:18 PM
I was there the day Yaya Sanogo scored four goals for the Arsenal. Not many of you can say that.

Just Trent
12-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I was there the day Yaya Sanogo scored four goals for the Arsenal. Not many of you can say that.

Pre-season has always been a strange and magical time, where the normal rules of football don't apply. One year at Barnet, I saw Alex Hleb take a shot at goal from outside the box. Can you imagine?

CrossGun
12-14-2016, 11:15 PM
I respect Sanogo and I feel shame that he has become a figure of fun for some Arsenal fans. He contributed significantly to us ending the trophy drought. His introduction in the final v Hull changed the game.

With regard to his absence, I think Wenger recently alluded to some "confidential issues".

IUFG
12-15-2016, 08:18 AM
:redcard: pre-season friendlies, indeed :nono:

Pokster
12-15-2016, 09:05 AM

I was there for JJ and also for Glenn Helder....

World's End Stella
12-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Maybe he's being saved for Bayern Munich game?

:clap:

10 f*cking characters

Mo Britain less Europe
12-15-2016, 09:39 AM
I was there for JJ and also for Glenn Helder....

You are Peter Hill-Wood and I claim my prize.

Pokster
12-15-2016, 09:48 AM
You are Peter Hill-Wood and I claim my prize.

Your prize is a free night out with WES

Ash
12-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Your prize is a free night out with WES

Take some ear defenders.

SWv2
12-15-2016, 02:36 PM
I respect Sanogo and I feel shame that he has become a figure of fun for some Arsenal fans. He contributed significantly to us ending the trophy drought. His introduction in the final v Hull changed the game.

With regard to his absence, I think Wenger recently alluded to some "confidential issues".

Well **** me. I was present at this very game and now today reading this is the first time I ever knew he was on the pitch.

Though I am confused as Santi scored before the break, which in effect turned the game.

Sir C
12-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Well **** me. I was present at this very game and now today reading this is the first time I ever knew he was on the pitch.

Though I am confused as Santi scored before the break, which in effect turned the game.

You were píssed, weren't you?

His introduction caused utter chaos in their penalty area and was a major factor in our win.

Pokster
12-15-2016, 02:41 PM

His introduction caused utter chaos in their penalty area and was a major factor in our win.

A bit like Lukaku the other night?

SWv2
12-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Oh I was beyond drunk to be fair. Hospitality in Wembley Stadium so free bar before, during and after. Such was my thirst I ran down for more booze instead of watching the cup lift thing.

**** that.

At what point did he come on, 2-2?

Sir C
12-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Oh I was beyond drunk to be fair. Hospitality in Wembley Stadium so free bar before, during and after. Such was my thirst I ran down for more booze instead of watching the cup lift thing.

**** that.

Can't remember, I was in a pretty squalid condition myself, to be fair.

Ash
12-15-2016, 02:47 PM

**** that.

Was that the game I bumped into you at half-time? You certainly had had a glass or two at that point.

SWv2
12-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Was that the game I bumped into you at half-time? You certainly had had a glass or two at that point.

Think that was Wigan in the semi-final where indeed I had taken a few on board.

Cup final we were in hospitality so I doubt we would have been allowed come into contact with your sort.

Pat Vegas
12-15-2016, 03:27 PM
:hehe: Nah it's different.

It's so unconventional that he just goes wherever he wants. so any traditional football logic is thrown out the window and players get confused and will start marking him.

If your are on the opposing side it's better to ignore him and let him spin himself into a goalpost.

I used to try to fool people when I am playing football by going on sneaky runs or walking slowly in odd directions.
It didn't work of course.