PDA

View Full Version : I'd say we're looking at a weekend fixture of some significance here.

Sir C
12-14-2016, 03:44 PM
If City hand us our arses we'll likely finish the weekend 9 points behind Chelsea and effectively out of the title race. All the recent upsurge in optimism and positivity will drain away and the atmosphere at the Emirates will no doubt return to its previous levels of toxicity.

Meanwhile, the manager and his two star players are yet to commit to their future. If they refuse so to do, we're looking at a fundamental rebuild of the management team and the playing squad.

Gird your loins for a few years of real mediocrity. What's coming may be very ugly indeed. :-(

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 04:23 PM
If City hand us our arses we'll likely finish the weekend 9 points behind Chelsea and effectively out of the title race. All the recent upsurge in optimism and positivity will drain away and the atmosphere at the Emirates will no doubt return to its previous levels of toxicity.

Meanwhile, the manager and his two star players are yet to commit to their future. If they refuse so to do, we're looking at a fundamental rebuild of the management team and the playing squad.

Gird your loins for a few years of real mediocrity. What's coming may be very ugly indeed. :-(

It's a little like the US election of Trump. If the democrats don't win, then you're in a world of sh!t real fast. I feel we're going to be getting death squads pretty quickly here. Death squads in Kansas City. :-) Actually that's not a joke. Duterte stylee.

Sir C
12-14-2016, 04:27 PM
It's a little like the US election of Trump. If the democrats don't win, then you're in a world of sh!t real fast. I feel we're going to be getting death squads pretty quickly here. Death squads in Kansas City. :-) Actually that's not a joke. Duterte stylee.

I thought the Democrats had already lost? Have I missed something.

Kansas is an intriguing thought. I know nothing of Kansas, save that it's where Dorothy came from. Didn't look much like a city, to be fair. But tell us more, who is going to shoot who in Kansas and why?

(Why isn't Arkansas pronounced Arkansas when Kansas isn't pronounced Kansaw?)

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:27 PM

So there's a heavy responsibility on the lads then. Should be a good game.

I think we'll win comfortably anyway. We're better than them just now and they'll be without their most important player.

And they don't like it up 'em even more than we don't apparently.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:29 PM

I heard the Dems didn't win because you've actually been in a world of **** for the last eight years.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Kansas is an intriguing thought. I know nothing of Kansas, save that it's where Dorothy came from. Didn't look much like a city, to be fair. But tell us more, who is going to shoot who in Kansas and why?

Because it's Frog, innit.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 04:38 PM

That's what I mean. A hypothetical. A future subjunctive. Get on it, brah. Even I know that I don't talk English good. I'm saying, before the election, people should have had their crystal balls out. Same as what you got with l"Arse this weekend.

Pat Vegas

another question is. Is Pep not putting enough Pep in Man City's step.

eastgermanautos
That's what I mean. A hypothetical. A future subjunctive. Get on it, brah. Even I know that I don't talk English good. I'm saying, before the election, people should have had their crystal balls out. Same as what you got with l"Arse this weekend.

For the record I don't got no problem with death squads. If only because I think I'd come out of that all right. Don't fvck with the EGA.

Ash
12-14-2016, 04:42 PM
I heard the Dems didn't win because you've actually been in a world of **** for the last eight years.

EGA is some kind of media luvee, I gather, so he's been alright, Jack.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:43 PM

He knows **** all about **** all, do you mean? That would explain it.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 04:45 PM

EGA is a girls school to me.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 04:47 PM

Girls school my ass. I kill any muthafvcka that step to me !!

:-)

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:48 PM
For the record I don't got no problem with death squads. If only because I think I'd come out of that all right. Don't fvck with the EGA.

Even Kanye is with the programme now. :nod:

Ash
12-14-2016, 04:49 PM

To me EGA is a computer graphics card & monitor protocol that preceded VGA in the late 1980's.

:old:

Sir C
12-14-2016, 04:50 PM

Oh you shouldn't do yourself down, ega. I find your take on English fascinating and, at times, not a little refreshing. What is your first language, out of interest? Are you one of those 'Latino' chaps, of whom we hear so much? One wonders what on earth a Latino is, of course, but the English way is to skirt around these potentially embarrassing questions.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Even Kanye is with the programme now. :nod:

Kanye is a born tool. I like whats his face, the abusive boyfriend. Chris Brown.

I appreciate how utterly fvcked he was after he did that. You don't punch Rihanna in the face if you want to flourish in the rap game. :hehe:

Sir C
Because it's Frog, innit.

They have Frogs in America now? Who'd have thought it. All escaping M. Hollande's puntive tax regime, I suppose?

Pat Vegas
To me EGA is a computer graphics card & monitor protocol that preceded VGA in the late 1980's.

:old:

My grandfather got into computers a bit but seems to have stopped.
He asks questions like 'is it rim dim or sim?'

:shrug:

Though he's 85 he's got 2 tablets 2 laptops and a pc :sherlock: and a PC he bought but has kept in the box incase the other one breaks.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Oh you shouldn't do yourself down, ega. I find your take on English fascinating and, at times, not a little refreshing. What is your first language, out of interest? Are you one of those 'Latino' chaps, of whom we hear so much? One wonders what on earth a Latino is, of course, but the English way is to skirt around these potentially embarrassing questions.

True story, man. I have some connections to the Latin Kings gang in NYC. "Eyes" Dejesus. Unfortunately he's out of commission for a bit, as he is up at Rikers. But this is the sort of man you are dealing with.

Sir C
12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
True story, man. I have some connections to the Latin Kings gang in NYC. "Eyes" Dejesus. Unfortunately he's out of commission for a bit, as he is up at Rikers. But this is the sort of man you are dealing with.

I see, I see. Hmm.

Actually, I don't see, sadly :-(

Fash will fill me in. He understands the Yanqui and the youths.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 04:56 PM
I see, I see. Hmm.

Actually, I don't see, sadly :-(

Fash will fill me in. He understands the Yanqui and the youths.

hmmm you'll have to give me a while on this one.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:59 PM
They have Frogs in America now? Who'd have thought it. All escaping M. Hollande's puntive tax regime, I suppose?

I suppose so. That's why I always say, ill-gotten cash is best; no tax, see.

Arkansas is great though. Deep fat fried gherkins, a local delicacy, is a culinary triumph. They changed my life.

Sir C
12-14-2016, 05:03 PM
I suppose so. That's why I always say, ill-gotten cash is best; no tax, see.

Arkansas is great though. Deep fat fried gherkins, a local delicacy, is a culinary triumph. They changed my life.

Deep fried gherkins? You're quite sure they're French and not Scotch?

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 05:03 PM
hmmm you'll have to give me a while on this one.

:hehe:

You will all have to join me for a beverage when I'm out in the UK again. Should be soon, as I'm talking to an Irish investor. Actually, you people can help me with this. According to this investor, there is some sort of dodge shaping up for companies which set up shop in Belfast. Apparently these companies have continued access to the EU, because they're on Irish soil. On the other hand, Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and thus will be subject to Brexit.

Belfast is a bridge between these two worlds, or so I have been given to understand. A Cayman Islands, a Panama, a Montecarlo...

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Deep fried gherkins? You're quite sure they're French and not Scotch?

I didn't see any deep fried haggis. I might give it a try this Winter :rubchin:

Sir C
12-14-2016, 05:08 PM

You will all have to join me for a beverage when I'm out in the UK again. Should be soon, as I'm talking to an Irish investor. Actually, you people can help me with this. According to this investor, there is some sort of dodge shaping up for companies which set up shop in Belfast. Apparently these companies have continued access to the EU, because they're on Irish soil. On the other hand, Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and thus will be subject to Brexit.

Belfast is a bridge between these two worlds, or so I have been given to understand. A Cayman Islands, a Panama, a Montecarlo...

:hehe: The chap sounds like a fine snake oil salesman, ega.

We have no idea yet what the terms of Brexit are going to be. None whatsoever. Your man there is making it up as he goes along.

Also, beware Ireland and Northern Ireland, because it if full of Irishers who are madly enthusiastic about blowing each other up.

Ash
12-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Curly and Norn Iron are yer men to speak to on here about the six counties. SW hails from there but defected to the Free State. I lived in Lisburn as a child. Invaded in '69, you see.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 05:10 PM
:hehe: The chap sounds like a fine snake oil salesman, ega.

We have no idea yet what the terms of Brexit are going to be. None whatsoever. Your man there is making it up as he goes along.

Also, beware Ireland and Northern Ireland, because it if full of Irishers who are madly enthusiastic about blowing each other up.

Right. I don't like snake oil. Not a fan. :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 05:11 PM

I'm in Vegas from Friday if your are around.
Giving the Cosmopolitan a bash.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Curly and Norn Iron are yer men to speak to on here about the six counties. SW hails from there but defected to the Free State. I lived in Lisburn as a child. Invaded in '69, you see.

Okay, I'll quiz them. Say this for the Irish, they like a drink. These dudes were crazy. Three double vodkas and coke in like fifteen minutes. I looked upon it as a challenge.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 05:12 PM

The paramilitaries used to pay their keep that way in the old days, buying farms and land near the border and claiming subsidies from both sides for, essentially, "exporting" and "importing" produce between the UK and Europe. Basically walking their cattle, or what-have-you, from one end of the barn to the other and back again.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm in Vegas from Friday if your are around.
Giving the Cosmopolitan a bash.

Maybe man! Okay. For how long? Put it this way: we are looking to attach a director now, now. If we get one by Friday, I will be in a festive mood.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Maybe man! Okay. For how long? Put it this way: we are looking to attach a director now, now. If we get one by Friday, I will be in a festive mood.

I'm there until Monday then a day in salt lake city.

eastgermanautos
12-14-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm there until Monday then a day in salt lake city.

Yeah well, you might want to get your drinking in before you head over to Salt Lake. Sage advice from an old hand. :nod:

Just Trent
12-14-2016, 09:25 PM

I think our league campaign probably peaked last Saturday. Can't see us going top again this season. I quite fancy our chances in the FA cup though. I'm also looking forward to the return of Welbeck. What a fine young chap imo

Sir C
12-19-2016, 09:51 AM

I wish I hadn't jinxed us with this. :-(

Wenger out, is it?

Ash
12-19-2016, 10:04 AM

Wenger out, is it?

http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/ActorsL/tve9961-19730623-82.jpg

Rich
12-19-2016, 10:27 AM

Wenger out, is it?

Wenger has been trying to tell Ozil and Alexis that money isn't everything. While that is true, I can't imagine that the past week has done much to persuade them that they should sacrifice money to play for The Arsenal.

Ash
12-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Wenger has been trying to tell Ozil and Alexis that money isn't everything. While that is true, I can't imagine that the past week has done much to persuade them that they should sacrifice money to play for The Arsenal.

We're gonna win the European Cup, Rich.

:-|

Oh well, the money we get for them in the summer will make a nice transfer kitty for the new manager to rebuild the team.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Or a lot of money that a new guy may not know how to spend. Who knows, we might be pleasantly surprised?