PDA

View Full Version : I had a feeling we'd lose last night. But I was convinced that young lad

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 10:57 AM
they brought on was going to score as we do have a habit of making youngsters on other teams famous.

I was wrong.

PSRB
12-14-2016, 11:00 AM
they brought on was going to score as we do have a habit of making youngsters on other teams famous.

I was wrong.

**** night all round. Less said the better

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 11:01 AM
**** night all round. Less said the better

We needed Eduardo to sort it out.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 11:03 AM
We needed Eduardo to sort it out.

To score that all-important sixth goal?

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
To score that all-important sixth goal?

I recall Eduardo having a good evening up there around the new years period :cloud9:

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 11:09 AM
I recall Eduardo having a good evening up there around the new years period :cloud9:

His first league goals for us, I think.

Burney
12-14-2016, 11:32 AM
His first league goals for us, I think.

How odd. I thought about dear old Edward and what might have been for the first time in ages yesterday. It made me rather melancholy. I still maintain that Arsenal's future turned on that moment.

Ash
12-14-2016, 11:56 AM
How odd. I thought about dear old Edward and what might have been for the first time in ages yesterday. It made me rather melancholy. I still maintain that Arsenal's future turned on that moment.

Another, if not THE moment was when Jens kicked it out to Wayne Bridge (I think) and Chelsea knocked us out of the CL. If that doesn't happen we go on to beat Porto in the final, and Mourinho never goes to Chelsea, and we win the league again and go on to rule the world for ever. SPECULATION.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Another, if not THE moment was when Jens kicked it out to Wayne Bridge (I think) and Chelsea knocked us out of the CL. If that doesn't happen we go on to beat Porto in the final, and Mourinho never goes to Chelsea, and we win the league again and go on to rule the world for ever. SPECULATION.

So Jens cost us two CL trophies?

Ash
12-14-2016, 12:20 PM
So Jens cost us two CL trophies?

Looks like it. Always said he was over-rated.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Looks like it. Always said he was over-rated.

I maintain at the time nobody actually liked him that much.

but its looked he is looked back fondly as some sort of lunatic legend. I mean he did contribute highly to getting us to the final in 2006 but he cost us that game imo.

It was our time we beat some tremendous teams. 11 v 11 I think we would have made it. Henry gets the blame but I don't think it's fair.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 12:29 PM

Abramovich was more important to the narrative than Mourinho, imo. Imagine, without him, John Terry would be just on the point of retiring as our greatest ever captain :-\

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Abramovich was more important to the narrative than Mourinho, imo. Imagine, without him, John Terry would be just on the point of retiring as our greatest ever captain :-\

I never understood the excitement of the pundits when Abramovich came along.
I thought someone coming in to buy a team and throw endless money at a team would be frowned upon generally but it wasn't the case.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 12:33 PM

Certainly our response to it wasn't worthy of champions. Some things are more important though, of course.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 12:35 PM
I never understood the excitement of the pundits when Abramovich came along.
I thought someone coming in to buy a team and throw endless money at a team would be frowned upon generally but it wasn't the case.

Why would it be frowned upon? Everyone likes money, especially if it's ***FREE***.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Certainly our response to it wasn't worthy of champions. Some things are more important though, of course.

Though when Ramsey broke his leg I thought out response was good.
It had me convinced that time we were going to do it :hehe:

Every year I fall for the same.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Why would it be frowned upon? Everyone likes money, especially if it's ***FREE***.

I thought teams who just bought success were generally not considered popular.
Including ourselves in the past when we were the Bank of England club.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 12:41 PM
I thought teams who just bought success were generally not considered popular.
Including ourselves in the past when we were the Bank of England club.

With supporters of other clubs maybe, but pundits (and especially their wives) all want to be invited for cocktails on Roman's yacht.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 12:43 PM
With supporters of other clubs maybe, but pundits (and especially their wives) all want to be invited for cocktails on Roman's yacht.

Whilst we all said. 'Can't wait till he gets bored and ****s off' 'You'll be another Leeds'

He's been around over 13 years now.

World's End Stella
12-14-2016, 01:54 PM

That went to extra time and as I recall it, we looked absolutely out on our feet. We never even remotely looked like scoring, an outstanding side just looked very, very old I thought.

I'm convinced that game convinced Wenger that he needed a youth movement, hence the following 10 years or so.

Pokster
12-14-2016, 03:26 PM
That went to extra time and as I recall it, we looked absolutely out on our feet. We never even remotely looked like scoring, an outstanding side just looked very, very old I thought.

I'm convinced that game convinced Wenger that he needed a youth movement, hence the following 10 years or so.

If you are talking about the Chelsea game, it didn't go to Extra time

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 03:44 PM
If you are talking about the Chelsea game, it didn't go to Extra time

Reyes scored in that one?

I remember Henry coming off for Bergkamp with 10 mins to go.

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Reyes scored in that one?

I remember Henry coming off for Bergkamp with 10 mins to go.

I always felt we lost that tie at their place. We should've killed them after Desailly, I think, was sent off.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2016, 04:25 PM
I always felt we lost that tie at their place. We should've killed them after Desailly, I think, was sent off.

:nod: Didn't Pires hit the bar? or it went just over.

Ash
12-14-2016, 04:40 PM

We should just rejoice that he didn't buy Tottenham, as he nearly did. :-|

redgunamo
12-14-2016, 04:41 PM
We should just rejoice that he didn't buy Tottenham, as he nearly did. :-|

looooooooooooooool :-|