PDA

View Full Version : Playing the first leg away. What is your preference?

Pat Vegas
12-12-2016, 04:25 PM
We need some away goals in that first game to stand a chance.

I actually think it suits them. because if we could have been at home first at it was close we could have nicked it in the 2nd leg perhaps. Even if it's close and goes to extra time they will get the longer to score away goals. If if they start smashing us if we can get a couple of away goals we might be alright. though i read some stats that the home team in the 2nd leg has the advantage.

However either way we are ****ed.

Stupid competition. I used to enjoy it.

redgunamo
12-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Stats cannot be very instructive here, I think, because in most of the
ties one team would be expected to go through ten times out of ten in any case.

I hope we finish the job at their place.

:readit:

I actually think it suits them. because if we could have been at home first at it was close we could have nicked it in the 2nd leg perhaps. Even if it's close and goes to extra time they will get the longer to score away goals. If if they start smashing us if we can get a couple of away goals we might be alright. though i read some stats that the home team in the 2nd leg has the advantage.

Pat Vegas
12-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Stats cannot be very instructive here, I think, because in most of the
ties one team would be expected to go through ten times out of ten in any case.

I hope we finish the job at their place.

:readit:

I want a 1-5 Inter type performance.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-12-2016, 09:02 PM

Play the first leg at home imo. I don't get this home advantage in the 2nd leg being an advantage malarkey. The later in a tie the away goal can be decisive, is when you want it to count in your favour. 0-0 at home in the first leg is often better than 0-0 away in the first leg

Mo Britain less Europe
12-12-2016, 09:49 PM
I say we score a couple of goals away and put the pressure on them. A win there and we go though. A score draw there puts a lot of pressure on them. A narrow defeat where we score there keeps us alive.

Got a feeling we'll do it this time if we can keep our best players fit and on the pitch.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I say we score a couple of goals away and put the pressure on them. A win there and we go though. A score draw there puts a lot of pressure on them. A narrow defeat where we score there keeps us alive.

Got a feeling we'll do it this time if we can keep our best players fit and on the pitch.

Whatever....

eastgermanautos
12-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Whatever....

There was that one guy who completely abused us last time. On the left, super fast and "erogint."