PDA

View Full Version : So, apparently, Uber drivers are sometimes working for less than minimum wage and

Burney
12-09-2016, 02:37 PM
aren't happy about it.

Is the obvious solution not 'Get another job, then.'? Am I missing something? :shrug:

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:12 PM
aren't happy about it.

Is the obvious solution not 'Get another job, then.'? Am I missing something? :shrug:

The chap who took r home last night was a jolly smiley fellow. Her didn't seem at all oppressed. Plus, for some reason, they had put a £5 credit on my account, so her trip home only cost 2 quid.

wd uber.

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:16 PM
aren't happy about it.

Isn't the minimum wage the biggest McGuffin in the world? If you have a family to feed, what difference does it make if you stack shelves for twelve quid an hour or only ten.

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:18 PM
The chap who took r home last night was a jolly smiley fellow. Her didn't seem at all oppressed. Plus, for some reason, they had put a £5 credit on my account, so her trip home only cost 2 quid.

wd uber.

That sounds eminently reasonable to me - particularly when you consider it used to be virtually impossible to get a cab round your place after 10.

You did check he didn't rape and murder her, right? :-\

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:26 PM
That sounds eminently reasonable to me - particularly when you consider it used to be virtually impossible to get a cab round your place after 10.

You did check he didn't rape and murder her, right? :-\

Actually I spoke to her this morning whilst we were booking tickets to go and see simple minds next year :cloud9:

Pokster
12-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Actually I spoke to her this morning whilst we were booking tickets to go and see simple minds next year :cloud9:

Simple Minds!! Give me strength

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Oh, that's alright, then. :-)
Isn't Jim Kerr rather fat these days? Being scotch he's done well to make it this far, of course, but last time I saw him he was carrying some serious timber.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Oh, that's alright, then. :-)
Isn't Jim Kerr rather fat these days? Being scotch he's done well to make it this far, of course, but last time I saw him he was carrying some serious timber.

He's not the stripling he once was, of course. I hope he still does his bendy rubber legs dancing.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Simple Minds!! Give me strength

You're not invited mate so you won't be inconvenienced.

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
He's not the stripling he once was, of course. I hope he still does his bendy rubber legs dancing.

Now, about this moussaka - the only flavourings going into the meat are garlic, tomato, onion, cinnamon and bay leaf, right? Nothing else? Only that sounds a little...well...bland. I'm going to be sorely tempted to fück a load of cumin in there unless you can reassure me it's not bland.

Pokster
12-09-2016, 03:39 PM
You're not invited mate so you won't be inconvenienced.

Thank God for that

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Now, about this moussaka - the only flavourings going into the meat are garlic, tomato, onion, cinnamon and bay leaf, right? Nothing else? Only that sounds a little...well...bland. I'm going to be sorely tempted to fück a load of cumin in there unless you can reassure me it's not bland.

Trust me, I've been amazed at just how good it is. I also thought it sounded a little dull.

You must, of course, make your own judgement.

Luis Anaconda
12-09-2016, 04:05 PM

wd uber.

I had my first Uber experience in London last week - the driver was a splendid sort