PDA

View Full Version : Lunch?

barrybueno
12-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Bacon and sausage baguette pour moi

****in 'andsome! Although I do need a lie down now.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 01:18 PM

Welsh complet. I've got the cheese sweats now.

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Bacon and cheese burger at Goodmans with duck fat chips and two pints of Estrella.

Medium with mayo, English mustard and ketchup.

I'd murder pretty much anyone for a couch right now :yawn:

Luis Anaconda
12-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Krustenbraten mit semmel - nice

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Krustenbraten mit semmel - nice

You've learned to speak German, haven't you?

F*cking deviant.

Luis Anaconda
12-09-2016, 01:57 PM
You've learned to speak German, haven't you?

F*cking deviant.
Not much :(

Sir C
12-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Bacon and cheese burger at Goodmans with duck fat chips and two pints of Estrella.

Medium with mayo, English mustard and ketchup.

I'd murder pretty much anyone for a couch right now :yawn:

I used to like Goodman but then, for some reason, I ended up following Dave Strauss on Twitter. His constant negativity abot the Arsenal has led to me boycotting any restaurant with which he is connected.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Not much :(

I'm making Currywurst mit Pommes for dinner. :cloud9:

Ash
12-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Salami Pizza

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 02:38 PM

I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that's a sausage with curry sauce and potatoes?

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that's a sausage with curry sauce and potatoes?

Pommes is French, not German. It's short for Pommes Frites, what they call chips. The Germans pinched their word as they don't have their own.

As I understand it anyway.

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 02:42 PM
I used to like Goodman but then, for some reason, I ended up following Dave Strauss on Twitter. His constant negativity abot the Arsenal has led to me boycotting any restaurant with which he is connected.

Strikes me as absurd mate. The steak is good, really, really, really good. The sides are also excellent, the creamed spinach and truffled chips in particular. They serve cold lager, an array of cocktails and have a fine and reasonably priced wine list. And you can walk out of there having had an excellent meal for less than £100.

Why in f*ck's name would I give a toss what a director of the company that owns it, thinks about Arsenal?

Burney
12-09-2016, 02:43 PM

The 'sauce' is Ketchup with curry powder in it.

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 02:43 PM
The 'sauce' is Ketchup with curry powder in it.

Yuk. Sounds awful :-(

SWv2
12-09-2016, 02:46 PM

Sausage and curry chips?

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Tastes delicious though. Essentially this, I'm guessing. In England, it would be "curry sauce".

http://www.chefheinzyee.com/uploads/4/3/0/1/4301254/9371097_orig.jpg

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Sausage and curry chips?

Yeah, chop up the sausage. Apply curry sauce preparation of choice (the original from Berlin is simply ketchup, as pointed out already), then sprinkle chili powder and/or curry powder to taste.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Strikes me as absurd mate. The steak is good, really, really, really good. The sides are also excellent, the creamed spinach and truffled chips in particular. They serve cold lager, an array of cocktails and have a fine and reasonably priced wine list. And you can walk out of there having had an excellent meal for less than £100.

Why in f*ck's name would I give a toss what a director of the company that owns it, thinks about Arsenal?

They're not as good as Hawksmoor anyway.

He is a miserable **** so I don't wish to support him financially. I have principles and I stick to them. I boycott Australian and American wine as well. And if there was anything which came from Canada that was worth buying, I'd boycott that as well.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:02 PM

You've never had Currywurst? How odd.

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Tastes delicious though. Essentially this, I'm guessing. In England, it would be "curry sauce".

http://www.chefheinzyee.com/uploads/4/3/0/1/4301254/9371097_orig.jpg

Of course its alleged that squaddies are responsible for it, having flogged curry powder, etc to the Germans on the black market while stationed in Berlin.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Yeah, chop up the sausage. Apply curry sauce preparation of choice (the original from Berlin is simply ketchup, as pointed out already), then sprinkle chili powder and/or curry powder to taste.

The Wurst is important, mind. You wouldn't want to try it with a Great British Banger.

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 03:09 PM

He is a miserable **** so I don't wish to support him financially. I have principles and I stick to them. I boycott Australian and American wine as well. And if there was anything which came from Canada that was worth buying, I'd boycott that as well.

Hawksmoor? That's the place that does British grass fed beef only, is it not?

I'll pass, thanks.

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Of course its alleged that squaddies are responsible for it, having flogged curry powder, etc to the Germans on the black market while stationed in Berlin.

Yes, or some Hausfrau or other whose name has since gone down in legend and song but escapes me just now. Hertha, is it, like the football team from down that way.

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:11 PM
The Wurst is important, mind. You wouldn't want to try it with a Great British Banger.

I haven't had a Great British Banger for decades. That's why I didn't take part in the recent referendum, I suppose :-(

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:14 PM
I haven't had a Great British Banger for decades. That's why I didn't take part in the recent referendum, I suppose :-(

In general, of course, said sausage is a disappointment.

It is very rare that one actually encounters a Great British Banger. On these occasions, the beast should be anointed with a splash of Worcestershire sauce.

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:20 PM

Your mum's a great British banger.

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Yes, or some Hausfrau or other whose name has since gone down in legend and song but escapes me just now. Hertha, is it, like the football team from down that way.

Charlottenburg, I think.

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Your mum's a great British banger.

Hurrah! Free at last! :cloud9:

redgunamo
12-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Charlottenburg, I think.

No wonder we never get any penalties :-(

Burney
12-09-2016, 03:23 PM
In general, of course, said sausage is a disappointment.

It is very rare that one actually encounters a Great British Banger. On these occasions, the beast should be anointed with a splash of Worcestershire sauce.

The real and unspoken truth about the Freat British Banger is that it is at its finest when cold, streaked with congealed fat and dipped in a pot of Colman's - preferably at a test match.

Sir C
12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Hawksmoor? That's the place that does British grass fed beef only, is it not?

I'll pass, thanks.

Yes. Proper meat, from cows which eat, you know, grass. Like cows are supposed to.

Ash
12-09-2016, 03:46 PM

http://orig09.deviantart.net/09d1/f/2007/349/1/4/terrance_and_phillip_by_ookami_shikon.jpg

World's End Stella
12-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes. Proper meat, from cows which eat, you know, grass. Like cows are supposed to.

I don't imagine ducks are meant to have a tube shoved down their throat and grain poured into their stomachs, but you eat foie gras, and don't say you don't.

Regardless of what cows are meant to eat, they taste much better when they eat grain because it makes them fatter and as we all know, fat is flavour.

So ner.