PDA

View Full Version : Right,what the fúck happened last night?

TheCurly
12-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Rub of the green on a Champions League night?
I'm not having thon
It's the sticky ain't it? :-(

Sir C
12-07-2016, 02:53 PM
I'm not having thon

All Hail The Sticky, c. Victory is ours!

Burney
12-07-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm not having thon

The sticky truly is a marvellous thing brought down from the mountain by Chris+ as proof of the Lord's covenant with the Arsenal.

:bow:

TheCurly
12-07-2016, 02:55 PM
All Hail The Sticky, c. Victory is ours!

It's exciting isn't it? At least with the Untouchables one knew where one stood.A goal down after 10? No problem,we will score
This team? Surprisingly consistent with an edge.

Sir C
12-07-2016, 02:57 PM
It's exciting isn't it? At least with the Untouchables one knew where one stood.A goal down after 10? No problem,we will score
This team? Surprisingly consistent with an edge.

But with the potential to go flat for no apparent reason. That's when the sticky kicks in.

When did we last have a player like boggly-eyes, c?

TheCurly
12-07-2016, 02:59 PM
But with the potential to go flat for no apparent reason. That's when the sticky kicks in.

When did we last have a player like boggly-eyes, c?

I doubt we ever had.Similar players with similar qualities but never the whole package

Luis Anaconda
12-07-2016, 03:11 PM
I doubt we ever had.Similar players with similar qualities but never the whole package

May Dennis have mercy on your soul, c

redgunamo
12-07-2016, 03:15 PM

I was just gonna say ..

Ash
12-07-2016, 03:24 PM
I was just gonna say ..

Indeed. This surely goes down as blasphemy, doesn't it?

Almost as bad as that fanatic Monty bringing up his poor child to believe that Dennis is not divine.

Burney
12-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Indeed. This surely goes down as blasphemy, doesn't it?

Almost as bad as that fanatic Monty bringing up his poor child to believe that Dennis is not divine.

More heresy, I'd have thought. I do believe that in his heart of hearts, Sir C believes the google-eyed one to be a better player than Dennis. I've never heard him say that explicitly, I'm just reading between the lines.

:judge:

Ash
12-07-2016, 03:32 PM
More heresy, I'd have thought. I do believe that in his heart of hearts, Sir C believes the google-eyed one to be a better player than Dennis. I've never heard him say that explicitly, I'm just reading between the lines.

We should probably stone him anyway. Just in case.

I'll have two points, two flats, and a packet of gravel, please.

World's End Stella
12-07-2016, 03:33 PM

Ozil plays in away games in Europe.

Just saying like.

redgunamo
12-07-2016, 03:42 PM

No, Sir C is far too sensible for that. He knows fully well that Dennis scored over twenty goals in a season about half a dozen times in his career. Mesut will be lucky to do it even once.

And there is the key difference between the two players; it's much easier for a forward to look good if nobody expects you to do much goalscoring. Defences give Mesut time, knowing the chap they *really* need to worry about is the one he's going to pass to, rather than Mesut himself.

Dennis never had that luxury. Press him and he would kill you with a through-ball, stand off him and he could ping one into the top corner instead.

Sir C
12-07-2016, 03:51 PM

This is a filthy lie.

Considering with question of when we had a player as good as googly I was, of course, thinking initially of Cesc.

Dennis goes without saying. Dennis is above your lumpen English concepts of 'good footballer'.

Burney
12-07-2016, 03:52 PM
No, Sir C is far too sensible for that. He knows fully well that Dennis scored over twenty goals in a season about half a dozen times in his career. Mesut will be lucky to do it even once.

And there is the key difference between the two players; it's much easier for a forward to look good if nobody expects you to do much goalscoring. Defences give Mesut time, knowing the chap they *really* need to worry about is the one he's going to pass to, rather than Mesut himself.

Dennis never had that luxury. Press him and he would kill you with a through-ball, stand off him and he could ping one into the top corner instead.

You've noted Sir C's silence on the matter, I take it? There's a tacit admission of guilt if ever there was one. He's essentially taking the Fifth. :judge: :judge: :judge:

Burney
12-07-2016, 03:53 PM
This is a filthy lie.

Considering with question of when we had a player as good as googly I was, of course, thinking initially of Cesc.

Dennis goes without saying. Dennis is above your lumpen English concepts of 'good footballer'.

Ha! A likely story! We all know what you really think, you foul heretic.

Pat Vegas
12-07-2016, 03:59 PM
The sticky truly is a marvellous thing brought down from the mountain by Chris+ as proof of the Lord's covenant with the Arsenal.

:bow:

I am a bit confused as I am Arse pain free.

Burney
12-07-2016, 04:06 PM
I am a bit confused as I am Arse pain free.

I'm beginning to think your ringpiece is not as divinely inspired as at first we thought, f. Shame, as I had wonderful images of your balloon knot being tortured and swollen all season, only to burst in a relieving gush of red and white on the day whoever our captain is these days lifts the Premier League Trophy.

Pat Vegas
12-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm beginning to think your ringpiece is not as divinely inspired as at first we thought, f. Shame, as I had wonderful images of your balloon knot being tortured and swollen all season, only to burst in a relieving gush of red and white on the day whoever our captain is these days lifts the Premier League Trophy.

:hehe: There I will be bleeding on the streets of Islington come May.

redgunamo
12-07-2016, 04:12 PM
:hehe: There I will be bleeding on the streets of Islington come May.

It'll be worse than that if you're not eating your greens, imo.

eastgermanautos
12-07-2016, 05:10 PM
This is a filthy lie.

It has to be said, now that we are considering things dispassionately, that Dennis Bergkamp was a *tad overrated. Was he good? Absolutely. Was he the greatest thing since sliced bread? By no means. Also, look at the people around him. His chief attribute was his personal cleanliness. He is a very clean man. My sister commented upon this.

Luis Anaconda
12-07-2016, 05:14 PM
It has to be said, now that we are considering things dispassionately, that Dennis Bergkamp was a *tad overrated. Was he good? Absolutely. Was he the greatest thing since sliced bread? By no means. Also, look at the people around him. His chief attribute was his personal cleanliness. He is a very clean man. My sister commented upon this.
Leave the board now

eastgermanautos
12-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Leave the board now

You know, I just think it's time we looked at these things as Men. The cold, steely eye of objectivity.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-07-2016, 05:32 PM

You're cruising for a smiting, son. Any more and you're off :redcard:

Sir C
12-07-2016, 05:55 PM

You sick puppy. You should be ashamed of yourself. You make me feel unclean.

eastgermanautos
12-07-2016, 06:00 PM
You sick puppy. You should be ashamed of yourself. You make me feel unclean.

Who is that in your avatar? Keith Urban? :hehe: By the way, what the hell HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR. Where's Chuck Norris? Somebody's been messing about.

TheCurly
12-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Well now you're comparing cheese to a giraffe.Two completely different players,would DB have passed to Iwobi t'other night? No chance imo,he'd have banged in the top corner.A similar outcome but 2 different players.