PDA

View Full Version : Big week coming up

PotatoNoel
12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Stoke at home shouldn't be too difficult. Then we have Everton away on the Tuesday and City away at the weekend.

Everton haven't been in great form but Goodison is almost always a tough place to go. They won't roll over for us like West Ham, that's for sure. City again have been up and down for a while now. Aguero and Fernandinho being out is a big boost for us, as I'd like to think Mustafi and Kosc will be able to deal with Iheanacho. Their defence can be got at. Play with pace up front - Alexis, Theo and, dare I say it, Ox - with Monreal and hopefully Bellerin overlapping like against West Ham and we should create enough chances to win. If we can get even 7 points from these 3 games then it will go some way to make up for the 2 non-shows against spurs and United.

Sir C
12-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Stoke at home shouldn't be too difficult. Then we have Everton away on the Tuesday and City away at the weekend.

Everton haven't been in great form but Goodison is almost always a tough place to go. They won't roll over for us like West Ham, that's for sure. City again have been up and down for a while now. Aguero and Fernandinho being out is a big boost for us, as I'd like to think Mustafi and Kosc will be able to deal with Iheanacho. Their defence can be got at. Play with pace up front - Alexis, Theo and, dare I say it, Ox - with Monreal and hopefully Bellerin overlapping like against West Ham and we should create enough chances to win. If we can get even 7 points from these 3 games then it will go some way to make up for the 2 non-shows against spurs and United.

Aren't Stoke supposed to be pretty decent these days?

I think we'll get four points from these games. Pep isn't going to allow his side to lose twice at home to rivals in a month, no way.

PotatoNoel
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Aren't Stoke supposed to be pretty decent these days?

I think we'll get four points from these games. Pep isn't going to allow his side to lose twice at home to rivals in a month, no way.

Better than they used to be, maybe, but we still should be beating them.

Point is City are beatable. Just because it's Pep doesn't mean we should go and fear them. Instead we should go there and believe we can get a result, because if we turn up (big if, I know) and perform we can and will get a result.

Luis Anaconda
12-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Better than they used to be, maybe, but we still should be beating them.

Point is City are beatable. Just because it's Pep doesn't mean we should go and fear them. Instead we should go there and believe we can get a result, because if we turn up (big if, I know) and perform we can and will get a result.

Why is it a big if? Only lost once there in the last four visits

PotatoNoel
12-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Why is it a big if? Only lost once there in the last four visits

Last years game was a dead rubber. I said it's a big if because we have only turned up against a Chelsea team in transition so far this season out of all the 'big' games we have played (Liverpool, United, Spurs, PSG x2).

Luis Anaconda
12-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Last years game was a dead rubber. I said it's a big if because we have only turned up against a Chelsea team in transition so far this season out of all the 'big' games we have played (Liverpool, United, Spurs, PSG x2).
Only one of those games we lost and describing the performance in the Spurs game as "not turning up" at least is utter rubbish. Likewise PSG at home. Wasn't out finest but "not turning up" is a nonsense

barrybueno
12-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Have a drink LA, you seem stressed :thumbup:

PSRB
12-05-2016, 04:09 PM

Everton are really very poor, will be very annoyed if we don't win that. No creativity, Lukaku gets no service and defensively (especially keeper) they are very average. Plus I'll be in the box and it's wife's birthday, I don't want any post match piss-taking!!

PotatoNoel
12-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Only one of those games we lost and describing the performance in the Spurs game as "not turning up" at least is utter rubbish. Likewise PSG at home. Wasn't out finest but "not turning up" is a nonsense

Spurs weren't in great form coming into the match, and we hardly created anything

PSG at home and United saw us rack up a grand total of 2 shots on target. Yes, we didn't lose against United but they have been piss poor this season and we let them completely control the game. I'm still not sure how we didn't lose. Even PSG came to our ground and played the game on their terms despite the fact they have been pretty poor as well domestically, in a far worse league than the premier league.