PDA

View Full Version : For all our differences, it's good that all sides of the political spectrum can unite

Burney
12-02-2016, 10:22 AM
this morning in laughing at Zac Goldsmith.

Seriously, what a weapons-grade cock. :hehe:

Here he is not understanding how a pint of beer works.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-02-2016, 10:25 AM

:hehe: superb pic ...as much as I loathe Johnson, his relishing of that pint is brilliant.

Sir C
12-02-2016, 10:25 AM

He appears to be a quite spectacularly stupid man. Resigning over a point of principle in order to re-fight the seat without taking into account a certain elephant stripping the leaves from all the plants in the room is either the action of a deeply honourable cretin or just a cretin.

Burney
12-02-2016, 10:31 AM
He appears to be a quite spectacularly stupid man. Resigning over a point of principle in order to re-fight the seat without taking into account a certain elephant stripping the leaves from all the plants in the room is either the action of a deeply honourable cretin or just a cretin.

Yup. Also, not appearing to realise that his opposition also opposed the third runway, meaning his principled stand meant absolutely fück all. Likewise, not realising that resigning the Party whip meant he wouldn't have the Tory electoral machine behind him, which meant his campaign involved him not really bothering to campaign while the desperate LibDems threw the kitchen sink at it.

I think he probably considers himself principled, but is in fact merely arrogant and very, very stupid.

Monty92
12-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Yup. Also, not appearing to realise that his opposition also opposed the third runway, meaning his principled stand meant absolutely fück all. Likewise, not realising that resigning the Party whip meant he wouldn't have the Tory electoral machine behind him, which meant his campaign involved him not really bothering to campaign while the desperate LibDems threw the kitchen sink at it.

I think he probably considers himself principled, but is in fact merely arrogant and very, very stupid.

It was a pretty narrow defeat, though, wasn't it? Remove the despicable lies perpetuated by his opponents about his "dog whistle" mayoral campaign and he'd presumably have won in Richmond.

Ash
12-02-2016, 10:46 AM

I feel slightly better about not voting for him now, after the pang of doubt yesterday while reading the hate-filled islamophobic article about that nice Mr Khan than Monty posted yesterday. Not that Khan knows how to drink a pint of beer, of course, but he has a good excuse.

Burney
12-02-2016, 10:46 AM
It was a pretty narrow defeat, though, wasn't it? Remove the despicable lies perpetuated by his opponents about his "dog whistle" mayoral campaign and he'd presumably have won in Richmond.

Yes. The vote for to Remain in Richmond was 70%. The LibDems got just over 50% on a 53% turnout. Not quite the clarion call against Brexit some would have you believe.

Burney
12-02-2016, 10:48 AM
I feel slightly better about not voting for him now, after the pang of doubt yesterday while reading the hate-filled islamophobic article about that nice Mr Khan than Monty posted yesterday. Not that Khan knows how to drink a pint of beer, of course, but he has a good excuse.

I hardly think a belief in the divine inspiration of a 7th Century Camel-botherer constitutes 'a good excuse' for not drinking, a.

Ash
12-02-2016, 10:55 AM
I hardly think a belief in the divine inspiration of a 7th Century Camel-botherer constitutes 'a good excuse' for not drinking, a.

I expect the whole death-to-apostates thing makes it difficult to opt out.

Burney
12-02-2016, 10:58 AM
I expect the whole death-to-apostates thing makes it difficult to opt out.

I know chaps who worked in Saudi for several years and had to either make their own wine at home.

You literally couldn't pay me enough. :-(

PSRB
12-02-2016, 11:30 AM

:hehe: That properly made me chuckle

redgunamo
12-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I know chaps who worked in Saudi for several years and had to either make their own wine at home.

You literally couldn't pay me enough. :-(

Oh, yes. Down that way, you need to get in with the British press. They always know how and where to get decent drink.

The British Press :bow:

Luis Anaconda
12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Oh, yes. Down that way, you need to get in with the British press. They always know how and where to get decent drink.

ty red. You always get to the heart of the issue

Burney
12-02-2016, 02:10 PM

A fine body of men, r, and no mistake.

Imagine having to subsist on home-brewed wine for years, though. It doesn't bear thinking about. :cry:

Ash
12-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Imagine having to subsist on home-brewed wine for years, though. It doesn't bear thinking about. :cry:

I did, as a teenager, tbh.

redgunamo
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM

Right. But does one actually "brew" wine? My wife and I have been disputing this since you said it and the best solution we've come up with is to share a bottle of claret :-\

Burney
12-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Not sure, actually. I think it basically just ferments, doesn't it? I used 'brew' as distinct from distillation, but am happy to be corrected.

At least you and the missus have done well out of it.