PDA

View Full Version : I am currently sat at my desk imagining Danny Rose's face over and over again

World's End Stella
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
but nope, just can't do it, Charles. :-(

I understand our Welsh midfield genius played centrally last night, in the Ozil role. No doubt he was brilliant and with him pulling the strings we created chance after chance after chance.

Yes?

Sir C
12-01-2016, 09:19 AM
but nope, just can't do it, Charles. :-(

I understand our Welsh midfield genius played centrally last night, in the Ozil role. No doubt he was brilliant and with him pulling the strings we created chance after chance after chance.

Yes?

I'm back at my desk after almost a week off sick. I feel as rough as old mince. I'm shivering, I have a ******* behind the eyes, my throat has been sandpapered and I can hear the phlegm bubbling in my chest when I inhale.

In short, league cup, meh, your obsession with Aaron, meh, life, meh.

Burney
12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm back at my desk after almost a week off sick. I feel as rough as old mince. I'm shivering, I have a ******* behind the eyes, my throat has been sandpapered and I can hear the phlegm bubbling in my chest when I inhale.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm definitely turned on.

Sir C
12-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm definitely turned on.

Have you read Simon Jenkins this morning? You'll shít yourself in amazement.

World's End Stella
12-01-2016, 09:38 AM

So pretty much everything, meh.

A sound approach, I must say. I might try that instead of Danny Rose's face.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
12-01-2016, 09:45 AM

It's a fůcking horrible bug, to be sure. I've barely been outside the house for a week and am continuously gobbing up voluminous globules of luminescent gunk. I'm on roids and anti-biotics and am as miserable as sin. Thank god for the Arsenal, eh? Oh...

Burney
12-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Have you read Simon Jenkins this morning? You'll shít yourself in amazement.

I did. Remarkable stuff. Even Owen Jones talked something approaching sense this morning seems to be getting it with regard to immigration. The world is truly changing.

Sir C
12-01-2016, 09:49 AM
It's a fůcking horrible bug, to be sure. I've barely been outside the house for a week and am continuously gobbing up voluminous globules of luminescent gunk. I'm on roids and anti-biotics and am as miserable as sin. Thank god for the Arsenal, eh? Oh...

Anabolic steroids? Hemorrhoids?

12-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Anabolic steroids? Hemorrhoids?

Whatever it is I got off da internetz when I googled 'how to kill man-flu' without paying excessive prescription charges. They taste funny.

Sir C
12-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Whatever it is I got off da internetz when I googled 'how to kill man-flu' without paying excessive prescription charges. They taste funny.

Back in the day I would have self-medicated with some proper drugs. A couple of decent lines is enough to put anyone back on their feet for 3 or 4 hours in an emergency.

Sadly, I suspect that these days such a strategy woiuld kill me.

12-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Back in the day I would have self-medicated with some proper drugs. A couple of decent lines is enough to put anyone back on their feet for 3 or 4 hours in an emergency.

Yup. I can't even bear the thought of alcohol atm, sad times :shakehead:

Burney
12-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Have you been smoking during this bout of unpleasantness? Have you? Hmmmm?

Sir C
12-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Have you been smoking during this bout of unpleasantness? Have you? Hmmmm?

Well, given that I am a heterosexual male, of course I've been smoking. I have a cold, I've not developed gender/sexuality fluidity.

Yesterday I was awfully miserable and picked up a Douglas Reeman novel. I haven't rewad such a thing since childhood. It was simply brilliant.

Sir C
12-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Yup. I can't even bear the thought of alcohol atm, sad times :shakehead:

I have used scotch and claret to enable me to cook dinner on a couple of ocassions, but suffered for it afterwards.

Burney
12-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Well, given that I am a heterosexual male, of course I've been smoking. I have a cold, I've not developed gender/sexuality fluidity.

Yesterday I was awfully miserable and picked up a Douglas Reeman novel. I haven't rewad such a thing since childhood. It was simply brilliant.

I don't think I've ever read anything by him. He looks it Alexander McQueeny

Sir C
12-01-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't think I've ever read anything by him. He looks it Alexander McQueeny

He wrote Napoleonic stuff under the pseudonym Alexander Kent. The WWll stuff is what I remembered from childhood, and it's quite lovely. A sort of Poundland Monsarrat. That's harsh, actually, but you get the idea.

Burney
12-01-2016, 10:57 AM
He wrote Napoleonic stuff under the pseudonym Alexander Kent. The WWll stuff is what I remembered from childhood, and it's quite lovely. A sort of Poundland Monsarrat. That's harsh, actually, but you get the idea.

I may give it a whirl.

Have you seen how cross the Guardianistas are about Jenkins' article? They're FEWMIN' :hehe:

I think Hadley Freeman may have an embolism.

Sir C
12-01-2016, 11:01 AM
I may give it a whirl.

Have you seen how cross the Guardianistas are about Jenkins' article? They're FEWMIN' :hehe:

I think Hadley Freeman may have an embolism.

I hope he doesn't bump into Laurie Penny any time soon. She'll have his balls.

Burney
12-01-2016, 11:05 AM
I hope he doesn't bump into Laurie Penny any time soon. She'll have his balls.

Oh, yeah. She's just doubling down on what is clearly a bad bet, bless her. It's amazing to see how cross they get when someone in The Guardian dares to question the sacred orthodoxy.