PDA

View Full Version : Wow the amount of emails today is crazy

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 11:28 AM
I am not doing the usual we shouldn't Black Friday here moan.

But bloody hell calm down everyone. they are milking it like hell.

Ash
11-25-2016, 11:40 AM

It's a vulgar American import, Pat, and we should snob it out the window.

Now, do you know anywhere in the West End doing good iPhone deals today?

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 11:43 AM

Apple have a sale but I don't know if it's worth while. I wish to purchase the iPhone 7 for my wife. If there is space for her.

My whole argument with the Black Friday *******s is. don't give us that bit if we don't get the rest of the Thanksgiving stuff.

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Black Friday Matters, a

Burney
11-25-2016, 11:54 AM

I rather like it. It seems ideally designed to make the lower orders fight over worthless gewgaws for the amusement of the rest of society. I think with some refinement - more choke points, weapons caches, better in-store coverage of the mayhem, etc - it could be a really tremendous viewing spectacle.

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 11:56 AM
I rather like it. It seems ideally designed to make the lower orders fight over worthless gewgaws for the amusement of the rest of society. I think with some refinement - more choke points, weapons caches, better in-store coverage of the mayhem, etc - it could be a really tremendous viewing spectacle.

I have come to the quick realisation that most of these special deals are a pile of ****.
though there is a playstation 4 bundle on amazon I have my eye on.

I remember watching people fight in Asda over that famous TV brand polaroid :rolleyes:

Burney
11-25-2016, 11:58 AM
I have come to the quick realisation that most of these special deals are a pile of ****.
though there is a playstation 4 bundle on amazon I have my eye on.

I remember watching people fight in Asda over that famous TV brand polaroid :rolleyes:

I think it should be like The Hunger Games, but more capitalistic in that you actually have to pay to take part. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 12:05 PM
I think it should be like The Hunger Games, but more capitalistic in that you actually have to pay to take part. :hehe:

We can send that furniture idiot there.

OHHH MY GOD GREAT DEAL ON A SOFA!!!! OH BUT THE CAPITALISM!!!
then she just crumples into a heap as her internal struggle gets the best of her and she is trampled to death by other shoppers.

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Black Friday Matters, a

Oh, very well then. If you insist :guinness:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-25-2016, 12:41 PM
I have had an email from Easyjet offering FANTASTIC flight bargains !
To Budapest and Bavaria
:-(

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 01:54 PM
I have had an email from Easyjet offering FANTASTIC flight bargains !
To Budapest and Bavaria
:-(

And what is wrong with either of those?

Viva Prat Vegas
11-25-2016, 02:15 PM
And what is wrong with either of those?

They lack sun, sea and sand

Ash
11-25-2016, 02:28 PM

I just don't get the appeal of sand. Better than pebbles, I grant but it's only sand - like dust but slightly bigger. Give me architecture any day.

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 02:34 PM

Check out Syria then - I believe it has all three, cheap flights as well

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 02:36 PM
I just don't get the appeal of sand. Better than pebbles, I grant but it's only sand - like dust but slightly bigger. Give me architecture any day.

Indeed - I am reading this at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Germany-Memories-Dr-Neil-MacGregor/dp/014197978X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480084536&sr=1-1&keywords=neil+macgregor

rather good, wish I had done so before I went to Berlin earlier in the year

Burney
11-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Indeed - I am reading this at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Germany-Memories-Dr-Neil-MacGregor/dp/014197978X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480084536&sr=1-1&keywords=neil+macgregor

rather good, wish I had done so before I went to Berlin earlier in the year

Yes, I got that for Christmas last year. Very interesting. Have you read this or its companion piece Danubia?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003E1BGRI/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes, I got that for Christmas last year. Very interesting. Have you read this or its companion piece Danubia?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003E1BGRI/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
I haven't. Looks interesting though - will get it (possibly after a break - there is only so much central European history one can consume in a short time)