PDA

View Full Version : Typical Awimb - big game this weekend and not a mention of it

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Big call to bring back Buttler (wasn't he dropped because he couldn't bat on subcontinental wickets, but is brought back as a batsman. Quite frankly if Ansari is out what the **** is the point of picking David Batty. Might as well get Finn in there and try to get them on the back foot at least.

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Big call to bring back Buttler (wasn't he dropped because he couldn't bat on subcontinental wickets, but is brought back as a batsman. Quite frankly if Ansari is out what the **** is the point of picking David Batty. Might as well get Finn in there and try to get them on the back foot at least.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/onthebuses/images/5/5f/Blakey56.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090525175014

Burney
11-25-2016, 10:57 AM

Amid the relative bright spots (Root, Ali, etc), there are some really major flaws looming in this England side going forward. We can't seem to find any other batsmen who aren't shíte and we haven't got any bowlers anywhere near good enough to fill Broad and Anderson's shoes. I predict a lean time ahead over the next few years.

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Amid the relative bright spots (Root, Ali, etc), there are some really major flaws looming in this England side going forward. We can't seem to find any other batsmen who aren't shíte and we haven't got any bowlers anywhere near good enough to fill Broad and Anderson's shoes. I predict a lean time ahead over the next few years.
Hmmm - very pessimistic b. Hameed is a great find so along with Cook, Root, Bairstow (top runscorer in Test cricket this year) and Stokes that's 5 of a decent top 6. And there is a stack of talent coming through in the pace bowling stakes. Only the spinning cupboard is bare imo

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 11:10 AM

No Wilshere either :-(

Burney
11-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Hmmm - very pessimistic b. Hameed is a great find so along with Cook, Root, Bairstow (top runscorer in Test cricket this year) and Stokes that's 5 of a decent top 6. And there is a stack of talent coming through in the pace bowling stakes. Only the spinning cupboard is bare imo

I'm unconvinced by Stokes in English conditions as a bat. He hits through the line and doesn't like deviation (unlike your mum).

Luis Anaconda
11-25-2016, 11:12 AM
No Wilshere either :-(

Launchbury out as well. I mean what has it come to when you can't accidentally kick a man lying in the wrong position without getting a two match ban?

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Launchbury out as well. I mean what has it come to when you can't accidentally kick a man lying in the wrong position without getting a two match ban?

Really?! Would never have happened on Bayfield's watch. Man's game and a' that.