PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Danny Dyer on Who Do You Think You Are? last night?

Burney
11-25-2016, 09:22 AM
For me, the real revelation was not that he is a direct descendant of both Thomas Cromwell and Edward III, but that he is actually like that in real life. It must be exhausting being that much of a cockney geezer 24/7. Photographs are invariably 'smudges', houses are 'gaffs' and any woman with whom he converses (including a historian) is 'babe'.

Honestly one of the funniest hours of TV I've seen all year.

Norn Iron
11-25-2016, 09:35 AM
For me, the real revelation was not that he is a direct descendant of both Thomas Cromwell and Edward III, but that he is actually like that in real life. It must be exhausting being that much of a cockney geezer 24/7. Photographs are invariably 'smudges', houses are 'gaffs' and any woman with whom he converses (including a historian) is 'babe'.

When he arrived at the posh blokes castle/mansion. 'That's a roight gaff you've got ere, is this even a hass?'

Burney
11-25-2016, 09:44 AM
When he arrived at the posh blokes castle/mansion. 'That's a roight gaff you've got ere, is this even a hass?'

Everything kept doing his nut in. :hehe:

He'd clearly set his Cockney dial to max. I didn't think he'd be able to keep it up for the entire episode, but I badly underestimated his Cockney powers. He and Ray Winstone are now neck-and-neck (Gregory-and-Gregory?) for the title of 'World's Most Cockney Geezer'.

Ash
11-25-2016, 10:26 AM
I can't see the words 'Danny Dyer' without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfcnAvx7fc8

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 10:35 AM

He's terrific. I love him, although I've only seem him in that hooligan film.

Burney
11-25-2016, 10:42 AM

Oh, I recommend you beg, borrow or steal a copy of last night's programme in that case. It's classic stuff.

Burney
11-25-2016, 10:43 AM
I can't see the words 'Danny Dyer' without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfcnAvx7fc8

The thing is that the real thing is funnier than any parody could hope to be.

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Oh, I recommend you beg, borrow or steal a copy of last night's programme in that case. It's classic stuff.

Will certainly do!

redgunamo
11-25-2016, 10:45 AM
The thing is that the real thing is funnier than any parody could hope to be.

"Gregory and Gregory" :hehe:

Pat Vegas
11-25-2016, 10:50 AM

I hate and love that movie.

'I can't wait to see your fanny'

I like the racist cab driver too he's quite ridiculous.