PDA

View Full Version : Nobody mentions Masterchef is it not cool anymore?

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 12:05 PM
I watched it the other night. I find that woman extremely annoying. Why does she have to pull stupid faces constantly.

There were making taramasalata and Carbonara. and annoying south African woman who put all sorts of weird ingredients together.

bloke with a weird stiff face went through.

Burney
11-24-2016, 12:15 PM
I watched it the other night. I find that woman extremely annoying. Why does she have to pull stupid faces constantly.

There were making taramasalata and Carbonara. and annoying south African woman who put all sorts of weird ingredients together.

bloke with a weird stiff face went through.

Oh, no. Sir C and I exchange texts about it regularly. The South African woman was truly appalling. I particularly liked the way she tried to dismiss the palates of the judges as not being sophisticated enough to understand her flavours. :hehe:

Actually, last night annoyed me because all but perhaps one of the contestants was better than everyone in the previous episode, but they still had to kick two out.

Sir C
11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Oh, no. Sir C and I exchange texts about it regularly. The South African woman was truly appalling. I particularly liked the way she tried to dismiss the palates of the judges as not being sophisticated enough to understand her flavours. :hehe:

Actually, last night annoyed me because all but perhaps one of the contestants was better than everyone in the previous episode, but they still had to kick two out.

The technical challenge is an eye-opener; that so many professional chefs lack so much basic knowledge is quite shocking, I think. The chap from Jersey who claimed to spend his life cooking shellfish had never opned a scallop, for Christ's sake.

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 12:30 PM
The technical challenge is an eye-opener; that so many professional chefs lack so much basic knowledge is quite shocking, I think. The chap from Jersey who claimed to spend his life cooking shellfish had never opned a scallop, for Christ's sake.

The wons who come from hotels don't seem to do well.
Not surprising really most of them were still putting parsley on the plates until recently.

Burney
11-24-2016, 12:33 PM

I really did think at one point he was going to stab himself in the groin. :hehe:

Mind you, Monica's technical challenge last night was lamb tartare and I'd have applauded anyone who'd simply refused to do it on the grounds that it was clearly wrong and disgusting.