PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting for Christmas.

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately my mum is busy.

Monty92
11-24-2016, 11:04 AM

Don't worry, I'll be done with her by mid-afternoon

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:05 AM

forget all that. People ask me what I want and I have no answer.
This is a strange feeling.

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:08 AM

I need a new iPad. Whether I get one remains to be seen. I find that the older one gets, the happier people seem to ignore your gift requests and just get you what they think you should get. :shrug:

redgunamo
11-24-2016, 11:09 AM

In time for The Queen.

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:11 AM
forget all that. People ask me what I want and I have no answer.
This is a strange feeling.

A selection of plectra?

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:12 AM
I need a new iPad. Whether I get one remains to be seen. I find that the older one gets, the happier people seem to ignore your gift requests and just get you what they think you should get. :shrug:

my iPad went on the blink.the sound went off then it wouldn't start up stuck on the apple logo. Finally managed to update it and restore from iCloud back up but I don't trust the thing anymore.

Monty92
11-24-2016, 11:13 AM

I think asking for specific gifts is kinda rude and presumptuous. Surely integral to the pleasures of gift-giving is applying some level of thought and imagination to the process of finding something you think someone will like? Otherwise you may as well just give them the ****ing money and tell them to get what they want?

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:14 AM
my iPad went on the blink.the sound went off then it wouldn't start up stuck on the apple logo. Finally managed to update it and restore from iCloud back up but I don't trust the thing anymore.

I dropped mine in Hamburg airport and now it still functions, but the colours are all weird and day-glo. It's pretty ancient, so it's had a good run, to be fair.

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:17 AM
I dropped mine in Hamburg airport and now it still functions, but the colours are all weird and day-glo. It's pretty ancient, so it's had a good run, to be fair.

:hehe: I saw on youtube you can fix that by hitting it. like burping a baby. I wouldn't recommend it.

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:18 AM
I think asking for specific gifts is kinda rude and presumptuous. Surely the purpose of gift-giving is to apply some level of thought and imagination to the process of finding something you think someone will like? Otherwise you may as well just give them the ****ing money and tell them to get what they want?

Not in the case where someone actually asks you what you want it isn't. And I've only mentioned the iPad thing to my wife. I wouldn't ask for something like that from anyone else. People who can give you a clear idea what they want for Christmas are a godsend imo. Nothing worse than desperately schlepping around Central London in late December having to use your imagination.

Sir C

A selection of Fjallraven expedition equipment :cloud9:

Burney
:hehe: I saw on youtube you can fix that by hitting it. like burping a baby. I wouldn't recommend it.

Yeah. I might back it up first and then try that.

Burney
A selection of Fjallraven expedition equipment :cloud9:

Fjallraven? Sounds a bit Nazi to me.

Monty92
11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Not in the case where someone actually asks you what you want it isn't. And I've only mentioned the iPad thing to my wife. I wouldn't ask for something like that from anyone else. People who can give you a clear idea what they want for Christmas are a godsend imo. Nothing worse than desperately schlepping around Central London in late December having to use your imagination.

I always try to get the missus something I *think* she'd like. I must confess, she prefers your way :-(

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
I think asking for specific gifts is kinda rude and presumptuous. Surely integral to the pleasures of gift-giving is applying some level of thought and imagination to the process of finding something you think someone will like? Otherwise you may as well just give them the ****ing money and tell them to get what they want?

Thing is even though I'm 'grown up' I like something to mess around with at Christmas.
Last year one gift I got was a external hard drive. a very useful present that I use everyday.

But sitting their dragging files around isn't fun.

My wife has decided I need a new bag. I said I really do not wish for a new bag.
I bet I end up with a new bag.

Sir C
11-24-2016, 11:21 AM

Danish. Swedish, maybe. So, yes, Nazi.

Good stuff though. And no fluorescent clolours.

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:23 AM
I must confess, she prefers your way :-(

As in so many things.

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:23 AM
A selection of plectra?

I've got hundreds of them.

Since I am joining the gym perhaps she can get me Hulk Hogan starter kit.
Roids, Weightlifting belt, bandana, fake tan,

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:24 AM

Quoth the Fjallraven.

Burney
11-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Quote the Fjallraven.

That tickled me so much I corrected it for you, f. ;-)

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 11:33 AM
That tickled me so much I corrected it for you, f. ;-)

Thank you. Though I saw it I couldn't be bothered to change it :-)