PDA

View Full Version : I've been asked to concoct a TV pilot of Mel Gibson's insane movie,

eastgermanautos
11-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Apocalypto. I'm like, dude, I don't speak Aztec. But they don't care, they got the Aztec translators on stand-by. The reason being, after the success of Narcos, every Mexican wants to generate some profitable content.

:cooper:

Burney
11-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Apocalypto. I'm like, dude, I don't speak Aztec. But they don't care, they got the Aztec translators on stand-by. The reason being, after the success of Narcos, every Mexican wants to generate some profitable content.

:cooper:

I rather liked Apocalypto. It had a lot of violence and boobies. As long as you stick to that format, you should be fine.

eastgermanautos
11-24-2016, 10:22 AM
I rather liked Apocalypto. It had a lot of violence and boobies. As long as you stick to that format, you should be fine.

You know, it had one absolutely great scene. Where, early on, when they are traveling somewhere, and this guy's stomach opens up and these massive teeth appear. A terrifying vision of future catastrophe. A couple scenes on they come over the rise and there are the first Spanish ships.

Burney
11-24-2016, 10:25 AM
You know, it had one absolutely great scene. Where, early on, when they are traveling somewhere, and this guy's stomach opens up and these massive teeth appear. A terrifying vision of future catastrophe. A couple scenes on they come over the rise and there are the first Spanish ships.

Yes, I liked that as an ending. Mind you, having got through two hours of violence, human sacrifice, enslavement, dismemberment, etc, one did rather wonder whether anything the Spanish could do to them would be worse than what they all seemed rather keen on doing to one another.