PDA

View Full Version : Exciting to see Aaron playing his way back into form.

Sir C
11-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Another couple of games and he'll be back to his best. Then watch us go.

Something struck me last night; have the years of abuse and mockery affected Arsene's tactics? We often appear to be set up conservatively nowadays, as if he's afraid to lose. :-(

World's End Stella
11-24-2016, 09:20 AM

Something struck me last night; have the years of abuse and mockery affected Arsene's tactics? We often appear to be set up conservatively nowadays, as if he's afraid to lose. :-(

This is 'offence is the best form of defence' isn't it, Charles? :-)

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
11-24-2016, 09:25 AM

Isn't it? Once he's "back to his best" he'll be injuredy again though, obvs.

redgunamo
11-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Wenger has always been tactically conservative. After all, possession is all about ensuring the opposition don't have the ball so they can't score.

Burney
11-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Wenger has always been tactically conservative. After all, possession is all about ensuring the opposition don't have the ball so they can't score.

He's always made defensive substitutions and invited pressure when we have even the slimmest lead. This has often infuriated me, but he's the manager of the Arsenal and I'm just a know-nothing cünt :shrug:

Sir C
11-24-2016, 09:34 AM
He's always made defensive substitutions and invited pressure when we have even the slimmest lead. This has often infuriated me, but he's the manager of the Arsenal and I'm just a know-nothing cünt :shrug:

Granted, but he always started the game with a clear intention to outscore the opposition.

Last night we looked like we were playing for a 0-0.

World's End Stella
11-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Not too sure I understand what Xhaka has done to Wenger. I always assumed that if Cazorla was injured Xhaka would be the first one to replace him and so far this season I think he's looked very good. Selecting Elneny ahead of him was even more bizarre than selecting Ramsey ahead of him.

Poor Granit.

redgunamo
11-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Granted, but he always started the game with a clear intention to outscore the opposition.

No. Who on earth would play for a scoreless draw with *that* forward division.

Burney
11-24-2016, 09:45 AM

He's done this a few times over the years. Remember the 2005 Cup Final? We showed zero ambition in that one. Mind you, our defensive performance was so woeful we could easily have lost it 5-0.

Sir C
11-24-2016, 09:50 AM
No. Who on earth would play for a scoreless draw with *that* forward division.

Has Giroud bulked up, would you say? I only ask because something is affecting his mobility. I'm not suggesting that he used to be like a whippet, but last night he appeared to be dragging a ball and chain around with him.

Bergkamp Was Best
11-24-2016, 09:56 AM

First and foremost, Ramsey had a so so game. He made some good tackles but gave the ball away far too cheaply at times, especially in his own half.

Secondly, what the f*ck has Xhaka done to upset the boss? Isn't this why we paid big bucks for him, to play in that exact same position that Ramsey played last night?

Wenger, play the best suited and fittest players you have available to you and stop pandering to your 'favourites'!

:mad:

World's End Stella
11-24-2016, 10:14 AM
First and foremost, Ramsey had a so so game. He made some good tackles but gave the ball away far too cheaply at times, especially in his own half.

Secondly, what the f*ck has Xhaka done to upset the boss? Isn't this why we paid big bucks for him, to play in that exact same position that Ramsey played last night?

Wenger, play the best suited and fittest players you have available to you and stop pandering to your 'favourites'!

:mad:

This. Just this. Well done BWB, be prepared for the onslaught, though.

Pat Vegas
11-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Cygan coming on against United drove me crazy.

redgunamo
11-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Has Giroud bulked up, would you say? I only ask because something is affecting his mobility. I'm not suggesting that he used to be like a whippet, but last night he appeared to be dragging a ball and chain around with him.

I think he looks terrific.

Ash
11-24-2016, 01:54 PM

There was a moment in the first half where he galloped back to the right wing towards the half-way line to help out, and we did indeed get the ball but as we worked it through midfield he couldn't get himself anywhere back near the box, the poor dear.

Sir C
11-24-2016, 01:57 PM
There was a moment in the first half where he galloped back to the right wing towards the half-way line to help out, and we did indeed get the ball but as we worked it through midfield he couldn't get himself anywhere back near the box, the poor dear.

Ol' googly-eyes kept on at him to move a bit :hehe:

Bástard nagging German.