PDA

View Full Version : NoticeperiodWimb I’m about to serve 5 weeks notice and was told in writing I’d be

Monty92
11-23-2016, 02:21 PM
paid for any untaken holiday.

At the company in question, employees’ holiday allowance includes a block of five days over Christmas. But I’ve been told that this won’t count as untaken holiday as it will overlap with my notice period.

Surely this is nonsensical?

Pokster
11-23-2016, 02:26 PM

At the company in question, employees’ holiday allowance includes a block of five days over Christmas. But I’ve been told that this won’t count as untaken holiday as it will overlap with my notice period.

So if it is in your notice period how can it be untaken holiday as you won't be working will you?

TheCurly
11-23-2016, 02:29 PM

Holiday allowance is worked out over a calender year.If you don't complete the calender year then you will have less holiday entitlement

Monty92
11-23-2016, 02:33 PM
So if it is in your notice period how can it be untaken holiday as you won't be working will you?

Oh yeah........

Pokster
11-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah........

tosser.....

Monty92
11-23-2016, 02:41 PM
tosser.....

Thick big nosed ****, fair enough, but tosser? :-(

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
11-23-2016, 02:57 PM
I thought you were a famous football author, with your own staff, raking in six figures and here you are bitching about your employer like a jewish Pat Vegas

Ash
11-23-2016, 02:58 PM
I thought you were a famous football author, with your own staff, raking in six figures and here you are bitching about your employer like a jewish Pat Vegas

Welcome back, Herbs.

Monty92
11-23-2016, 03:00 PM

I am "raking in" six figures but sadly that doesn't stretch very far when you've become accustomed to living the Hampstead lifestyle and have two sprogs in childcare.

Burney
11-23-2016, 03:01 PM
I am "raking in" six figures but that doesn't get you very far when you're living the Hampstead lifestyle.

Surely living the Hampstead lifestyle is a lot cheaper when you actually live in East Finchley, though? :rubchin:

TheCurly
11-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Surely living the Hampstead lifestyle is a lot cheaper when you actually live in East Finchley, though? :rubchin:

He might want to try working for a company for 23 years and getting laid off with ZERO redundancy.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
11-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Gimme a hug