PDA

View Full Version : Those of you old enough to remember the 80s and early 90s may remember when Crewe

Burney
11-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Alexandra were constantly praised for being great developers of young talent.

Well it seems there may have been a bit more to it than that. :rubchin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/22/steve-walters-becomes-second-footballer-reveal-sexually-abused/

'Playing in the hole', 'pulled off at half-time', etc.

redgunamo
11-23-2016, 11:03 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/22/steve-walters-becomes-second-footballer-reveal-sexually-abused/

Football club named after a bit of royal skirt? What did anybody expect.

I had a mate from down there, always on about what a great manager "Don" Dario Gradi was. Which I always thought odd as I'd never even heard of the bloke or indeed his town and team.

Burney
11-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Football club named after a bit of royal skirt? What did anybody expect.

I had a mate from down there, always on about what a great manager "Don" Dario Gradi was. Which I always thought odd as I'd never even heard of the bloke or indeed his town and team.

Yeah, he was a bit of a legend because of all the youngsters he brought through. He was there for donkey's years. I remember before that he had a spell as Palace manager.

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah, he was a bit of a legend because of all the youngsters he brought through. He was there for donkey's years. I remember before that he had a spell as Palace manager.

Still there in some capacity, I think. Read the original account in the Guardian - quite shocking stuff. I feel bad for all the nasty things I said about Paul Stewart now - even though he was rubbish

Sir C
11-23-2016, 11:27 AM

I see the latest victim is the less than fetching Paul Stewart, which leads me to suppose that predatory peedos are not particularly discerning.

Burney
11-23-2016, 11:32 AM
I see the latest victim is the less than fetching Paul Stewart, which leads me to suppose that predatory peedos are not particularly discerning.

The young David Platt was at Crewe - although I'm sure even the most rapacious nonce would draw the line there. :-(

Burney
11-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Still there in some capacity, I think. Read the original account in the Guardian - quite shocking stuff. I feel bad for all the nasty things I said about Paul Stewart now - even though he was rubbish

I don't. Being bummed ragged is still no excuse for playing for Tottenham Hotspur.

Sir C
11-23-2016, 11:34 AM

Feel sorry for Paul Stewart? Fúck Paul Stewart.

Burney
11-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Feel sorry for Paul Stewart? Fúck Paul Stewart.

I concur with the sentiment, although feel that perhaps it might have been expressed more sensitively given the circumstances.

Sir C
11-23-2016, 11:39 AM
The young David Platt was at Crewe - although I'm sure even the most rapacious nonce would draw the line there. :-(

I see his last job was manager of Pune City, but he only lasted a season :-(

Poor Platty. Out of work, aged 50, no prospects. Let's hope Mr Hammond's Austumn Statement contains some comfort for this particular Jam.

redgunamo
11-23-2016, 11:40 AM

Perhaps he really didn't like it up him.

NTTAWWI, of course. Unless there *is*, I suppose.

Burney
11-23-2016, 11:45 AM
I see his last job was manager of Pune City, but he only lasted a season :-(

Poor Platty. Out of work, aged 50, no prospects. Let's hope Mr Hammond's Austumn Statement contains some comfort for this particular Jam.

He can afford a hair transplant, apparently. Although in his case that really is like trying to improve a turd by putting a hat on it. :-(

redgunamo
11-23-2016, 11:52 AM
He can afford a hair transplant, apparently. Although in his case that really is like trying to improve a turd by putting a hat on it. :-(

Sad.

Oh, well. We'll always have Belgium.

Burney
11-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Sad.

Oh, well. We'll always have Belgium.

Böllocks to Belgium! The winning header against Man U in 97 was far more significant imo.

barrybueno
11-23-2016, 12:33 PM
hehe, and cue 'Neg...

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Böllocks to Belgium! The winning header against Man U in 97 was far more significant imo.

Amen to that - one of the expensively transferred players of all time. I'm sure he looked after his money

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2016, 12:53 PM

On the plus side, Robbie Savage was there, too. If anyone ****er deserved it ...