PDA

View Full Version : Really big apples can fück off imo

Burney
11-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Just had one that I virtually had to dislocate my jaw to eat and was so big that I could only eat three quarters of it.

False apple economy imo. :-(

Monty92
11-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Just had one that I virtually had to dislocate my jaw to eat and was so big that I could only eat three quarters of it.

False apple economy imo. :-(

What kind of apple was it?

Pokster
11-17-2016, 01:10 PM

A really big one

barrybueno
11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
No need to ask the question 'how d'ya like those apples' on this occasion I suppose

Burney
11-17-2016, 02:18 PM

A Pink Lady

Monty92
11-17-2016, 02:26 PM
A Pink Lady

Oh good man - a fine apple.

I cut my apples into slices. You should consider the same.

Sir C
11-17-2016, 02:29 PM

I've always associated people who eat apples with a knife with psychopaths.

Do you murder boys and eat their genitals? Ever?

Burney
11-17-2016, 02:32 PM
I've always associated people who eat apples with a knife with psychopaths.

Do you murder boys and eat their genitals? Ever?

:nod: If you ever see someone in a film doing this, they are a baddie. FACT.

Burney
11-17-2016, 02:35 PM

I prefer something with a bit more character like a Russet Egremont or a Cox, but Pink Ladies seem to be the go-to crowd pleasing apple these days and I don't do the online shopping, so I don't get a say.

Pokster
11-17-2016, 02:43 PM
:nod: If you ever see someone in a film doing this, they are a baddie. FACT.

why not use one of those apple slicing devices, press down on the top and you get equal slices with no core...

Burney
11-17-2016, 02:47 PM
why not use one of those apple slicing devices, press down on the top and you get equal slices with no core...

Are they not just for people who are crippled?

Pokster
11-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Are they not just for people who are crippled?

For people who have 3 kids and eat a lot of apples imho

Sir C
11-17-2016, 02:51 PM
For people who have 3 kids and eat a lot of apples imho

But isn't it easier just to, you know, eat the apple?

Pokster
11-17-2016, 03:00 PM
But isn't it easier just to, you know, eat the apple?

Little kids eat more of the apple if it is sliced... doesn't seem too big for them then

Sir C
11-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Little kids eat more of the apple if it is sliced... doesn't seem too big for them then

When I was a kid an apple was an unbeievable treat. We'd scoff the whole thing, core, pips, stalk and all, because we were hungry.

You're bringing up a generation of snowflakes. No wonder we're fúcked.

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:04 PM

Actually, that is true. I'll allow apple dismemberment for the kiddies.

Pokster
11-17-2016, 03:05 PM
When I was a kid an apple was an unbeievable treat. We'd scoff the whole thing, core, pips, stalk and all, because we were hungry.

But look at the state of you

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Have you ever seen a toddler try to eat a full-sized apple? They'll gum at it for ages and barely make a dent, eventually abandoning the effort. Small children are useless, y'see?

Pokster
11-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Have you ever seen a toddler try to eat a full-sized apple? They'll gum at it for ages and barely make a dent, eventually abandoning the effort. Small children are useless, y'see?

At my age I gum it for ages and barely make a dent... a bit like with your mum

Monty92
11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
I prefer something with a bit more character like a Russet Egremont or a Cox, but Pink Ladies seem to be the go-to crowd pleasing apple these days and I don't do the online shopping, so I don't get a say.

They are cooking apples you *****ng lunatic. Just as cooking a pink lady would be demented, so would be eating a russet or a cox as a mid-afternoon snack.

I am disappoint.

Monty92
11-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Actually, that is true. I'll allow apple dismemberment for the kiddies.

You should see me peel a satsuma. You'd have me sectioned :hehe:

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:23 PM
They are cooking apples you *****ng lunatic. Just as cooking a pink lady would be demented, so would be eating a russet or a cox as a mid-afternoon snack.

I am disappoint.

No, they are very much eating apples. A Bramley is a cooking apple. You, sir, are just of the infantilised generation that thinks that sweet is the be-all and end-all when it comes to fruit

Personally, I very much like to polish off a Cox at lunchtime. A trait I allegedly share with Thomas Mair.

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:26 PM
You should see me peel a satsuma. You'd have me sectioned :hehe:

My wife won't eat one until she's taken all the pith off. I can eat a bag of the things in the time it takes her to eat one.

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Little kids eat more of the apple if it is sliced
So do Germans - can't get into the kitchen here for people cutting up fruit that should be eaten whole

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 03:40 PM
No, they are very much eating apples. A Bramley is a cooking apple. You, sir, are just of the infantilised generation that thinks that sweet is the be-all and end-all when it comes to fruit

Personally, I very much like to polish off a Cox at lunchtime. A trait I allegedly share with Thomas Mair.

******* - that made me laugh

Pat Vegas
11-17-2016, 03:40 PM
My wife won't eat one until she's taken all the pith off. I can eat a bag of the things in the time it takes her to eat one.

You should pith on her chips.

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:41 PM
******* - that made me laugh

Shhh. I think I got away with it. :hide:

Sir C
11-17-2016, 03:45 PM

Oh I say! :clap:

You've just done an impression of rickyg, circa 2005.

Burney
11-17-2016, 03:46 PM
Oh I say! :clap:

You've just done an impression of rickyg, circa 2005.

Yes. I was thinking of it as an homage to the dear chap.

Cùnt just ignored it, though. :shrug:

Sir C
11-17-2016, 03:47 PM
So do Germans - can't get into the kitchen here for people cutting up fruit that should be eaten whole

Are you living in a commune, la? Are you going all Baader-Meinhof on our arses?

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 03:59 PM

It's the only way to survive now, Sir C. The end of days are open us - we are all in this together*

*of course I meant the office kitchen

Burney
11-17-2016, 04:00 PM

He does have a beard, so... :judge:

eastgermanautos
11-18-2016, 07:00 AM
No need to ask the question 'how d'ya like those apples' on this occasion I suppose

It's not how do you like those apples. It's howdya like them apples. Okay?