PDA

View Full Version : Fücking state of this, London!

Burney
11-17-2016, 09:51 AM
I move out and you vote for a midget who employs this monster out of the public purse as something called a 'Night Tsar'.

Take a long, hard look at yourself, London. :shakehead:

Sir C
11-17-2016, 09:55 AM
I move out and you vote for a midget who employs this monster out of the public purse as something called a 'Night Tsar'.

Take a long, hard look at yourself, London. :shakehead:

An obese lesbian 'Labour activist' and right-on comedian. American, to boot.

What has happened to the greatest city in our Empire, b? :-(

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:01 AM

I moved out, that's what. Would never have happened in my day. In my day you had Boris. I blame bien pensant North London leftists like Monty et al.

Look at that, though! You're fücking paying for that! Jesus wept!

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 10:03 AM

Genius move - if you know that is on the streets of London late at night you'd think twice about going out and committing crimes. I assume that is her role?

Besides, crude as it is, I rather like this line:
“I could say that George Osborne is a c***, but he has neither the warmth or the depth."

Sir C
11-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Genius move - if you know that is on the streets of London late at night you'd think twice about going out and committing crimes. I assume that is her role?

“I could say that George Osborne is a c***, but he has neither the warmth or the depth."

Is that not stolen directly from Clemenceau? Certainly I've been using it for years.

Fat ****. Her, not you.

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 10:06 AM
Is that not stolen directly from Clemenceau? Certainly I've been using it for years.

Fat ****. Her, not you.

:hehe: So it is - to Lloyd George no less. I've lived too sheltered a life to have heard it before obviously

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:08 AM

Now I'm not generally convinced by lesbianism, la, but in this case I'm grateful for anything that keeps the likes of that off the carousel of heterosexual transactions.

Sir C
11-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Now I'm not generally convinced by lesbianism, la, but in this case I'm grateful for anything that keeps the likes of that off the carousel of heterosexual transactions.

I've had worse, mind :-(

Pokster
11-17-2016, 10:16 AM

Is it possible to have worse?

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:17 AM

Well exactly. At least if they're lezzers it means that sort of unfortunate mistake is less likely to occur.

Anyway, here's an image to haunt your nightmares. Enjoy.

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Is it possible to have worse?

:nod: Your mum for starters

Sir C
11-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Well exactly. At least if they're lezzers it means that sort of unfortunate mistake is less likely to occur.

Anyway, here's an image to haunt your nightmares. Enjoy.

Hmm. I might put her in. She can go between Penny and Toynbee. For the lols.

Pokster
11-17-2016, 10:21 AM
:nod: Your mum for starters

I take offence that you would find me mum worse than that.... even allowing for the decomposing that has occured

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:25 AM
I take offence that you would find me mum worse than that.... even allowing for the decomposing that has occured

Duly noted. To be fair, your mum would have the advantage of at least being quiet, whereas this one's voice would set Helen Keller's teeth on edge.

Sir C
11-17-2016, 10:25 AM
:hehe: So it is - to Lloyd George no less. I've lived too sheltered a life to have heard it before obviously

Ni la profodité, ni le charme, is the bit I always remember.

wd clemenceau.

Mind you, at that time Lloyd George had pretty well threatened him that we'd turn our recently silenced guns away from the Germans and towards the frogs, asking him to remember that we and the French were the more traditional enemies.

Whither l'entente cordiale?

Pokster
11-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Duly noted. To be fair, your mum would have the advantage of at least being quiet, whereas this one's voice would set Helen Keller's teeth on edge.

She would only be quiet due to the fact she wouldn't fake it with you

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:28 AM
Ni la profodité, ni le charme, is the bit I always remember.

wd clemenceau.

Mind you, at that time Lloyd George had pretty well threatened him that we'd turn our recently silenced guns away from the Germans and towards the frogs, asking him to remember that we and the French were the more traditional enemies.

Whither l'entente cordiale?

Well that was because Clemenceau was pushing for more and more savage punishment of and reparations from the Germans, which proved to be immensely counter-productive. So the ghastly little welsher was probably right for once.

Sir C
11-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Well that was because Clemenceau was pushing for more and more savage punishment of and reparations from the Germans, which proved to be immensely counter-productive. So the ghastly little welsher was probably right for once.

Yes, and one suspects that his argument consisted of continually repeating the word 'Verdun'.

They really need to get over Verdun.

Burney
11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Yes, and one suspects that his argument consisted of continually repeating the word 'Verdun'.

They really need to get over Verdun.

Yes. You'd have thought the facts that the krauts went through them for a shortcut in 1940 and the bloke in charge at Verdun ended up collaborating with them would have taken the gilt of that particular gingerbread, but apparently not.

Ash
11-17-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes. You'd have thought the facts that the krauts went through them for a shortcut in 1940 and the bloke in charge at Verdun ended up collaborating with them would have taken the gilt of that particular gingerbread, but apparently not.

Not wishing to excuse Petain for Vichy, but his decision was based on the wish not to repeat the horror of the slaughter of Verdun. And why should they get over Verdun anyway, tbf? We haven't exactly got over the Somme, and actually have a Thing about remembering it, and the rest of the nightmare, every year at this time. :shrug:

Sir C
11-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Not wishing to excuse Petain for Vichy, but his decision was based on the wish not to repeat the horror of the slaughter of Verdun. And why should they get over Verdun anyway, tbf? We haven't exactly got over the Somme, and actually have a Thing about remembering it, and the rest of the nightmare, every year at this time. :shrug:

But that's exactly the difference - for them, Verdun is an excuse not to fight, whilst for us, the Somme is a tragedy without being a justification for surrender. (Of course it did significantly adversely affect ourt tactics in the second lot, but that's a different argument.)

Ash
11-17-2016, 11:35 AM
In my day you had Boris.

Ah, the mayor whose lasting legacy will be
http://cdn.londonandpartners.com/asset/d4b7bfcc973a79017dd94a6373684954.jpg
and
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/10/19/36E1024000000578-3733610-West_Ham_are_preparing_for_their_first_Premier_Lea gue_campaign_a-a-21_1470852185785.jpg

Burney
11-17-2016, 11:35 AM

I think the difference is that they deliberately exploited Verdun more after 1940 as both a way to take attention away from their shoddy behaviour in WWII and later as a way to justify the European project.

And that excuse for Petain doesn't wash, I'm afraid. The fighting was pretty much done by the time Vichy came into being and France was no longer in a position to offer anything but token resistance. Petain's willingness to collaborate was in part making a virtue of necessity, but was also based on on his innate Anglophobia, profound anti-semitism and the fact that, when it came down to it, he was a fascist.

Burney
11-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Ah, the mayor whose lasting legacy will be
http://cdn.londonandpartners.com/asset/d4b7bfcc973a79017dd94a6373684954.jpg
and
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/10/19/36E1024000000578-3733610-West_Ham_are_preparing_for_their_first_Premier_Lea gue_campaign_a-a-21_1470852185785.jpg

I think that's a little unfair. He was also in charge during the most successful Olympics held in recent times. And he brought back the Routemaster.

Ash
11-17-2016, 11:52 AM
I think that's a little unfair. He was also in charge during the most successful Olympics held in recent times. And he brought back the Routemaster.

I'll give him the Routemaster :nod: - and of course he got rid of the abominable bendy buses, but that's the first nice word I've seen you write about the Olympics tbh. The shoddy deal to give WHam a new stadium at tax-payers expense when they could have sold the land to Tottenham to pay for their own build is a bit whiffy. Especially as if they'd ****ed off to Stratford it removes the whole 'Woolwich Wanderers' thing they're so hung up about at a stroke.

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 12:12 PM
I'll give him the Routemaster :nod: - and of course he got rid of the abominable bendy buses, but that's the first nice word I've seen you write about the Olympics tbh. The shoddy deal to give WHam a new stadium at tax-payers expense when they could have sold the land to Tottenham to pay for their own build is a bit whiffy. Especially as if they'd ****ed off to Stratford it removes the whole 'Woolwich Wanderers' thing they're so hung up about at a stroke.

Would Spurs have gone through with it though? Feeling was Levy was merely using it as a bargaining tactic to push through his plans for the Lane

Ash
11-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Would Spurs have gone through with it though? Feeling was Levy was merely using it as a bargaining tactic to push through his plans for the Lane

That may well be true. Wasn't there some sort of espionage/leak row between the clubs as well? Though if Spurs' proposal was the better deal for the taxpayer, surely it should have been given serious consideration. Still, far too generous a deal to West Ham. I reckon Boris and Coe were desperate to tick the 'Olympic Legacy' box.

Luis Anaconda
11-17-2016, 12:26 PM
That may well be true. Wasn't there some sort of espionage/leak row between the clubs as well? Though if Spurs' proposal was the better deal for the taxpayer, surely it should have been given serious consideration. Still, far too generous a deal to West Ham. I reckon Boris and Coe were desperate to tick the 'Olympic Legacy' box.
Absolutely agree on that - although West Ham might not be thinking it is such a good deal at the moment