PDA

View Full Version : The Scotchers are in town! :shudder:

Ash
11-11-2016, 09:58 AM
With their flags and replica shirts and stuff. They'll be dancing on the dismembered goalposts by the end of the night imo.

Sir C
11-11-2016, 10:02 AM
With their flags and replica shirts and stuff. They'll be dancing on the dismembered goalposts by the end of the night imo.

Loads of them out and about in the west end last night. In kilts. Its was fúcking freezing, as well.

Eejits.

Burney
11-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Loads of them out and about in the west end last night. In kilts. Its was fúcking freezing, as well.

Eejits.

How was your play? Rubbish, I assume?

Sir C
11-11-2016, 10:13 AM
How was your play? Rubbish, I assume?

Actually, it was a bit mince. The writing was turgid and the acting, in the main, awful.

Great dinner, though.

Burney
11-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Actually, it was a bit mince. The writing was turgid and the acting, in the main, awful.

Great dinner, though.

What was it again? And whither did you eat?

Sir C
11-11-2016, 10:38 AM
What was it again? And whither did you eat?

The Entertainer. It had Branagh channelling Olivier and that Daisy from Downton piping away in her thin, reedy squeak.

Standing next to Charles Dance having a fag at the interval was the highlight.

J Sheekey for dinner. A half lobster mayonnaise to start, then grilled octopus with chorizo and padron pepppers. Steamed sponge pudding and custard. Champagne, then a cheeky Pinot Noir.

Burney
11-11-2016, 10:43 AM
The Entertainer. It had Branagh channelling Olivier and that Daisy from Downton piping away in her thin, reedy squeak.

Standing next to Charles Dance having a fag at the interval was the highlight.

J Sheekey for dinner. A half lobster mayonnaise to start, then grilled octopus with chorizo and padron pepppers. Steamed sponge pudding and custard. Champagne, then a cheeky Pinot Noir.

Ah, yes. As I recall, a rather thin bit of writing that was almost entirely sustained by Olivier's mesmeric performance.

Mind you, if Ken doesn't want to constantly be called an Poundland Olivier, he should probably stop apeing him at every turn.

Lobster mayonnaise. Yumsk. There's a lot to be said for that.