PDA

View Full Version : Sir C - BMW 435d. Thoughts?

Rich
11-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Perhaps a boring choice but my fuel bills are eye watering at the moment so looking for something a little more frugal along, something that will happily cruise up and down the M3 but still allows me to have a little fun from time to time.

Pat Vegas
11-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Perhaps a boring choice but my fuel bills are eye watering at the moment so looking for something a little more frugal along, something that will happily cruise up and down the M3 but still allows me to have a little fun from time to time.

Threadjack. Get something a bit different for a change. Fiat Spider 124 is tremendous.

Rich
11-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Threadjack. Get something a bit different for a change. Fiat Spider 124 is tremendous.

I just looked it up and it appears as though it has a 1.4l engine. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

I don't see why you would need anymore than that.

Sir C
11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

A fine vehicle, no doubt, and a tireless motorway cruiser. I don't understand how 'fun' can be had from a diesel car though, however powerful. A big ol' slow revving banger simply doesn't make for fun in my experience.

If you're concerned about your fuel bills but want some fun you'd be much better off buying a Golf GTi, to be honest.

Sir C
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM

That's a 1.4 turbo developing better than 150 bhp.

I've driven the car on a track and can tell you that on any road with bends in it, it will whip the living píss out of a 435d.

Rich
11-10-2016, 11:41 AM
That's a 1.4 turbo developing better than 150 bhp.

I've driven the car on a track and can tell you that on any road with bends in it, it will whip the living píss out of a 435d.

The M3 doesn't have too many bends, though. I want something that will lug me from 50-70 in a flash. 470lb ft of tourque should do that.

Pat Vegas
11-10-2016, 11:47 AM
The M3 doesn't have too many bends, though. I want something that will lug me from 50-70 in a flash. 470lb ft of tourque should do that.

0-60 in the BMW is 4.7 seconds.
Get a Ford Mustang GT .1 seconds slower.

Everywon drives the same old German cars. be different Rich.

Rich
11-10-2016, 12:14 PM
0-60 in the BMW is 4.7 seconds.
Get a Ford Mustang GT .1 seconds slower.

Everywon drives the same old German cars. be different Rich.

I fear a Mustang would do little to allay my fuel concerns. And it would break down. And people would laugh at me for driving a Mustang.

The German cars are well made, look great, are quite reliable and go like stink. This is why people buy them.

Pat Vegas
11-10-2016, 12:19 PM
I fear a Mustang would do little to allay my fuel concerns. And it would break down. And people would laugh at me for driving a Mustang.

The German cars are well made, look great, are quite reliable and go like stink. This is why people buy them.

Just a bit boring though for me Rich. No doubt they are fine cars. but it's the usual BMW, Mercedes you see. All a bit clinical, surgical. then again that suits your job.

Rich
11-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Just a bit boring though for me Rich. No doubt they are fine cars. but it's the usual BMW, Mercedes you see. All a bit clinical, surgical. then again that suits your job.

One day I will get an 'exciting' car as my weekend driver. I would like this to be a 1966 AC Cobra but if, as I suspect, the budget does not extend do this, a Jag F-Type R.

IUFG
11-10-2016, 12:32 PM
it is a Mazda MX5 made to look even sexier imo

Sir C
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
it is a Mazda MX5 made to look even sexier imo

MX5 chassis with Fiat/ Alfa running gear and body.