PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in the Pentonville prison escape?

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 11:31 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37899401

I love on other websites when you read a story like this. You get comments like
'not a surprise considering all the budget cuts'

Sir C
11-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Prison escapes are always interesting but only after the movie has been made.

Burney
11-08-2016, 11:34 AM

The Sun headline was genius. :clap:

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 11:35 AM

Funny how pillows under the covers won't fool parents but fools professional prison staff.

Burney
11-08-2016, 11:36 AM

One of them was only accused of burglary, ffs! Hardly seems worth the arse-ache of escaping imo.

Sir C
11-08-2016, 11:39 AM
One of them was only accused of burglary, ffs! Hardly seems worth the arse-ache of escaping imo.

Of course one imagines them crawling through a shítpipe before picthing up on a Mexican beach and living happily ever after. In reality, they will wander the streets of north London before being cornered by the Feds, holed up in F's house.

We can only pray that they don't bugger him senseless before slitting his throat :-(

Burney
11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Of course one imagines them crawling through a shítpipe before picthing up on a Mexican beach and living happily ever after. In reality, they will wander the streets of north London before being cornered by the Feds, holed up in F's house.

We can only pray that they don't bugger him senseless before slitting his throat :-(

Poor old F's shítpipe. :-(

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2016, 11:45 AM
The Sun headline was genius. :clap:

Indeed. Although rather let down by the use of the word "lags" in the subhead - a term that was probably last used in the mid-70s.

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 11:47 AM

whilst playing my guitars :-(

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 11:48 AM

I'm all healed up now :cloud9:

Sir C
11-08-2016, 11:48 AM

It's going to be like the old song. "Then they took turns at Becky. And there was three o' them." Two. Whatever. All I know is that they're going to ride him like a rodeo horse, squeal though he may. :-(

Sir C
11-08-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm all healed up now :cloud9:

You wait and see what damage 10" of escaped burglar meat* does, f. :-(

*Dry, mind.

Burney
11-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Indeed. Although rather let down by the use of the word "lags" in the subhead - a term that was probably last used in the mid-70s.

Necessary to make a two-deck subhead, though, so forgivable.

Burney
11-08-2016, 11:51 AM
You wait and see what damage 10" of escaped burglar meat* does, f. :-(

*Dry, mind.

I think I'm going to have the phrase '10" of escaped burglar meat' going round my head all day now. :-(

Sir C
11-08-2016, 11:53 AM
I think I'm going to have the phrase '10" of escaped burglar meat' going round my head all day now. :-(

Like you don't usually :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Necessary to make a two-deck subhead, though, so forgivable.

Very true - but reminded me of a recent thread on a journalism forum about a couple of very clever Sun headlines using punk songs and whether they are understood by people* today or just show the paper up to be a relic of the past

* of a younger persuasion

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 11:56 AM

:hehe: How's about that then.

Burney
11-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Very true - but reminded me of a recent thread on a journalism forum about a couple of very clever Sun headlines using punk songs and whether they are understood by people* today or just show the paper up to be a relic of the past

* of a younger persuasion

I struggle with this modern idea that being young is an excuse for being ignorant of anything significant that happened before you were born, tbh. I was born in 1973, but am very well versed in the music of the late 1950s and '60s.

Harrumph :old:

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2016, 12:32 PM
I struggle with this modern idea that being young is an excuse for being ignorant of anything significant that happened before you were born, tbh. I was born in 1973, but am very well versed in the music of the late 1950s and '60s.

Harrumph :old:

Oh, I agree - I have that argument many times with younger colleagues "I wasn't born then" is a common excuse for not having heard of someone. Who was that Beethoven lad, eh?

Burney
11-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Oh, I agree - I have that argument many times with younger colleagues "I wasn't born then" is a common excuse for not having heard of someone. Who was that Beethoven lad, eh?

I have it with my daughter - although she's been bombarded with 'old' music pretty much since she was born so some stuff has got through by osmosis.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
I hate their records where Liam does his shouty ****

Ash
11-08-2016, 02:44 PM

Lots about the diamond cutter, but I haven't read how they got over the outer wall. I've often wondered, while walking by the perimeter, whether a cherry picker could just drive up and dangle a rope over. I used to play 'Escape from Colditz' when I was a kid. Perhaps they used the Staff Car.

Burney
11-08-2016, 02:50 PM
I hate their records where Liam does his shouty ****

Took me a while, but :hehe:

Actually, I hate Oasis.

Burney
11-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Lots about the diamond cutter, but I haven't read how they got over the outer wall. I've often wondered, while walking by the perimeter, whether a cherry picker could just drive up and dangle a rope over. I used to play 'Escape from Colditz' when I was a kid. Perhaps they used the Staff Car.

But, just as you were about to stage a massive breakout, your opponent would call Rappel and you'd be back to square fůcking one. :furious:

Pat Vegas
11-08-2016, 03:10 PM

All the stuff was hidden in a pair of big shoes.

Though I see the drone theory is out there.

Tony C
11-08-2016, 03:32 PM
G Wing is basically the wild west of prison wings.

Thankfully Pentonville is a holding prison so the goal is to ship people out to other prisons as soon as possible.

Different wings for different purposes...A is where they keep the rich boys, good two shoes and snitches. George Michaels was on A wing. They have the full works there even Playstations and Freeview.

F is the drugs wing where they're supposed to be helping you but actually don't.

I can't remember what the other wings were for....

G is where they keep the worse of the worse and it's a ripe breeding ground for the extremist Islamics.

Luckily someone else from Roger Gracies Jiu Jitsu was there and he basically ran G Wing at the time so I had an easy time.

---

The escape doesn't surprise me....place is falling apart and the roads and shops are literally right there less than 100m away...barely 50m in some cases. Would be interested to know how they got over the wall though...it's a seriously high climb unless someone through something over....