PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was a bit disappointing. but not the worst start to November

Pat Vegas
11-07-2016, 10:29 AM
I hope we have a solution for this newfangled* formation that's going around.

Thought we are a bit sloppy yesterday. giving the ball away a bit too easily. Elneny would have been good as he seems very a reliable tidy type. Though I thought Xhaka was a ok.

Other items. As much as BT sport like to suggest our goal shouldn't have been a goal. it was a goal.

Sir C
11-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Thought we are a bit sloppy yesterday. giving the ball away a bit too easily. Elneny would have been good as he seems very a reliable tidy type. Though I thought Xhaka was a ok.

Xhaka was excellent, I thought. We were a gnat's cóck away from doing them 4-1 :-(

Burney
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM

:shrug: Those games are rarely better than an evens bet imo. Anyone going into an NLD expecting us to win is being pretty optimistic. Disappointing not to win only because we got the lead and had the chances to increase it, but all in all a fair result.

Burney
11-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Xhaka was excellent, I thought. We were a gnat's cóck away from doing them 4-1 :-(

:hehe: You can't be a gnat's cöck away from winning 4-1 if you draw 1-1. You may be three gnats' cöcks away, but not one, surely?

Pat Vegas
11-07-2016, 10:35 AM

I am quite confident we would have won if we hadn't have given away that pen.

Sir C
11-07-2016, 10:37 AM
:hehe: You can't be a gnat's cöck away from winning 4-1 if you draw 1-1. You may be three gnats' cöcks away, but not one, surely?

Oh but you can, you can indeed. Our performance in crucial areas was the tiniest bit off; there were final balls that were 6" out, runs that were half a yard short. Tiny margins - the result of a long journey hyome in medweek, perhaps.

Burney
11-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Oh but you can, you can indeed. Our performance in crucial areas was the tiniest bit off; there were final balls that were 6" out, runs that were half a yard short. Tiny margins - the result of a long journey hyome in medweek, perhaps.

I think we may have to establish what the actual standard length of a gnat's cöck is before we can make this a meaningful measurement of failure.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-07-2016, 10:44 AM
I was not happy with the midfield gaps
I could have pitched a tent there and they could of carried on with the match

Pat Vegas
11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
I was not happy with the midfield gaps
I could have pitched a tent there and they could of carried on with the match

Hey Prat. Pat Vegas Fact. I've smoked a couple of cigarettes standing in that area of the Emirates Pitch.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I like that Pat Fact!
Who were you supposed to be marking?
Did you take a piss too?

Rich
11-07-2016, 12:35 PM

Other items. As much as BT sport like to suggest our goal shouldn't have been a goal. it was a goal.

Rather too much wine was taken yesterday :-( Beers for the game, then a trip to the pub for lunch where bottle number one of red was taken. Several followed.

I woke at 3am this morning on the sofa with the cat pawing my face as I had forgotten to feed him.

Burney
11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Rather too much wine was taken yesterday :-( Beers for the game, then a trip to the pub for lunch where bottle number one of red was taken. Several followed.

I woke at 3am this morning on the sofa with the cat pawing my face as I had forgotten to feed him.

Physician, heal thyself imo.

Sir C
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

He must have access to Ritalin. A belt of speed is going to sort out anyone's hangover, surely?

Rich
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

I cannot put the desire I presently have for my bed into words, B.

Burney
11-07-2016, 12:45 PM
He must have access to Ritalin. A belt of speed is going to sort out anyone's hangover, surely?

I know. He seems a bit squeamish about self-prescription, though. Odd fellow.

Pat Vegas
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Seems odd you moan at people for smoking but you have no qualms about poisoning your body with alcohol.

Ash
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Seems odd you moan at people for smoking but you have no qualms about poisoning your body with alcohol.

Not that odd, really, for a massive ****ing hypocrite.