PDA

View Full Version : Best Hendrix Song?

Pat Vegas
11-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Discuss with more than 10 characters.

dismalswamp
11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Discuss with more than 10 characters.

Still think it's probably his cover of All Along the Watchtower....it's just a good tune from start to finish with guitar embellishments that improve Dylan's no end, doesn't start strong then peter off into a load of noise blah blah...

Ash
11-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Still think it's probably his cover of All Along the Watchtower....it's just a good tune from start to finish with guitar embellishments that improve Dylan's no end, doesn't start strong then peter off into a load of noise blah blah...

Can't count as a Hendrix Song though, surely. Even though I agree it's bloody good, but if it's the best thing he recorded it doesn't say much for his songwriting.

Crosstown Traffic was one of my faves.

Pat Vegas
11-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Can't count as a Hendrix Song though, surely. Even though I agree it's bloody good, but if it's the best thing he recorded it doesn't say much for his songwriting.

I currently like Little Wing I think the tone of the guitar is great. but it always feels like the song cuts off when it fades out. Unless there is a longer version.

eastgermanautos
11-04-2016, 01:27 PM

What crap. Choose a legit Hendrix song. I would say his songwriting fit the purpose. He's the man.

eastgermanautos
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
What crap. Choose a legit Hendrix song. I would say his songs fit the purpose. He's the man.

Badass as hell .

Red N White Army
11-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Little Wing is my favourite. Spanish Castle Magic a close second. Wind Cries Mary up there too

Mo Britain less Europe
11-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Hey Joe for me.