PDA

View Full Version : Metal poppies are wrong.

Burney
11-01-2016, 12:24 PM
These people who buy an enamel job for a few quid then pin it on, stick it in the drawer and then put it back on the next year are essentially traitors. The whole point of poppies is to buy the shítty paper wons for an uncounted handful of change, then watch it become unwearable after about two hours and then repeat the process throughout the poppy period, thus eventually spending about 50 quid on the bloody things every year.

Someone buying a re-useable metal poppy is therefore basically saying they wish Hitler had won and ought to be publicly shamed and spat at in the street.

barrybueno
11-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Lets face it B, we all secretly wish Hitler had won...

Pat Vegas
11-01-2016, 12:46 PM
These people who buy an enamel job for a few quid then pin it on, stick it in the drawer and then put it back on the next year are essentially traitors. The whole point of poppies is to buy the shítty paper wons for an uncounted handful of change, then watch it become unwearable after about two hours and then repeat the process throughout the poppy period, thus eventually spending about 50 quid on the bloody things every year.

Someone buying a re-useable metal poppy is therefore basically saying they wish Hitler had won and ought to be publicly shamed and spat at in the street.

:nod: That's why I buy my paper wons in bulk from a Chinese wholesaler.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-01-2016, 04:51 PM

No. They are saying the wish the Kaiser had won.

Look - just to be absolutely clear and so this isn't taken the wrong way - I think of Hitler as the Chief Rabbi does. It's just I hate KWII even more.

Hitler was honest. Read Mein Kampf or the unpublished sequel Zweitesbuch. (I'm not a Nazi, I had to study this for my sort of dissertation thingie.) He's blatantly honest years before he got elected.

(He also wanted the GB Emp to join him in a war against the Septics so I do sort of like that bit of him.)

Willhelm on the other hand was a hypocritical, meglomaniac, deformed armed proto-nazi, who basically believed in divine right and god given autocracy. Coont.

Moltke - you knows slightly more about the army than Billy who just played with tin soldiers - implemented the Schliffen Plan, as he'd always wanted do.

However - the heroic beligies slowed it down, the heroic BEF covered the retreat from Mons, and the utterly, utterly heroic Frogs saved Paris at the Miracle of the Marne.

Moltke went to Willy "The war is lost. Sue of peace." Willy wouldn't listen and so 18m died in 4 years so the withered armed moustachioed **** wanted to play toy soldiers.

Hate the ****er.

Ash
11-01-2016, 05:01 PM
No. They are saying the wish the Kaiser had won.

:nod: I've always seen poppies as a WW1 thing.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Good man, Ash. Me too. Look, Ww2 was simple. No one can deny we were right. (well except a few ****wit Indians who don't understand that if the Japs had broken through, Gandhi and Nehru would have been first up against the wall.)

But all that death cos Apis (head of Serbian military Intel) wanted a greater Serbia. The 1990s showed he was wrong. The can't.

I'm a pacifist but when I pin my poppy on and the words of Owen enter my brain unbidden, it does normally make me cry.

When you go home,
Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow
We gave our today

Ash
11-01-2016, 11:41 PM
But all that death cos Apis (head of Serbian military Intel) wanted a greater Serbia. The 1990s showed he was wrong. The can't.

Oh, I'm afraid we disagree, if you're blaming Serbia. And don't start me on the 90's