PDA

View Full Version : Peak Snot.

Ash
10-27-2016, 02:48 PM
I have a cold and am on day one of Peak Snot, which involves blowing my nose almost all day and much of the night. From memory this phase of misery lasts between two and five days before the transition to extreme tickly cough misery. Obviously I am hoping for nearer the two days, as beyond that the nose starts to get very sore and unhappy.

Do you get Peak Snot? If so, how long does it last.

Pat Vegas
10-27-2016, 02:52 PM
3 days.

Though maybe I am unhealthy but colds and coughs seem worse as I get older. though that may be have been when I was smoking.

Sir C
10-27-2016, 03:23 PM
I have a cold and am on day one of Peak Snot, which involves blowing my nose almost all day and much of the night. From memory this phase of misery lasts between two and five days before the transition to extreme tickly cough misery. Obviously I am hoping for nearer the two days, as beyond that the nose starts to get very sore and unhappy.

:nod: Two days, I reckon. Apparently it helps to rub vaseline into your hooter, stops it getting sore.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-27-2016, 03:26 PM

I find some MTFU helps.

Ash
10-27-2016, 03:39 PM
I find some MTFU helps.

So do you not get heavy colds, Mr Superman? Or do you only respect a cold if you call it 'flu', which is, of course, something else.

Pat Vegas
10-27-2016, 03:42 PM
:nod: Two days, I reckon. Apparently it helps to rub vaseline into your hooter, stops it getting sore.

Do you ever suffer from tuning problems on your Gibson?
i purchased a product called big bends nut lube. problem sorted.

10-27-2016, 03:42 PM
So do you not get heavy colds, Mr Superman? Or do you only respect a cold if you call it 'flu', which is, of course, something else.
I have a potentially fatal chest infection at the moment and am coughing up great globules of fluorescent phlegm (ah...takes me back) but have still spent most of the last 2 days outside. Each to their own though Mr Pansy ;-)

Ash
10-27-2016, 04:00 PM
I have a potentially fatal chest infection at the moment and am coughing up great globules of fluorescent phlegm (ah...takes me back) but have still spent most of the last 2 days outside. Each to their own though Mr Pansy ;-)

Infecting other people with a potentially fatal disease? Nice.

10-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Infecting other people with a potentially fatal disease? Nice.
I work alone thank god. The only beings at risk of infection are cows and sheep...
And I may be exaggerating a tad when I say it's potentially fatal.

Ash
10-27-2016, 04:20 PM
I work alone thank god. The only beings at risk of infection are cows and sheep...
And I may be exaggerating a tad when I say it's potentially fatal.

I wouldn't mind a bit of fresh air actually. I'm sitting here feeling under house arrest waiting for a hypothetical wine delivery.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-27-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't think I've had a cold in ten years. And flu probably not in twenty years.