PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...government just guaranteed spending £8bn on a bunch of new frigates

Burney
10-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Almost as if they suspect that things might get a bit tasty in forthcoming years. :rubchin:

Sir C
10-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Almost as if they suspect that things might get a bit tasty in forthcoming years. :rubchin:

A couple of aeroplanes might be nice, as well :-(

TheCurly
10-25-2016, 12:34 PM

Eh? Hold on! Deficit this, deficit that and all of a sudden there's plenty of loot to kill Russians?
I endorse this spending.

Sir C
10-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Eh? Hold on! Deficit this, deficit that and all of a sudden there's plenty of loot to kill Russians?
I endorse this spending.

One might have the most prudent financial intentions, but come the threat of war, a government must be obliged to take all possible steps to protect the country's citizens and territory, irrespective of cost, surely? I mean, we bankrupted ourselves to the Septics to fight the Krauts, on the grounds that bankruptcy is preferable to enslavement and annihilation.

TheCurly
10-25-2016, 12:42 PM
One might have the most prudent financial intentions, but come the threat of war, a government must be obliged to take all possible steps to protect the country's citizens and territory, irrespective of cost, surely? I mean, we bankrupted ourselves to the Septics to fight the Krauts, on the grounds that bankruptcy is preferable to enslavement and annihilation.

Ahhh sure just give them the keys to the whole gaff.Have you seen how many of them are loaded? None of these pesky millionaire boyos I mean proper loaded

Sir C
10-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Ahhh sure just give them the keys to the whole gaff.Have you seen how many of them are loaded? None of these pesky millionaire boyos I mean proper loaded

They have terrible taste in clothes and soft furnishings, they're rude and they spit in the street.

Let's have a war.

TheCurly
10-25-2016, 12:51 PM
They have terrible taste in clothes and soft furnishings, they're rude and they spit in the street.

Let's have a war.

No worse an excuse than standing up for plucky Belgians 'suppose

Burney
10-25-2016, 01:10 PM

Let's have a war.

Their men are also very ugly.

TheCurly
10-25-2016, 01:14 PM

I was over for a CL game agin CSKA (Little Mozart's miss :-( )
I was the only non-Russian in the whole hotel.Not one of those fúckers were sober enough to stand at 5:00pm
When I got back around 11ish they refused to let me go to bed,b
I slunk off around 4:00am and they were still at it

PSRB
10-25-2016, 01:14 PM

In much the same fashion as the Danes, the amount of very bland/ugly Danes and Russian men who have stunning females on their arms makes me sad

Burney
10-25-2016, 01:22 PM
In much the same fashion as the Danes, the amount of very bland/ugly Danes and Russian men who have stunning females on their arms makes me sad

The Russians at least have the excuse that much of the best of their manhood was wiped out in the 20th Century.

Rich
10-25-2016, 02:45 PM

What would war actually look like in this day and age, though? I'd like to watch dogfights from my garden but fear that technology has put an end to that.

Surely missile defences and QRA fighters are such that any missile launched at us would be shot from the sky?

Ash
10-25-2016, 02:47 PM
What would war actually look like in this day and age, though?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Rich
10-25-2016, 02:49 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Oh dear - far less entertaining.

Burney
10-25-2016, 02:50 PM

Oh, there'd be no fun in going nuclear straight off the bat, a. I think a scuffle over some disputed territory, a little tit-for-tat, high tension and then a gradual climbdown on both sides would be more likely.

Rich
10-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Oh, there'd be no fun in going nuclear straight off the bat, a. I think a scuffle over some disputed territory, a little tit-for-tat, high tension and then a gradual climbdown on both sides would be more likely.

I don't think Putin has respect for anyone but the thought of May trying to stand up against him makes me feel a bit sorry for her.

Sir C
10-25-2016, 02:57 PM
I don't think Putin has respect for anyone but the thought of May trying to stand up against him makes me feel a bit sorry for her.

They're not going to settle matters by cage-fighting, you know.

Burney
10-25-2016, 03:02 PM

Oh, God, r! You're not one of these awful little alt-right Putin fanboys, are you? :-( One of the 'Say what you like, but he's a strong leader' tossers?

Rich
10-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Oh, God, r! You're not one of these awful little alt-right Putin fanboys, are you? :-( One of the 'Say what you like, but he's a strong leader' tossers?

Not in the slightest. But I can imagine him making a point to her and then following it with a roaring belly laugh. Then when she begins her response, I think he'd just ignore her and start supping vodka with his associates. Probably get up and walk out of the room mid response.