PDA

View Full Version : Do I not keep banging on about rotation?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Cazorla may miss tomorrow's game with a sore calf. Xhaka, who could have played on Wednesday, is of course suspensed.

"It's only Middlesbrough" but wouldn't it have been funny if he'd missed, say, the Spurs game because he took part in a 6-0 romp which had home win written all over it even before the game started?

Ash
10-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Cazorla may miss tomorrow's game with a sore calf. Xhaka, who could have played on Wednesday, is of course suspensed.

"It's only Middlesbrough" but wouldn't it have been funny if he'd missed, say, the Spurs game because he took part in a 6-0 romp which had home win written all over it even before the game started?

Le boss made several changes as it was. Rotation is good but he's over done it before in the CL and fùcked it up. Given that Ludogorets were decent in the first half and could have scored, it's fair to say that this game wasn't necessarily a walkover. As it was they gave up in the second half but it wasn't really a nailed on 6-0 whatever the selection.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-22-2016, 12:12 PM
He rotated Cech, who doesn't need it. Main point of rotation is to save up tiring legs or valuable players. Santi is both. Made no sense for him to get injured in that game, if he did, especially when Xhaka cannot play for three games now. Santi's presence on the pitch did not win us the game by itself.

redgunamo
10-22-2016, 12:48 PM

I doubt selection is all that much of a science, to be honest. You just pick whichever eleven of the players turn up sober on Saturday morning, and the one with the biggest hangover goes in goal.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Well we had a laugh about it didn't we? And we lost two points! Fnar fnarr....

Tony C
10-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Missed Santi big time....would've carved that lot open easy.

still though you would expect that side to find a way to beat Boro.

redgunamo
10-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Wenger and I got it wrong. **** happens.

Well we had a laugh about it didn't we? And we lost two points! Fnar fnarr....

The Rob2
10-23-2016, 06:05 PM
Le boss made several changes as it was. Rotation is good but he's over done it before in the CL and fùcked it up. Given that Ludogorets were decent in the first half and could have scored, it's fair to say that this game wasn't necessarily a walkover. As it was they gave up in the second half but it wasn't really a nailed on 6-0 whatever the selection.

We were ****ting a pub team 3-0 on 47 minutes, I was screaming at the telly to haul off Sanch and Ozil there and then
Then his excuse for scraping a draw against Middlesbrough is "we looked tired". Absolutely no common sense

Mo Britain less Europe
10-23-2016, 09:54 PM
We were ****ting a pub team 3-0 on 47 minutes, I was screaming at the telly to haul off Sanch and Ozil there and then
Then his excuse for scraping a draw against Middlesbrough is "we looked tired". Absolutely no common sense

That was my point exactly. I didn't think we needed to start with the holy trinity - creatively speaking - of Santi, Alexis and Mesut. And when the third goal went in we should have got two of them off Which, if one had started on the bench, would have meant all three fit, nice and rested yesterday. We have a bloody good squad, use it for chrissake!