PDA

View Full Version : Oi monty! Here boy.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 02:02 PM
I hear Mezut has a favourite restaurant in Goldberg's Green. Which one is it likely to be? (Here's a tip, he's probably not that into the whole kosher thing.)

I might go and stalk him.

Monty92
10-20-2016, 02:37 PM
I hear Mezut has a favourite restaurant in Goldberg's Green. Which one is it likely to be? (Here's a tip, he's probably not that into the whole kosher thing.)

I might go and stalk him.

Yes, it's called Likya. Turkisk, natch. Not half bad, although I've never actually had a bad Turkish meal in London. Only so far wrong you can go with grilled meats and salad, I guess.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Yes, it's called Likya. Turkisk, natch. Not half bad, although I've never actually had a bad Turkish meal in London.

A kebab shop? Middle Eastern grub is largely foul, especially in the Middle East.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Yes, it's called Likya. Turkisk, natch. Not half bad, although I've never actually had a bad Turkish meal in London. Only so far wrong you can go with grilled meats and salad, I guess.

'Likya' :hehe:

I like* those Turkish restaurants in Green Lanes with the big open charcoal grill manned by an enormously fat hairy Turk in a string vest, dripping armpit sweat onto skewers of adana.

*No I don't.

I've got to take some French foodie types for an Indian meal next week. Can't get into Gymkhana, naturally, so it looks like it will be Chutney Mary.

'Chutney Mary' :hehe:

Sir C
10-20-2016, 02:50 PM
A kebab shop? Middle Eastern grub is largely foul, especially in the Middle East.

What guff is this, now? What of the noble shawarma so beloved of the Levantine, the Israelite's humus and felafal, the stuff with pomegranate seeds scattered everywhere?

You might have a point, actually.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Imagine then, my disappointment :-|

What guff is this, now? What of the noble shawarma so beloved of the Levantine, the Israelite's humus and felafal, the stuff with pomegranate seeds scattered everywhere?

You might have a point, actually.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 03:03 PM

Good Lord. I'm surprised you didn't swoon away, to be honest.

You seem to have missed bacon off your list, r.

Maravilloso Marvo
10-21-2016, 07:44 AM
I've got to take some French foodie types for an Indian meal next week. Can't get into Gymkhana, naturally, so it looks like it will be Chutney Mary.

'Chutney Mary' :hehe:

If you want to be City, Darbaar is very good.

Sir C
10-21-2016, 08:07 AM
If you want to be City, Darbaar is very good.

ty m, but we'll definitely be West End. They want to go to a gay bar after.

Maravilloso Marvo
10-21-2016, 09:39 AM
ty m, but we'll definitely be West End. They want to go to a gay bar after.

I can't help with that part of your evening I'm afraid.

Luis Anaconda
10-21-2016, 09:50 AM

You appear to have left out potatoes, red

redgunamo
10-21-2016, 11:08 AM
You appear to have left out potatoes, red

To be honest, I'd have to read the menu to rightly say what it actually was. And probably not even then.

A shameful episode all round really.