PDA

View Full Version : Ivan on £2.6m a year

Tony C
10-20-2016, 09:55 AM
He's got the game by the balls imo....solid little racket he's got going for himself at the Arsenal imo

Shame Fifa had the big clean up...thought I would've fit it nicely with that bunch of rogues and hoodlums in Zurich.

Ash
10-20-2016, 09:56 AM
He's got the game by the balls imo....solid little racket he's got going for himself at the Arsenal imo

Shame Fifa had the big clean up...thought I would've fit it nicely with that bunch of rogues and hoodlums in Zurich.

I expect we'll be told that he's being paid the market rate, and that he's worth every penny, because people's value is always whatever they are paid.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 10:01 AM

One can only surmise that he is being paid the market rate for the job, t.

A person's services, like any product, are worth what the market will pay.

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 10:09 AM
One can only surmise that he is being paid the market rate for the job, t.

A person's services, like any product, are worth what the market will pay.

Paul Merson et al are reportedly on 20k a week with Sky
Good luck to them

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Nonsense. A guy takes on a secretary because he's f ucking her and pays her ten times what other secretaries get and the market for secretaries is effectively ignored.

The fact that markets generally speaking find their levels does not excuse every act of cronyism, neotism and dishonesty which occurs within it. This guy is not worth what he is being paid because you don't need someone to be paid that money for that job. He is getting the money because they are (absurdly) looking at relativities of the people who work at the football club in other capacities.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 10:12 AM
Nonsense. A guy takes on a secretary because he's f ucking her and pays her ten times what other secretaries get and the market for secretaries is effectively ignored.

The fact that markets generally speaking find their levels does not excuse every act of cronyism, neotism and dishonesty which occurs within it. This guy is not worth what he is being paid because you don't need someone to be paid that money for that job. He is getting the money because they are (absurdly) looking at relativities of the people who work at the football club in other capacities.

:shrug: Clearly the market for secretaries is worth a tenth of the market for secretaries with available tooshy. The market has dictated the price. In the same way, the market for executives with relatives is remarkably bouyant. (I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid.)

Sir C
10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Paul Merson et al are reportedly on 20k a week with Sky
Good luck to them

Exactly. Look at what you earn, you bloated plutocrat. Worth every penny, mind.

Tony C
10-20-2016, 10:53 AM
thinly veiled - I'm a pwopa baller whose banging a hot secretary - post from ol' Mo there

Niceeeeeeee!

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:17 AM
:shrug: Clearly the market for secretaries is worth a tenth of the market for secretaries with available tooshy. The market has dictated the price. In the same way, the market for executives with relatives is remarkably bouyant. (I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid.)

No it hasn't. The factors involved in paying ten times the going rate are extraneous to the market, They are dishonest because the f ucking is not on the job description. It isn't the market that's decided it, it's the guy's cock.

I have had a few secretaries in my time but I'm taking it easier now.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 11:21 AM
No it hasn't. The factors involved in paying ten times the going rate are extraneous to the market, They are dishonest because the f ucking is not on the job description. It isn't the market that's decided it, it's the guy's cock.

I have had a few secretaries in my time but I'm taking it easier now.

Well, 'pénis-extension' isn't in the description of a Ferrari, but it still costs more than a Ford.

Brentwood
10-20-2016, 11:22 AM

I was on the train wonce and heard a bloke talking about how the boss at his trading firm went up to an attractive woman in a bar who had huge bristols, and just offered her a job as his secretary there and then, on a really good salary. He must have been so untouchable that nobody batted an eyelid about him hiring someone he'd never met before :hehe:

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:40 AM
Well, 'pénis-extension' isn't in the description of a Ferrari, but it still costs more than a Ford.

That is really irrelevant.

Your attitude is everything that happens is fine because the market doesn't allow mistakes. Totally circular and as blinkered as the man-made climate-change eco-fascists or the religious nuts. Actually, as someone almost said, there is no such thing as markets. There are individual men and women. And there are businesses.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 11:52 AM

Your attitude is everything that happens is fine because the market doesn't allow mistakes. Totally circular and as blinkered as the man-made climate-change eco-fascists or the religious nuts. Actually, as someone almost said, there is no such thing as markets. There are individual men and women. And there are businesses.

Of course markets allow mistakes. It just tends to correct them more efficiently than .. well ..whatever the alternative to markets is.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Of course markets allow mistakes. It just tends to correct them more efficiently than .. well ..whatever the alternative to markets is.

Gazidis at £2.6 million is a mistake. He'd probably do the job for 500k. And if he didn't, plenty of competent others would. He hasn't brought anything to the club which can't be bought for much less that that.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Gazidis at £2.6 million is a mistake. He'd probably do the job for 500k. And if he didn't, plenty of competent others would. He hasn't brought anything to the club which can't be bought for much less that that.

Possibly, but this is Premier League football; we make that much at the gate every game. Our chief exec's salary is hardly the greatest anomaly in the world, is it.

Anyway, the whole point of moving to the Emirates was to make much more money so we could pay everyone much more :shrug:

Ash
10-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Anyway, the whole point of moving to the Emirates was to make much more money so we could pay everyone much more :shrug:

To pay Mesut Ozil much more. There's nothing to suggest Gazidis is world class. A decent enough exec, I'm sure, but he can't even sort the catering out, and there must be ten a penny out there who can put in as good a shift at a more reasonable fee. Phuck 'im aht the windah imo, and give his wad to the Turkish Zidane.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Quite right. As I understand it the club's largesse does not extend to the cleaners and bar attendants. As Ash says the fact you work for a glamorous outfit doesn't mean you are glamorous.

Gazidis may be competent but there is no suggestion we've had to fight off a horde of A-list companies to recruit or retain him. Pork-barrel stuff.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Quite right. As I understand it the club's largesse does not extend to the cleaners and bar attendants. As Ash says the fact you work for a glamorous outfit doesn't mean you are glamorous.

Gazidis may be competent but there is no suggestion we've had to fight off a horde of A-list companies to recruit or retain him. Pork-barrel stuff.

Fair enough. I just don't think it makes any difference.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:21 PM
To pay Mesut Ozil much more. There's nothing to suggest Gazidis is world class. A decent enough exec, I'm sure, but he can't even sort the catering out, and there must be ten a penny out there who can put in as good a shift at a more reasonable fee. Phuck 'im aht the windah imo, and give his wad to the Turkish Zidane.

Perhaps Mesut is merely on a Theo-style contract negotiation-inspired run of goalscoring form?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Fair enough. I just don't think it makes any difference.

It makes £2 million a year difference which as someone has pointed out might come in handy for employees who perform on the pitch, which are the ones we pay to watch - not some grey bureaucrat.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:29 PM
It makes £2 million a year difference which as someone has pointed out might come in handy for employees who perform on the pitch, which are the ones we pay to watch - not some grey bureaucrat.

I don't think it does; we've got plenty of money.

Because of Wenger, and by extension Gazidis too as he is Wenger's man, money is not an issue for us anymore. We can afford it, so we pay it.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 12:33 PM
If that is true we shouldn't be paying the minimum wage to people are doing their jobs at least as well as Ivan is.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 12:33 PM

Well. There's no need to be rude, m.

No need at all. I appreciate that this is the internet, of course, but one would hope that a chap of your calibre would remember the customary bounds of interaction between gentlemen. :-(

Ash
10-20-2016, 12:43 PM
I don't think it does; we've got plenty of money.

Because of Wenger, and by extension Gazidis too as he is Wenger's man, money is not an issue for us anymore. We can afford it, so we pay it.

But Ivan himself has been saying that although we've got a bob or two, we're not a bottomless pit of money. You may have on occasion said something similar to those requiring new replica shirts and so on.

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Well. There's no need to be rude, m.

No need at all. I appreciate that this is the internet, of course, but one would hope that a chap of your calibre would remember the customary bounds of interaction between gentlemen. :-(

tbf there is probably a need to be rude as he is talking a load of ****e about something he clearly knows **** all about. Being rude is necessary to cover up his gross ignorance

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:51 PM
But Ivan himself has been saying that although we've got a bob or two, we're not a bottomless pit of money. You may have on occasion said something similar to those requiring new replica shirts and so on.

But that just means we can't buy Messi or Ronaldo, before anyone asks :shrug:

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:53 PM
If that is true we shouldn't be paying the minimum wage to people are doing their jobs at least as well as Ivan is.

Perhaps that's just one of your market mistakes :rubchin:

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Perhaps that's just one of your market mistakes :rubchin:

Wouldn't think so because. like Ivan, they could be replaced at the drop of a hat. Only difference is he could be replaced by someone much cheaper but they couldn't because it would be illegal.

taxman10
10-20-2016, 01:31 PM
The catering is nothing to do with Arsenal. An American outfit bought the rights to do the catering for a stupid amount of money

Admittedly is so bad I've stopped trying to get a beer at half time

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 01:35 PM
The catering is nothing to do with Arsenal. An American outfit bought the rights to do the catering for a stupid amount of money

Admittedly is so bad I've stopped trying to get a beer at half time

I've given up on anything other than tea on very cold days.

David Dein promised us much better catering than at Highbury. For once he didn't deliver. Or maybe wasn't given the chance.

Ash
10-20-2016, 03:37 PM
But that just means we can't buy Messi or Ronaldo, before anyone asks :shrug:

We can't buy Jamie Vardy either. :-|

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 03:50 PM
We can't buy Jamie Vardy either. :-|

I told you months ago, all that was just a ruse to get Theo to pull his socks up.

Naturally, we can bicker all day about particular players we didn't buy but we've spent plenty of money in the last couple of transfer windows. No, cash isn't a problem and neither is our squad. IG can be satisfied with that, I think. As can everyone else.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 04:17 PM
I told you months ago, all that was just a ruse to get Theo to pull his socks up.

Naturally, we can bicker all day about particular players we didn't buy but we've spent plenty of money in the last couple of transfer windows. No, cash isn't a problem and neither is our squad. IG can be satisfied with that, I think. As can everyone else.

You are Ivan Gazidis and I claim the prize.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 04:26 PM
You are Ivan Gazidis and I claim the prize.

:nod: My wife and children are certainly convinced I make £2.6m a year.