PDA

View Full Version : So,The Times are reporting the gaffer is close

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 08:58 AM
to signing a new 2 year deal.Simone is just going to have to wait

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 09:14 AM
They would be well advised to wait until later in the season. If things go pear-shaped the atmosphere is going to become poisonous.

World's End Stella
10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
They would be well advised to wait until later in the season. If things go pear-shaped the atmosphere is going to become poisonous.

I don't think that's true. The poisonous atmosphere has always been driven by the view that Wenger was either resistant to spending, or was being prevented from spending by the club, I think. The results were less of a concern. All the support has ever really asked is that we *try* to win the league imo. The spend in the summer has placated the majority of the support who were easily turned, I think.

At least I hope so, anyway.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Spending money is seen as a route to get trophies. If we don't get trophies the accusation will be that he bought the wrong players. Some people just want him gone on the basis that a change is as goo as...blah blah. They are quiescent now but they will sutface as soon as we get a run of bad results or are knocked out of tournaments.

It may be that even winning the League Cup will be enough to save him . Or finishing second in the league and getting to semis of CL. I don't know. But not winning anything and a string of sub-standard performances would create such an atmosphere that the unthinkable might happen.

This Board's loyalty to Wenger is based on his financial more than sporting achievements. We lose the season ticket waiting list, see a drop in commercial income as other teams overtake us and loss of revenue from not progressing far in tournaments and they will "listen to the fans".

Brentwood
10-20-2016, 11:25 AM

I think this is the best time to do it. Everyone's optimistic and things are going brilliantly. In a few games time we might all be calling him a **** again

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:52 AM
I think this is the best time to do it. Everyone's optimistic and things are going brilliantly. In a few games time we might all be calling him a **** again

That is my precise point. We can't have two years of infighting. He has to deliver or take a different role. And they should be concentrating on tying up Alexis, Mesut and Hector to longer contracts. They know Arsene will sign on when he's offered the contract if he wants to stay.

PSRB
10-20-2016, 12:32 PM
to signing a new 2 year deal.Simone is just going to have to wait

Paddy Power were offering 33/1 on Wenger being the next PL manager out, tight ****ers, should be closer to 1000/1, he's not going anywhere

Gooner Canuck
10-20-2016, 01:12 PM
That is my precise point. We can't have two years of infighting. He has to deliver or take a different role. And they should be concentrating on tying up Alexis, Mesut and Hector to longer contracts. They know Arsene will sign on when he's offered the contract if he wants to stay.

I agree completely. 3 months does not a season make.