PDA

View Full Version : A quick reminder that after 8 games last season we were also second, having just

Monty92
10-20-2016, 08:33 AM
bantered Man Utd off at the Emirates.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 08:35 AM

No one can say that we're lacking lidl bit consistency.

Ash
10-20-2016, 08:38 AM

yeah but yeah but yeah but yeah but

Billy Goat Sverige
10-20-2016, 08:43 AM

We've got 3 more points compared to last season though, and a lot more goals. I think that's what i see as the biggest difference so far. We struggled for goals last year but not so much this year.

Monty92
10-20-2016, 08:43 AM

...and Theo was pulling the strings up front.

By the end of last season the overwhelming concensus was that Theo was a useless ******** who should be sold.

Football fans :hehe:

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 08:44 AM

That was the first of 5 games in 14 days,A
By then we should know more about the squad depth.

Monty92
10-20-2016, 08:46 AM
We've got 3 more points compared to last season though, and a lot more goals. I think that's what i see as the biggest difference so far. We struggled for goals last year but not so much this year.

Mmmm. Well at this point last season we'd just put 5 past Leicester and 3 past Man Utd

Burney
10-20-2016, 08:49 AM

By the end of last season the overwhelming concensus was that Theo was a useless ******** who should be sold.

Look, I let it go yesterday because of politeness and the fact that it's a common error, but it's 'consensus' - only one 'c'. :thumbup:

Billy Goat Sverige
10-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Mmmm. Well at this point last season we'd just put 5 past Leicester and 3 past Man Utd

And only scored 5 in the other 6 games.

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 08:52 AM
And only scored 5 in the other 6 games.

Or perhaps that last season has around zero fúcks to do with this season

Monty92
10-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Look, I let it go yesterday because of politeness and the fact that it's a common error, but it's 'consensus' - only one 'c'. :thumbup:

Thank you :thumbup:

Ash
10-20-2016, 12:23 PM

Did you watch Theo play at the end of last season?

This time last year we'd lost our first two CL games in apalling fashion, and scored over a goal a game less than so far this season. Generally last season we relied on too few players to create and score goals. So far the goodness is being spread round, as a consequence of the dynamic front four which Arsene had clearly planned as is evident from his transfer targets in the summer, and we have more depth in defence and midfield.

No-one is getting carried away, but there is cause for optimism, and if you can't enjoy that then you need a new hobby.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 01:08 PM

This time last year we'd lost our first two CL games in apalling fashion, and scored over a goal a game less than so far this season. Generally last season we relied on too few players to create and score goals. So far the goodness is being spread round, as a consequence of the dynamic front four which Arsene had clearly planned as is evident from his transfer targets in the summer, and we have more depth in defence and midfield.

No-one is getting carried away, but there is cause for optimism, and if you can't enjoy that then you need a new hobby.

He's making fun of us again :-(

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2016, 01:11 PM

The silly **** also rather overlooks the fact that the consensus seemed to include Arsene Wenger, who didn't pick him for a league game for the last three months of the season after his terrible performance at United. He preferred an unproven 19-year-old for most of those games. It's not inconceivable that if Vardy had signed, Theo could have been sold, he most certainly wouldn't have been in the starting XI from the start of the season

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 01:32 PM
The silly **** also rather overlooks the fact that the consensus seemed to include Arsene Wenger, who didn't pick him for a league game for the last three months of the season after his terrible performance at United. He preferred an unproven 19-year-old for most of those games. It's not inconceivable that if Vardy had signed, Theo could have been sold, he most certainly wouldn't have been in the starting XI from the start of the season

Sometimes Wenger has got lucky with scenarios like this, taking credit for decisions which were imposed on him by circumstances. Let us hope this will be one of those.

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Sometimes Wenger has got lucky with scenarios like this, taking credit for decisions which were imposed on him by circumstances. Let us hope this will be one of those.
Absolutely - I think all successful managers have a bit of that luck. Long may it continue for AW

Btw - can't even remember which thread but I may have been rude about you, m . Sorry - in a **** of a mood today due to someone forcing me to drink to tequila last night

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Absolutely - I think all successful managers have a bit of that luck. Long may it continue for AW

Btw - can't even remember which thread but I may have been rude about you, m . Sorry - in a **** of a mood today due to someone forcing me to drink to tequila last night

Continue?
No chance :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Can't remember seeing that LA. Tell me which it was so I can read it and get angry.

redgunamo
10-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Continue?
No chance :-(

Very suspicious, anti-Arsenal stats there. Notice how they ignore the Summer months when we are often brilliant :rubchin:

TheCurly
10-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Very suspicious, anti-Arsenal stats there. Notice how they ignore the Summer months when we are often brilliant :rubchin:

Shocking,r
No mention of beating Barnet 10 one July