PDA

View Full Version : Lucas got 2 assists in about 30 mins tonight. Got one in the EFL but also played the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-19-2016, 09:52 PM
ball for Akpom's pen.

Who'da thunk that Lucas would be giving assists for Ozil's goals?

The two centre-forwards we played tonight both did their ting out wide. While our winger (Feo) and CM (Ozil) both played like strikers.

I do like this mobile front 4 with no set positions. This lot definitely have the most potential since the Invincibles. Not saying they'll win anything, but the interchange mobility could prove better than RVP, Cesc, Nasri and Arshavin/TR7.

I hope it does.

Ash
10-19-2016, 11:08 PM
I do like this mobile front 4 with no set positions.

Yes. Alexis drops incredibly deep at times too. Very impressed with Lucas, despite the obvious caveats about a tired side leaving a lot of space etc. I keep thinking of the false dawn of that Napoli game, where the front players operated this gaseous movement that destroyed Napoli in 20 minutes but ultimately couldn't reproduce it consistently. We can but hope.

10-20-2016, 12:18 AM
Yes. Alexis drops incredibly deep at times too. Very impressed with Lucas, despite the obvious caveats about a tired side leaving a lot of space etc. I keep thinking of the false dawn of that Napoli game, where the front players operated this gaseous movement that destroyed Napoli in 20 minutes but ultimately couldn't reproduce it consistently. We can but hope.

Is it just me or do Ozil and Alexis have a bit of the Bergkamp and Wright about the way their partnership is currently working?

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Is it just me or do Ozil and Alexis have a bit of the Bergkamp and Wright about the way their partnership is currently working?

Operative word here is currently.
Everyone is pleased with the way things are going but we've been here before.Early days GG,very early days

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2016, 09:25 AM
ball for Akpom's pen.

Who'da thunk that Lucas would be giving assists for Ozil's goals?

The two centre-forwards we played tonight both did their ting out wide. While our winger (Feo) and CM (Ozil) both played like strikers.

I do like this mobile front 4 with no set positions. This lot definitely have the most potential since the Invincibles. Not saying they'll win anything, but the interchange mobility could prove better than RVP, Cesc, Nasri and Arshavin/TR7.

I hope it does.

Still think we would score more goals with Giroud in the team? ;)

10-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Ah. Er. Well, now you mention it......

Though I didn't expect Feo to suddenly get back to top form, nor Ozil to play more like a striker than an AM.

But is it only me who thinks this current Ozil-Alexis partnership is a bit like Bergkamp and Wright?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 10:33 AM
I said we had nine winnable games and we're just three short of winning them all. But when we play Scum, PSG and Manu in a row we may have a better idea about our potential for the season

Ash
10-20-2016, 10:35 AM
I said we had nine winnable games and we're just three short of winning them all. But when we play Scum, PSG and Manu in a row we may have a better idea about our potential for the season

I believe you also said than Man City might drop points against Spurs and Everton, and some reacted to that with, shall we say, doubt, as Citeh were on their 'invincible' run at the time.

Brentwood
10-20-2016, 11:24 AM

Watching last night, I realised when Lucas Perez came on that we also had Giroud and Wellbeck in the squad. I had completely forgotten about all 3 of them

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 11:54 AM
I believe you also said than Man City might drop points against Spurs and Everton, and some reacted to that with, shall we say, doubt, as Citeh were on their 'invincible' run at the time.

Thanks for reminding of that Ash. I did say they'd drop points. Wasn't necessarily expecting them to drop points in both games but, hey I'll take that.

Do I get Awimb pundit of the season so far?

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks for reminding of that Ash. I did say they'd drop points. Wasn't necessarily expecting them to drop points in both games but, hey I'll take that.

Do I get Awimb pundit of the season so far?

Ahem!
In the exact same thread I said there were mistakes in Bravo/Stones and Otamendi
Much more precise than "dropping points"
Ergo pundit of the month = me!
:vsign:

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Ahem!
In the exact same thread I said there were mistakes in Bravo/Stones and Otamendi
Much more precise than "dropping points"
Ergo pundit of the month = me!
:vsign:

No, I think you both deserve serious consideration for the far more prestigious and sought-after, Stating The Bleedin' Obvious Award :thumbup:

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 12:06 PM
No, I think you both deserve serious consideration for the far more prestigious and sought-after, Stating The Bleedin' Obvious Award :thumbup:

I'll take that