PDA

View Full Version : The thing I don't get about the Trump

TheCurly
10-19-2016, 11:03 AM
If the West Wing was revered for being so "close to the reality" with a team of advisors planning and plotting every word,indeed inflection of words and weekend 'boot camps' rehearsing every possible question that can be thrown at a candidate then I can only conclude that the Trump's Chief-Of-Staff is Berni's blue balled baboon.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:04 AM
If the West Wing was revered for being so "close to the reality" with a team of advisors planning and plotting every word,indeed inflection of words and weekend 'boot camps' rehearsing every possible question that can be thrown at a candidate then I can only conclude that the Trump's Chief-Of-Staff is Berni's blue balled baboon.

True, but I suppose a large part of his appeal is that he is *not* a politician.

TheCurly
10-19-2016, 11:06 AM
True, but I suppose a large part of his appeal is that he is *not* a politician.

Indeed.Which is why he'll never be POTUS.

Burney
10-19-2016, 11:07 AM

To be fair, I think The West Wing was how that sort of person would have liked to have seen themselves. I suspect the reality is probably closer to Veep.

TheCurly
10-19-2016, 11:09 AM
To be fair, I think The West Wing was how that sort of person would have liked to have seen themselves. I suspect the reality is probably closer to Veep.

Oh that's the won you recommended.Haven't got around to it yet.Next on the agenda :thumbup:

Burney
10-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Oh that's the won you recommended.Haven't got around to it yet.Next on the agenda :thumbup:

Did you watch The Thick of It on the beeb? That was very good as well.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:13 AM

Well it worked for W, as his people made sure everyone saw him as Texas rather than Washington. Which is hilariously ironic really.

TheCurly
10-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Did you watch The Thick of It on the beeb? That was very good as well.

Yeah.Thought that was great
"Terri, when I want your advice, I’ll give you the special signal. Which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act" :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2016, 11:18 AM

I would imagine he is also egomaniacal enough not to allow any to have that much control over what he says - hence his addiction to Twitter and the free reign it gives him. I was reading a fairly hilarious letter to the New Yorker some time back complaining about his treatment in some book or other. You could practically see the bits that were written by his staff in an attempt to show him as an intellectual and the bits he insisted on being put in that were just plain insults. Was almost as if clearly as if he had scrawled the latter in big red ink on the page.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:28 AM
I would imagine he is also egomaniacal enough not to allow any to have that much control over what he says - hence his addiction to Twitter and the free reign it gives him. I was reading a fairly hilarious letter to the New Yorker some time back complaining about his treatment in some book or other. You could practically see the bits that were written by his staff in an attempt to show him as an intellectual and the bits he insisted on being put in that were just plain insults. Was almost as if clearly as if he had scrawled the latter in big red ink on the page.

Again, that must be part of the appeal. He seems to behave just as *we'd* behave if we were billionaires. Not like that Abramovich bloke. Bor-ring.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 11:30 AM
I though The West Wing was very good, especially the early seasons. I lost a bit of interest when that somewhat tiresome Hispanic guy came into the picture. The Thick of It I did not enjoy. That foul-mouthed guy really isn't a quarter as funny as he thinks he is.

Burney
10-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Again, that must be part of the appeal. He seems to behave just as *we'd* behave if we were billionaires. Not like that Abramovich bloke. Bor-ring.

I still don't really believe that anyone actively likes him. He only makes sense as a reaction - an expression of just how much his supporters hate the other options with which they're presented.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:41 AM
I still don't really believe that anyone actively likes him. He only makes sense as a reaction - an expression of just how much his supporters hate the other options with which they're presented.

I gather he's been something of a media celebrity for decades, so he *must* be fairly popular anyway surely. Even my nine year-old son knows who he is (DT once made a guest appearance at a WWE event :shrug: ).

Kind of like Hugh Hefner, one of these old legendary playboys. He would've stood a chance.

Sir C
10-19-2016, 11:42 AM
I though The West Wing was very good, especially the early seasons. I lost a bit of interest when that somewhat tiresome Hispanic guy came into the picture. The Thick of It I did not enjoy. That foul-mouthed guy really isn't a quarter as funny as he thinks he is.

Or The Left Wing, as it was commonly known.

Bunch of leftist propaganda nonsense.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
10-19-2016, 12:03 PM

A large part of his appeal is that he is a white male.

The rest of his appeal is that those he appeals to are complete and utter ****flakes