PDA

View Full Version : So the argument for locking Ched Evans up essentially amounted to,

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:00 AM
we don't like his money and we don't like his sort?

My word.

Sir C
10-19-2016, 11:38 AM
we don't like his money and we don't like his sort?

My word.

One hesitates to pontificate without having heard all the evidence, but the version of events I read suggesting that the lady in question went to the police suspecting that her drink had been spiked, at which point the police suggested to her that she might have been raped, is rather disturbing. If true.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
One hesitates to pontificate without having heard all the evidence, but the version of events I read suggesting that the lady in question went to the police suspecting that her drink had been spiked, at which point the police suggested to her that she might have been raped, is rather disturbing. If true.

Somebody trying to make a name for themselves using the poor woman as collateral. Very sad.

World's End Stella
10-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Not too sure I ever understood the idea that she was sober enough to consent to sex with the first chap but not the second. Was she necking down the lagers between blokes?

Burney
10-19-2016, 11:48 AM

That does appear to be the long and the short of it, yes. However, no-one in the Guardian brigade seems to want to acknowledge that at no point did she ever make a complaint of rape.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 11:52 AM
The people who think Evans should be jailed are often the same who believe Assange shouldn't have to answer for his rape charges.

Pokster
10-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Not too sure I ever understood the idea that she was sober enough to consent to sex with the first chap but not the second. Was she necking down the lagers between blokes?

Perhaps she agreed earlier in the eveing for a shag with footballer 1, then casrried on getting pissed up and was in no position (apart from on her back) to agree for a shag with CE

World's End Stella
10-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Perhaps she agreed earlier in the eveing for a shag with footballer 1, then casrried on getting pissed up and was in no position (apart from on her back) to agree for a shag with CE

The account of the night that I read said that she agreed to have sex (or not depending on what you believe) with Ched while she was having sex with the first bloke. Perhaps she was on top with a vodka bottle in her mouth at the time.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 12:27 PM
As a striker Evans has this uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time to score.

IUFG
10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
he was more prolific in that box than . . . etc

World's End Stella
10-19-2016, 12:30 PM

Reading that scenario again, my understanding of the consent law is that even under this circumstance the first chap would also have been guilty of rape. Initial agreement, followed by getting paralytic, followed by sex would not be considered as consent as at the time sex began she was incapable of agreeing.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Reading that scenario again, my understanding of the consent law is that even under this circumstance the first chap would also have been guilty of rape. Initial agreement, followed by getting paralytic, followed by sex would not be considered as consent as at the time sex began she was incapable of agreeing.

Makes no difference apparently.

"Angela Rafferty QC, vice-chair of the Criminal Bar Association and an expert on the law around sexual offences, said: “Sometimes cases involving celebrities can be a blessing in highlighting important issues.”"

:homer:

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 01:45 PM

The legal equivalent of taking a potshot from forty metres, I think. The lady is on security video entering the hotel with Lad #1, apparently freely, willingly and under her own steam, if somewhat the worse for wear. No such evidence was available regarding young Chedwyn.

World's End Stella
10-20-2016, 10:47 AM
The legal equivalent of taking a potshot from forty metres, I think. The lady is on security video entering the hotel with Lad #1, apparently freely, willingly and under her own steam, if somewhat the worse for wear. No such evidence was available regarding young Chedwyn.

Yes, but I still don't understand the details of the case then. Did the crown allege that after that clearly consensual sex, the young lady then drank more alcohol which meant that while engaged in consensual sex with the first lad, the agreement to let Ched 'join in' was made at a time when she was unable to consent?

The whole thing has always seemed very dubious to me, hence my concern over the sanctimonious attitude of so much of the media coverage. Not to mention that by placing the obligation on the man to obtain consent it sort of feels like a 'prove your innocence first' approach.

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Yes, but I still don't understand the details of the case then. Did the crown allege that after that clearly consensual sex, the young lady then drank more alcohol which meant that while engaged in consensual sex with the first lad, the agreement to let Ched 'join in' was made at a time when she was unable to consent?

The whole thing has always seemed very dubious to me, hence my concern over the sanctimonious attitude of so much of the media coverage. Not to mention that by placing the obligation on the man to obtain consent it sort of feels like a 'prove your innocence first' approach.

It wasn't "clearly consensual" apparently; that particular fellow was acquitted at the original trial, the same one at which Evans was initially found guilty.

Dubious is just the right word for it, I agree.

Sir C
10-20-2016, 11:07 AM
It wasn't "clearly consensual" apparently; that particular fellow was acquitted at the original trial, the same one at which Evans was initially found guilty.

Dubious is just the right word for it, I agree.

How was your fancy pants dinner?

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 11:16 AM
How was your fancy pants dinner?

Almost three grand. €280 for water alone :-|

Sir C
10-20-2016, 11:19 AM

:clap: Some decent Burgundy in there, one hopes.

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 11:26 AM

Hold on 'til I work this out in my language
3,000 divided by 6 = 500

FÚCK ME! That's 500 fish suppers

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Hold on 'til I work this out in my language
3,000 divided by 6 = 500

FÚCK ME! That's 500 fish suppers

Far worse than that, C; five adults and four children :-(

redgunamo
10-20-2016, 11:35 AM
:clap: Some decent Burgundy in there, one hopes.

Urban trendy media luvvie-types on exes; as if they'd know the difference burgundy and blackcurrant cordial!

Ash
10-20-2016, 12:04 PM

:-| :-| :-|