PDA

View Full Version : Are these Ludogorets people any good then,

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:14 AM
or are we to be 1000-4dec at tea on the second day?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Our youth should beat them It will be a crime and an indictment of Arsene if he plays Alexis, Mesut and Santi for 90 minutes against this mob.

He needs to play Gibbs, Xhaka (he needs to play this and League Cup now the wally is suspended), Elneny, Ox and Perez.

Sir C
10-19-2016, 10:17 AM

He's going to rest Ozil and Cazorla, isn't he? :-(

1-1 draw.

Ash
10-19-2016, 10:18 AM

They have no history and win their league every year.

Banana skin written all over it, imo. Or at least written over a fair bit of it.

Burney
10-19-2016, 10:21 AM
They have no history and win their league every year.

Banana skin written all over it, imo. Or at least written over a fair bit of it.

It's the Bulgarian league, though, to be fair. If only we had Paul Vaessen around to give us the SP.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Our youth should beat them It will be a crime and an indictment of Arsene if he plays Alexis, Mesut and Santi for 90 minutes against this mob.

He needs to play Gibbs, Xhaka (he needs to play this and League Cup now the wally is suspended), Elneny, Ox and Perez.

Are you mad?!

" .. if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you 'do you play in the Champions League?'."

TheCurly
10-19-2016, 10:31 AM

I don't understand Le Boss at the best of times but I can't get my head around his treatment of "fringe" players.
Either they are good enough or not :shrug:
The longer Perez goes without a game,the more ring rusty he will be.Thus throwing him in once every 8-10 games there is no way he will be anywhere near the same level as most of the others.Ergo he will make mistakes,the crowd will sigh and groan and AW will be forced to remove him :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Are you mad?!

" .. if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you 'do you play in the Champions League?'."

If you're referring to Xhaka, the cnut is in no position to dictate terms having just got himself a three week rest through his idiocy.

If you're talking about resting big players (and by resting I mean starting on the bench) then the idea is to qualify as group winners doing as little as possible and letting it affect the league games as little as possible too. I don't see that being against what you;re saying - no one gets excited about playing Ludogorets here I'd say. Except maybe Alexis.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:40 AM
If you're referring to Xhaka, the cnut is in no position to dictate terms having just got himself a three week rest through his idiocy.

If you're talking about resting big players (and by resting I mean starting on the bench) then the idea is to qualify as group winners doing as little as possible and letting it affect the league games as little as possible too. I don't see that being against what you;re saying - no one gets excited about playing Ludogorets here I'd say. Except maybe Alexis.

It's not that; it's the competition itself. They all want to play in the Champions League. It's the biggest stage in Europe and the biggest players want to be on it. The opposition doesn't matter.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:53 AM
I don't understand Le Boss at the best of times but I can't get my head around his treatment of "fringe" players.
Either they are good enough or not :shrug:
The longer Perez goes without a game,the more ring rusty he will be.Thus throwing him in once every 8-10 games there is no way he will be anywhere near the same level as most of the others.Ergo he will make mistakes,the crowd will sigh and groan and AW will be forced to remove him :-(

All managers seem to want to do that though. Mourinho famously wins trophies doing it and everyone praises him for it. Until he stops winning. I suppose the players prefer it too, as, at least, they know where they are.

Lucas9 should always be the first name on the teamsheet though, imo.

Tony C
10-19-2016, 02:18 PM
This should be freee moneeeeey

but Arsene shouldn't take too many liberties with the line up and we need to have the correct mindset just in case this lot are a spirited bunch and their goalkeeper has a blinder.

still remember us stuggling vs FC Thun only to get awarded a very very debateable penalty extremely late in the game...spartak Moscow at home with that Ashley diving header at the far post another example...that was off the back of beating of Inter 5-1 too.

then there's the anderletch disaster last year...need to be strong.

a few players missing but a Carling Cup team...nope.

Ospina for Cech
Gibbs for Monreal
Holding for Kos
Anyone for Cazorla
Perez for Alexis

will be fine...good game for Perez imo.

barrybueno
10-19-2016, 04:50 PM
I've just found out my car is older than these ****s :hehe:

Tony C
10-20-2016, 09:58 AM
a pitiful bunch is ludogorets....pitiful.

TheCurly
10-20-2016, 09:59 AM
a pitiful bunch is ludogorets....pitiful.

I thought the lad Palomino was excellent.Saved double figures imo

Mo Britain less Europe
10-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Look at the final result and that's what everyone will think but it was a proper game until the second goal, they even hit the post at 1-0. They had more possession than us (albeit in places where they couldn't hurt us) and all the other stats show it as being closer than a 6-0.

All of which is to say we musn't take thee three away points for granted. We should get them but they won't be a gift.