PDA

View Full Version : Is Pogba any good? Read this in the TG....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-19-2016, 01:04 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/18/paul-pogba-seems-to-think-his-mere-presence-is-enough-at-man-utd/

I only ever watch us and don't really understand football but this journo seems to be implying they've bought a shïtter.

I'd love it to be true, but just remember the press slagging off Bergy and Titi after this number of games, and I don't want them (and Jose) to have a player of their calibres.

Cos, even when saying he was over-priced by £50m, that implies he should have cost the same as Ozil.

How good is he/will he become?

Any chance he can mess up and be flogged of cheap as happened with Di Maria?

Gooner Canuck
10-19-2016, 02:45 AM
Haven't seen lot of him but you're right that many top players, including some of our own, took at least a full season to settle. I remember watching good ole' Bobby Pires in his first year here wondering what the hell Le Boss saw in him. In his second year he was a completely different player.

It's far too early to write off Pogba but the media have to write something.

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2016, 09:09 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/18/paul-pogba-seems-to-think-his-mere-presence-is-enough-at-man-utd/

I only ever watch us and don't really understand football but this journo seems to be implying they've bought a shïtter.

I'd love it to be true, but just remember the press slagging off Bergy and Titi after this number of games, and I don't want them (and Jose) to have a player of their calibres.

Cos, even when saying he was over-priced by £50m, that implies he should have cost the same as Ozil.

How good is he/will he become?

Any chance he can mess up and be flogged of cheap as happened with Di Maria?

Didn't get past this bit

"a desperation borne of their inability to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar or Gareth Bale, all game-changers, or match-winners, which Pogba is not."

Man can't have watched Pogba much - not saying he is as good as the three mentioned but even in a **** performance he produced a moment of absolute class that could have won Utd the match to set up Zlatan. That alone is the sort of thing that marks him out as a game-changer, I would have thought.

Very, very, very good player - needs a system to play in that suits him for one thing

Ash
10-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Man can't have watched Pogba much - not saying he is as good as the three mentioned but even in a **** performance he produced a moment of absolute class that could have won Utd the match to set up Zlatan. That alone is the sort of thing that marks him out as a game-changer, I would have thought.

Reminded me a bit of Alexis' ball for Mesut's goal.

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Reminded me a bit of Alexis' ball for Mesut's goal.

Indeed - surprised Zlatan missed/didn't go for the target, the ball seemed perfect

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Didn't get past this bit

"a desperation borne of their inability to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar or Gareth Bale, all game-changers, or match-winners, which Pogba is not."

Very, very, very good player - needs a system to play in that suits him for one thing

Doesn't "game-changers, or match-winners" just mean "goalscorers"?

Ash
10-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Not only goalscorers, reg. The bayonet tip doesn't pierce the target without someone behind pushing it.

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2016, 09:59 AM

Funny way to spell "No 10" red

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Not only goalscorers, reg. The bayonet tip doesn't pierce the target without someone behind pushing it.

Yeah, he does. That's the whole point of him!

Even a rubbish team like Leicester City can win the league if they have a decent striker.

redgunamo
10-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Funny way to spell "No 10" red

Pogba just makes me think of how many Ballon D'Ors Abou Diaby would've won, had God not put his body together on a Monday morning after a long weekend supping with the lads into the small hours :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
10-19-2016, 10:04 AM
I believe Pires' problem in his first months was that he was being converted from a central striking position as support striker to an out-and-out winger wasn't he?

Is Pogba being asked to do anything different? I don't think he's worth more than Ozil, far from it.