PDA

View Full Version : A road near me was shut today because a stag had gone through someone's windscreen

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:27 AM
I think this officially means I now live in the sticks. :-(

Pokster
10-18-2016, 08:29 AM

Blimey, in my day you just played Golf and got drunk on stag do's

Sir C
10-18-2016, 08:30 AM

I hope the poor dear was OK? :-(

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:31 AM
I hope the poor dear was OK? :-(

No, I'd imagine it's very dead - not sure the driver's too clever, either.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
10-18-2016, 08:32 AM

How inconsiderate....why couldn't he use the door?

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Blimey, in my day you just played Golf and got drunk on stag do's

My old man's favourite car, The Stag. Strangely.

Sir C
10-18-2016, 10:08 AM
My old man's favourite car, The Stag. Strangely.

I expect he was a martyr to his head gasket, r?

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:09 AM

Happily, he knows nothing from cars.

Burney
10-18-2016, 10:14 AM

Weren't they the ones that looked lovely, but were all a bit British Leyland under the bonnet?

TheCurly
10-18-2016, 10:16 AM

:slurp: Road kill for supper

Burney
10-18-2016, 10:17 AM
:slurp: Road kill for supper

Only for the coppers. The person who hit it isn't allowed, which seems unfair.

Sir C
10-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Weren't they the ones that looked lovely, but were all a bit British Leyland under the bonnet?

Quite. It was an 3 litre aluminium straight 6 donk which was quite advanced for its time, with predictable consequences; the head gasket would fail, the coolant departed, and the cylinder head warped. And this happened with stunning regularity.

Lots of owners went as far as replacing the engine with the trusty old Rover 3500 V8.

Another example of Great British Engineering.

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:19 AM

Right. Yes. The whole business put me off two-seaters forever. Pointlessly blithering and conspicuously futile doesn't even begin to describe it.

Brentwood
10-18-2016, 10:33 AM

Over here, its Moose you have to watch out for. They're huge and just stroll slowly across the road

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/moose-vs-car2.jpg

Burney
10-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Over here, its Moose you have to watch out for. They're huge and just stroll slowly across the road

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/moose-vs-car2.jpg

Yes, the story always went that Volvo always make their cars capable of passing 'the Moose Test' :hehe:

I remember being shocked in Sweden when someone told me they lay up in hides in the forest and just shoot moose. Hardly sporting imo. The things are the size of cattle and very slow moving. One should at least be in the open to give the poor creature a chance of getting you imo. Bloody foreigners. No sense of fairplay. :-(

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Yes, the story always went that Volvo always make their cars capable of passing 'the Moose Test' :hehe:

I remember being shocked in Sweden when someone told me they lay up in hides in the forest and just shoot moose. Hardly sporting imo. The things are the size of cattle and very slow moving. One should at least be in the open to give the poor creature a chance of getting you imo. Bloody foreigners. No sense of fairplay. :-(

I'm going to be eating one of them tomorrow :-(

Burney
10-18-2016, 10:47 AM
I'm going to be eating one of them tomorrow :-(

A whole one, r? :-(

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:52 AM
A whole one, r? :-(

A dozen or so of us, I suppose, gathering for an in-law's birthday at some fancy French place, in Düsseldorf of all places, so no; probably just the sweetbreads or something like that.

Burney
10-18-2016, 10:56 AM
A dozen or so of us, I suppose, gathering for an in-law's birthday at some fancy French place, in Düsseldorf of all places, so no; probably just the sweetbreads or something like that.

Are you sure it isn't a 'mousse'?

Brentwood
10-18-2016, 11:00 AM

When you take a train here in the winter, sometimes you hear a loud bang, then the train stops and the driver has to get out with his rifle to put the moose or deer out of its misery. It's very exciting

Burney
10-18-2016, 11:02 AM
It's very exciting

There speaks a man who lives in Scandinavia :-(

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Are you sure it isn't a 'mousse'?

"Hirsch", they call it :-|

TheCurly
10-18-2016, 11:04 AM
There speaks a man who lives in Scandinavia :-(

Where the cost of a pint is discussed in week's wages :-(