PDA

View Full Version : Sir C, Bruce S being interviewed on Radio 2 this week

Pokster
10-18-2016, 06:31 AM
Thursday, I think, at 5pm

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-18-2016, 06:52 AM

:nod: You can text a question to him on 88291...such as what is his favourite cheese, does he like lampposts and who is better between him and Dire Straits.

IUFG
10-18-2016, 07:19 AM
Why?

Would be my question, if I could be arsed.

Sir C
10-18-2016, 07:43 AM

ty, p. Simon Mayo doing the honours, I believe.

Bruce will ramble away utterly bafflingly and occasionally do his big chuckle. :cloud9:

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:18 AM
ty, p. Simon Mayo doing the honours, I believe.

Bruce will ramble away utterly bafflingly and occasionally do his big chuckle. :cloud9:

Surely Simon won't let that happen? He will probe him expertly.

Sir C
10-18-2016, 08:22 AM
Surely Simon won't let that happen? He will probe him expertly.

Many have tried; all have failed. Simon Hepworth failed quite spectacularly in 1984, since then I have seen numerous interviewers visibly blanch as Bruce tries manfully to express himself but becomes lost in a morass of mixed metaphors, allusions and bewilderment.

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Many have tried; all have failed. Simon Hepworth failed quite spectacularly in 1984, since then I have seen numerous interviewers visibly blanch as Bruce tries manfully to express himself but becomes lost in a morass of mixed metaphors, allusions and bewilderment.

Hmmm. Sounds almost as if it's a defence mechanism designed to ensure nobody actually gets anything meaningful out of him :rubchin:

Sir C
10-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Hmmm. Sounds almost as if it's a defence mechanism designed to ensure nobody actually gets anything meaningful out of him :rubchin:

Oddly, I think it's the opposite. I think he definitely wants to express himself, but, bizarrely for someone so erudite lyrically, in conversation he just can't decide on something to say and stick to it. It's like every answer has to answer everything.

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Oddly, I think it's the opposite. I think he definitely wants to express himself, but, bizarrely for someone so erudite lyrically, in conversation he just can't decide on something to say and stick to it. It's like every answer has to answer everything.

Gosh. Is he a boring conversationalist, then, or is it just in interviews? :-(

Sir C
10-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Gosh. Is he a boring conversationalist, then, or is it just in interviews? :-(

I wouldn't like to say; sadly I have never had the pleasure of coversing with him. Except once, when I dreamt that he was just hanging out at my house. He had no issues with me cuddling him, that much I do remember.

Burney
10-18-2016, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't like to say; sadly I have never had the pleasure of coversing with him. Except once, when I dreamt that he was just hanging out at my house. He had no issues with me cuddling him, that much I do remember.

I wouldn't like to cuddle him. I think of him as sweat-soaked and probably somewhat odiferous. :-(

redgunamo
10-18-2016, 10:04 AM

:nod: Because there's nothing meaningful there. NTTAWWT.