PDA

View Full Version : In The Guardian, David Hytner asks why Theo is playing so much better for Arsenal

Burney
10-17-2016, 10:25 AM
than he did for England.

Is the answer not blindingly obvious? Arsenal are much, much better than England - with much, much better players better able to work with Walcott.

This seems so obvious that I wonder why it's even posed as a question by a professional football writer. :shrug:

barrybueno
10-17-2016, 10:33 AM
I think the manager has a bit more experience and is slightly better also...

Ash
10-17-2016, 10:35 AM
than he did for England.

Is the answer not blindingly obvious? Arsenal are much, much better than England - with much, much better players better able to work with Walcott.

This seems so obvious that I wonder why it's even posed as a question by a professional football writer. :shrug:

There's also the possibility that the England players don't like him and (according to some) don't pass him the ball much. I saw a training clip on Sky of one of those sessions where players are standing in a circle and passing quickly to each other. No-one passed it to Theo. :hehe:

redgunamo
10-17-2016, 10:37 AM
There's also the possibility that the England players don't like him and (according to some) don't pass him the ball much. I saw a training clip on Sky of one of those sessions where players are standing in a circle and passing quickly to each other. No-one passed it to Theo. :hehe:

Piggy-in-the-middle? I rather think that's the idea, A.

Ash
10-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Piggy-in-the-middle? I rather think that's the idea, A.

He must have been out of position then, as usual, :riprolleyessmiley: as he was on the circumference.

redgunamo
10-17-2016, 10:59 AM
He must have been out of position then, as usual, :riprolleyessmiley: as he was on the circumference.

Yep, that probably explains it. Well done, Theo, imo; all these fanny-dancing passing exercises are no place for a proper bayonet tip anyway.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Hytner should get Theo to play at the National Theatre if he thinks so highly of him.