PDA

View Full Version : Once again this weekend the power of the sticky has been proven!

Burney
10-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Surely now you must believe?

Kneel before the sticky, ye unbelievers! Kneel!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sir C
10-17-2016, 08:12 AM

:nod: Obviously this will go down in history as the season Theo Walcott's goals won us the title.

Only we will know the truth. Hail Sticky!

Pokster
10-17-2016, 08:16 AM

Which has more power, the sticky or your Ashes over an Arsenal title comment in 2007???

Burney
10-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Which has more power, the sticky or your Ashes over an Arsenal title comment in 2007???

Good question, p. Obviously both are powerful juju and not to be sneered at, but I think Sticky has now superseded the previous magic and we will be dancing in the streets of Islington come May without any shadow of a doubt.

Pokster
10-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Good question, p. Obviously both are powerful juju and not to be sneered at, but I think Sticky has now superseded the previous magic and we will be dancing in the streets of Islington come May without any shadow of a doubt.

Of course if you are wrong the only way to break your curse will be to sacrifice you...sorry

Burney
10-17-2016, 08:39 AM
:nod: Obviously this will go down in history as the season Theo Walcott's goals won us the title.

Preach!

Although quite what the Sticky was doing allowing Theo to miss a bunch of chances it would have been easier to score or letting Xhaka get sent off for a yellow card offence I don't know. Still, who are we to question its awesome power?

Ash
10-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Preach!

Although quite what the Sticky was doing allowing Theo to miss a bunch of chances it would have been easier to score or letting Xhaka get sent off for a yellow card offence I don't know. Still, who are we to question its awesome power?

The Sticky moves in mysterious ways.

Sir C
10-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Preach!

Scripture clearly tells us, "You've got to be there to miss, these things even out over a season."

Amen.

Pokster
10-17-2016, 08:44 AM
The Sticky moves in mysterious ways.

A bit like your mum

Luis Anaconda
10-17-2016, 08:45 AM

Hail Spode, Hail Spode

I mean Sticky

Sir C
10-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Hail Spode, Hail Spode

I mean Sticky

Did you ever in all your puff seen such a perfect perisher, la?

Burney
10-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Scripture clearly tells us, "You've got to be there to miss, these things even out over a season."

Amen.

Amen. The Sticky is all-knowing. The Sticky is all-powerful. Praise Sticky!

In other news, I confited pig belly in lard yesterday. Took the skin off and let it cook slowly in the oven with the confit, then took the belly out, pressed it for about an hour under a heavy pan, chopped it into slices and then fried it so it had a nice crust without drying out. I then whacked the heat up at the last minute to make skin knobbly and crispy and served with a jus and apple sauce.

I shall always be doing pork belly like this in future. The meat was tender without being dry and the fat had rendered beautifully. I recommend this.

Sir C
10-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Amen. The Sticky is all-knowing. The Sticky is all-powerful. Praise Sticky!

In other news, I confited pig belly in lard yesterday. Took the skin off and let it cook slowly in the oven with the confit, then took the belly out, pressed it for about an hour under a heavy pan, chopped it into slices and then fried it so it had a nice crust without drying out. I then whacked the heat up at the last minute to make skin knobbly and crispy and served with a jus and apple sauce.

I shall always be doing pork belly like this in future. The meat was tender without being dry and the fat had rendered beautifully. I recommend this.

There was a Gordon Ramsay job like this some years ago, which left the skin on, confited, pressed over night, then fried in squares. Jolly good it was too, but something of a faff. I very much favour the Moro / Morito method these days as a compromise; roast at low temperature with plenty of crushed garlic and fennel seed, then cut into cubes and fry, adding lemon juice and ground cumin at the table.

Of your apple sauce deviancy I shall make no mention.

Burney
10-17-2016, 09:08 AM
There was a Gordon Ramsay job like this some years ago, which left the skin on, confited, pressed over night, then fried in squares. Jolly good it was too, but something of a faff. I very much favour the Moro / Morito method these days as a compromise; roast at low temperature with plenty of crushed garlic and fennel seed, then cut into cubes and fry, adding lemon juice and ground cumin at the table.

Of your apple sauce deviancy I shall make no mention.

I looked at the Ramsay thing and dismissed it as stupidly long-winded - It would take three days, ffs! My method was very good without all that and the removal of the skin guarantees proper crackling. I like the idea of cumin on it, though.

Ash
10-17-2016, 09:29 AM
I looked at the Ramsay thing and dismissed it as stupidly long-winded - It would take three days, ffs! My method was very good without all that and the removal of the skin guarantees proper crackling. I like the idea of cumin on it, though.

Look, gents, I'm not sure the Sticky will approve of this threadjack. For is it not written that it is a jealous sticky, and that thou shalt have no other subjects than the sticky in sticky-content subject threads?

Burney
10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Look, gents, I'm not sure the Sticky will approve of this threadjack. For is it not written that it is a jealous sticky, and that thou shalt have no other subjects than the sticky in sticky-content subject threads?

The Sticky is wise and cares nothing for threadjacking. The Sticky also understands the importance of a good pork belly.

redgunamo
10-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Hail Spode, Hail Spode

I mean Sticky

Women's underwear? Bit early for that sort of talk :-(