PDA

View Full Version : Theo should have had 4 or 5 today.

Gooner Canuck
10-15-2016, 03:53 PM
But I will take 2.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Not sure he will ever have it so easy to score a hat-trick for the Arsenal. But he was combative and sharp and scored two goals.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Not sure he will ever have it so easy to score a hat-trick for the Arsenal. But he was combative and sharp and scored two goals.

He really should have scored 5. Our last no. 14 would have scored all 5 of those chances today. I would so love for him to have a day (or many days) when he gets it all right and does score 4 or 5 or more. Against the scum or any of our other rivals would be even better.

I think he should do more finishing practice. This new formation means he'll get more and more chances. Feo and Alexis seem to be swapping a false 9 role at times, and Ozil is playing this season as more of a Bergkamp and less of a Cesc. If Feo could up his conversion rate, he'd be sorted.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-15-2016, 10:59 PM
He was a little unlucky with the shot that hit the inside of the post and went across the goal-line but missed a couple of easy ones.

But he's had a good start, if he plays like this all season I won't complain and he could score 25+ goals.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-16-2016, 01:00 AM
He was a little unlucky with the shot that hit the inside of the post and went across the goal-line but missed a couple of easy ones.

But he's had a good start, if he plays like this all season I won't complain and he could score 25+ goals.

Agreed. I'll be happy if we get 3 points and 2 Feo goals every game. But it will still be annoying if he could, and should, have had 4 or 5.

Gooner Canuck
10-16-2016, 02:06 AM
The only miss that bugged me was the last one. Tons of net to shoot at and had some time too. But I do think we may well have yet to see the best of him.

Brentwood
10-17-2016, 08:33 AM
He really should have scored 5. Our last no. 14 would have scored all 5 of those chances today. I would so love for him to have a day (or many days) when he gets it all right and does score 4 or 5 or more. Against the scum or any of our other rivals would be even better.

I think he should do more finishing practice. This new formation means he'll get more and more chances. Feo and Alexis seem to be swapping a false 9 role at times, and Ozil is playing this season as more of a Bergkamp and less of a Cesc. If Feo could up his conversion rate, he'd be sorted.

I'm not sure if you can teach or train Theo to be a more clinical finisher at this stage of his career. We have to be happy that he is starting to get into good goal scoring situations and be thankful that he is taking at least some of the chances he is presented with

PSRB
10-17-2016, 11:18 AM
The only miss that bugged me was the last one. Tons of net to shoot at and had some time too. But I do think we may well have yet to see the best of him.

1st one hits straight at keeper, every forward does that. 2nd one unlucky, inch further left and hits the post and goes in and the 3rd one, if you watch it bobbles up very slightly just as he makes contact. Another day he scores all 3 of those and messes up the other 2

The Ox must be a miffed though, should have had 2 assists

Burney
10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
1st one hits straight at keeper, every forward does that. 2nd one unlucky, inch further left and hits the post and goes in and the 3rd one, if you watch it bobbles up very slightly just as he makes contact. Another day he scores all 3 of those and messes up the other 2

The Ox must be a miffed though, should have had 2 assists

How easy did Ozil make his look, though? :cloud9:

PSRB
10-17-2016, 11:28 AM
How easy did Ozil make his look, though? :cloud9:

Oh yes, never thought he was going to miss

Sir C
10-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Oh yes, never thought he was going to miss

It would have been funny if he'd skied that one, though, given that his technique was much more sensible a couple of weeks ago when he (correctly) struck over the ball and was deemed to have been lucky when it bounced in...

Burney
10-17-2016, 11:44 AM
It would have been funny if he'd skied that one, though, given that his technique was much more sensible a couple of weeks ago when he (correctly) struck over the ball and was deemed to have been lucky when it bounced in...

But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this. :nod:

Sir C
10-17-2016, 11:48 AM
But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this. :nod:

I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp. :-(

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:00 PM
I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp. :-(

Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.

Sir C
10-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.

Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.

Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price. :hehe:

Sir C
10-17-2016, 12:08 PM

This bad boy.

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/brands/all-clad/all-clad-copper-core-stock-pot-pasta-insert-with-lid-24cm

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:11 PM
This bad boy.

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/brands/all-clad/all-clad-copper-core-stock-pot-pasta-insert-with-lid-24cm

Yes. A lovely thing. Mind you, I am somewhat confused as to how what is at the end of the day simply a cooking pot can cost as much as a smartphone or, indeed, a second-hand car. :hehe:

Sir C
10-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price. :hehe:

Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.

Oh, I know. I was uttering exactly such justifications to my wife as she virtually frogmarched me out of there.

Pokster
10-17-2016, 12:24 PM
This bad boy.

It looks like someone photoshopped the wrong price on c

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:26 PM
It looks like someone photoshopped the wrong price on c

You can't put a price on quality, p.

Although it does look like they've given it a f@cking good try. :-\

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/all-clad-copper-core-6-piece-cookware-set

Pokster
10-17-2016, 12:36 PM
You can't put a price on quality, p.

Although it does look like they've given it a f@cking good try. :-\

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/all-clad-copper-core-6-piece-cookware-set

£1,400 for a set of pans!!!! ridicules imo

Sir C
10-17-2016, 12:38 PM

They are wonderful to use and will last, literally, a lifetime - indeed, they come with a lifetime guarantee which All Clad apparently honour without fuss or quibble.

It's a big hit, but worth every penny.

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:48 PM
They are wonderful to use and will last, literally, a lifetime - indeed, they come with a lifetime guarantee which All Clad apparently honour without fuss or quibble.

:nod: 'Buy cheap, buy often', I bleated, as my wife wrestled me to the ground in order to prevent me taking my wallet out.

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:50 PM

I knew your Yorkie soul would rebel at the very notion, p :hehe:

Pokster
10-17-2016, 12:50 PM

but our lifetimes can't be that long, shirley?

Pokster
10-17-2016, 12:51 PM
I knew your Yorkie soul would rebel at the very notion, p :hehe:

I wiould guess a huge amount of southern souls would also rebel at that price.... they are having a bleeding laugh.
You can get about 400 F&C suppers for that b

Sir C
10-17-2016, 12:55 PM
but our lifetimes can't be that long, shirley?

It's this attitude that has seen the rise of the Ryanair and Primark society, p.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Burney
10-17-2016, 12:55 PM
I wiould guess a huge amount of southern souls would also rebel at that price.... they are having a bleeding laugh.
You can get about 400 F&C suppers for that b

They are rather lovely, though. I am lucky enough to own a couple and they are things of beauty.

Pokster
10-17-2016, 01:06 PM
It's this attitude that has seen the rise of the Ryanair and Primark society, p.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

You misssed Easyjet out c... flying to Budapest with them next April for about £50 return

Sir C
10-17-2016, 01:08 PM
You misssed Easyjet out c... flying to Budapest with them next April for about £50 return

:shrug: Tight fúcker.

Pokster
10-17-2016, 01:18 PM
:shrug: Tight fúcker.

And what is wrong with that? Save on the flights and treat the Mrs while we are there.

Sir C
10-17-2016, 01:22 PM
And what is wrong with that? Save on the flights and treat the Mrs while we are there.

What's wrong with being tight? Well, since you ask, it's a dessicated, mean-spirited, joyless, selfish, closed-minded miserable greedy materialistic mentality.

:shrug: No offence. But you asked.

Ash
10-17-2016, 01:24 PM
What's wrong with being tight? Well, since you ask, it's a dessicated, mean-spirited, joyless, selfish, closed-minded miserable greedy materialistic mentality.

:shrug: No offence. But you asked.

Bit harsh on Arsene there. :-(

Sir C
10-17-2016, 01:26 PM

Living within one's means does not equate to tight, a.

redgunamo
10-17-2016, 01:31 PM

That's other people's money, different matter entirely. Well done, Arsene.