What's the green card for?

Luis Anaconda
10-14-2016, 09:09 AM

Environmentally unsound behaviour

World's End Stella
10-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Sending someone off for being too Irish.

Robbie Keane, as an example.

TheCurly
10-14-2016, 09:13 AM

Fair play... ie attacker telling ref that wasn't a penalty/corner etc
Apparently you get "a prize" at the end of the season

Ash
10-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Environmentally unsound behaviour

"What did I do, Ref?"

"You failed to seperate your recyclables. I warned you before" *points around park*

Sir C
10-14-2016, 09:14 AM

Aww, that's nice. Santi should get one every game for having such a lovely smile.

Luis Anaconda
10-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Leave the fÚcking game alone

With all due respect, c - this is fairly typical football fans response to change. Other sports - ironically considered more "conservative" - such as rugby and cricket have demonstrably improved by embracing change and technology, something football seems loathed to do. The major rule changes in football in "recent" times (backpass/tackle from behind) have made it a better game I'm most sane people's eyes, quite tellingly the latter of those was some 25 years ago. They couldn't sort out the the ****ing offside rule in God put the definitive laws on two tablets and left them at the top of Mount Sinai

Ash
10-14-2016, 09:20 AM
With all due respect, c - this is fairly typical football fans response to change. Other sports - ironically considered more "conservative" - such as rugby and cricket have demonstrably improved by embracing change and technology, something football seems loathed to do. The major rule changes in football in "recent" times (backpass/tackle from behind) have made it a better game I'm most sane people's eyes, quite tellingly the latter of those was some 25 years ago. They couldn't sort out the the ****ing offside rule in God put the definitive laws on two tablets and left them at the top of Mount Sinai

"And lo, an attacking player will be deemed active if he obstructeth the view of the goalkeeper"

Video refereeing is being trialled in Holland, I gather.

Luis Anaconda
10-14-2016, 09:50 AM
"And lo, an attacking player will be deemed active if he obstructeth the view of the goalkeeper"

Video refereeing is being trialled in Holland, I gather.

I believe so as well. May have been a bit harsh on C in this case though - this does appear *******s

Luis Anaconda
10-14-2016, 09:51 AM

I thought it was just shown to the older players to mark that they should give up and go take a job in Major League Soccer

TheCurly
10-14-2016, 09:58 AM
i thought it was just shown to the older players to mark that they should give up and go take a job in major league soccer

*ba boom tish*

TheCurly
10-14-2016, 10:16 AM

I'd happily accept a "video ref"
As long as they don't fanny about.Decision within the minute mark is fine.

Ash
10-14-2016, 10:19 AM
I'd happily accept a "video ref"
As long as they don't fanny about.Decision within the minute mark is fine.

Some of the vid-refs in cricket fanny around terribly. I have found myself commenting: "Look, we can all see the ball didn't hit the bat so no need to watch it from 17 angles and let's get on with it :shout:"

redgunamo
10-14-2016, 10:27 AM

With respect though, neither of those fine, noble sports are football. Indeed, they are both frantically trying to catch up.

And the offside law simply needs abolishing; make defenders actually do the defending, rather than linesmen.

Luis Anaconda
10-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Some of the vid-refs in cricket fanny around terribly. I have found myself commenting: "Look, we can all see the ball didn't hit the bat so no need to watch it from 17 angles and let's get on with it :shout:"

Rod Tucker was pretty good last summer I seem to recall but spot on about some of them. They do get absolutely hammered if they get one wrong though

Sir C
10-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Rod Tucker was pretty good last summer I seem to recall but spot on about some of them. They do get absolutely hammered if they get one wrong though

I rather enjoy the referee being miked up in rugby. Mind you, you need some explanation now that the laws of rugby are so fúcking opaque.

Ash
10-14-2016, 10:35 AM

I had in mind the one doing Bangladesh-England the other day. If you have to 'rock-and-roll' a run-out call between two frames for ages than it should just be not out.