PDA

View Full Version : ProperFashWimb. Trivial activities that give you anxiety or you just don't like doing

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 03:02 PM
for example I have to go to the petrol station tonight.
This is a simple task but the thought of going is not a pleasant one.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 03:05 PM

I actually enjoy doing trivial things.
The dishes,hoovering,painting,assembling shít.
It's when I enjoy listening to music best

Ash
10-13-2016, 03:12 PM

I found the best way to enjoy the Tuesday Club podcast (RIP) would be to listen to it while assembling Ikea furniture. And I remember as a teenager I was painting my room while listening to the album Feline by The Stranglers, which was by far my least favourite of their albums, but that was the time I enjoyed it the most. Or indeed enjoyed it at all.

Ash
10-13-2016, 03:14 PM

Basically any kind of domestic administration. It was a minor miracle that I managed to arrange a boiler service for next week. But now the new sofa is arriving on the same day so I'm getting stressed about these events clashing.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 03:15 PM
I found the best way to enjoy the Tuesday Club podcast (RIP) would be to listen to it while assembling Ikea furniture. And I remember as a teenager I was painting my room while listening to the album Feline by The Stranglers, which was by far my least favourite of their albums, but that was the time I enjoyed it the most. Or indeed enjoyed it at all.

:nod: Takes all the stress out of it

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Basically any kind of domestic administration. It was a minor miracle that I managed to arrange a boiler service for next week. But now the new sofa is arriving on the same day so I'm getting stressed about these events clashing.

I have similar feelings.

If it's a Saturday and say we have somewhere to go in the evening. I will sort of sit around all day waiting for it time to get ready rather than get on with my usual Saturday activities.

Also I suffer from takeaway delivery anxiety.
Constant looking out of the window checking the time, having my tip money handy.

I think it comes to where I used to live when I was younger it was hard to find the door and I had to go down 7 flights of stairs.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 03:17 PM

Doesn't everyone get strangely stressed and nervous when putting the car through the MOT?

:-( It's as if it's a matter of life or death
Bastárding thing altogether.

PSRB
10-13-2016, 03:18 PM

I quite enjoy cleaning the cooker when I'm drunk and everyone else has gone to bed :-\

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Doesn't everyone get strangely stressed and nervous when putting the car through the MOT?

:-( It's as if it's a matter of life or death
Bastárding thing altogether.

:nod: Though for me it was the conversing with garage types. as I have no idea.
Then I stress about how when I get the car back my seat will be in the wrong position and I will never find the right spot again.

Glad valet parking is not popular here.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 03:21 PM
I quite enjoy cleaning the cooker when I'm drunk and everyone else has gone to bed :-\

I can't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink :-(

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 03:22 PM
I can't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink :-(

My wife insists the sink and draining board be completely dry after washing up.
it's extremely annoying. so i go nuts with paper towel. then she moans at me for using too much.