PDA

View Full Version : King Bhumibol Adulyadej gone!

Burney
10-13-2016, 01:20 PM
This leaves Her Britannic Majesty as the world's longest-serving regnant monarch. :bow:

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 01:38 PM
HMQ bowled him? :-(

Burney
10-13-2016, 01:42 PM
HMQ bowled him? :-(

I fear the poor benighted savage knew nothing of cricket, r. :-( This is the sad fate of those nations unfortunate enough not to have been part of our glorious and benign Empire.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 01:50 PM
I fear the poor benighted savage knew nothing of cricket, r. :-( This is the sad fate of those nations unfortunate enough not to have been part of our glorious and benign Empire.

Savages indeed. Even Mombasa has a cricket club.

World's End Stella
10-13-2016, 02:05 PM

'benign'? :hehe:

If only that Jorge chap were here.

Burney
10-13-2016, 02:09 PM
'benign'? :hehe:

If only that Jorge chap were here.

Pffff. You lot did alright out of it, didn't you?

I know. Being a monarchist and extolling the virtues of empire simply aren't as much fun if j isn't there to insult Her Maj or call her German or something.

World's End Stella
10-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Pffff. You lot did alright out of it, didn't you?

I know. Being a monarchist and extolling the virtues of empire simply aren't as much fun if j isn't there to insult Her Maj or call her German or something.

Oh I have nothing but respect for the former empire, Burney. I think the British especially deserve credit for extracting themselves from it in as civilised and non-violent a way as possible, it could have been a lot worse.

But it's a bit of a logical leap from 'the least offensive empire in history' to 'benign'. And without Jorge here to tell us all about the endless atrocities and call some of Britain's greatest historical figures 'murderers' it isn't quite the same.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Oh I have nothing but respect for the former empire, Burney. I think the British especially deserve credit for extracting themselves from it in as civilised and non-violent a way as possible, it could have been a lot worse.

But it's a bit of a logical leap from 'the least offensive empire in history' to 'benign'. And without Jorge here to tell us all about the endless atrocities and call some of Britain's greatest historical figures 'murderers' it isn't quite the same.

Load of old balls thon